This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 29 Mar 2007 07:09:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Once again, calm down. You're acting like a big baby, quite frankly

Every single post I have demanded facts from you. Can you not freakin man up and answer any of my questions.

Quote:
A simple search for "java vs c++" found this: http://www.kano.net/javabench/

Looks pretty solid to me. Hmm.

If you had actually looked at the link about 15 posts ago, it would explain why those benchmark tests don't apply to our argument at all.

Quote:
Where are YOUR sources? I happen to know that Game Maker 6 can actually make pretty good games.

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&h...G=Search+Images

There's my proof. Some pretty extreme games right there. Not to mention the fact that you have no control over any internal workings, you can't use any external graphics libraries, you're forced into using some predesigned crap, forced into plug and playing their designs.

Quote:
Game Maker is limited, but it is an excellent way to learn the basics of making games

Yea, that's a brilliant idea. Learn on some proprietary software that gives you no programming experience towards what it's like to program a real game. Just forget that it takes years to perfect your skills in other languages, and just spend all your time using some dumbed down game maker. That'll hone your skills.

Now,
for the like 5th time now,
I've asked people here many many times for proof, and various questions. I have yet to recieve.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Mar 2007 07:12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 29 Mar 2007 07:13:23 pm    Post subject:

I looked at the game section of game maker and there are definently 2d scrollers. I am not sure how your game works, but you should look on the website and browse the games to see if there is a game similar that you are trying to make. It would probably be more satisfying to make it from c++ or whatever and not from a build it in under ten kinda program. I agree with joe imp, only use game maker for a little preview, you can make your game and experiment with it. But in the end, some hard code will feel better, plus make you a better programmer.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Mar 2007 07:16:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 29 Mar 2007 07:18:06 pm    Post subject:

Man, why the hell am I even arguing with you. From all your past posts, you've proven you have no idea what you're talking about. I know I should just walk away and laugh at you silently by myself, but it just feels too good to try and rant you out. Why do I gain satisfaction in trying to be on top all the time.

In all seriousness though, I truly believe you are wrong in almost every thing you've said.

I'm going to pizza hut to get some food now. I'll let you get your last shot in while I'm gone, then I'm locking this when I get back. Question has been answered.
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 29 Mar 2007 08:10:16 pm    Post subject:

Understood.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement