This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 May 2007 07:40:49 pm    Post subject:

probably the more files a member has put in the archives, the more his vote is worth.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 27 May 2007 07:42:04 pm    Post subject:

luby wrote:
probably the more files a member has put in the archives, the more his vote is worth.
[post="105745"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I highly doubt that.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 May 2007 08:47:30 pm    Post subject:

Especially if all they did was spam Quadratic Equation stuff.
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 May 2007 08:53:15 pm    Post subject:

I know this would never occur, but I think that some of the staff at Ti-Calc needs to retire and let other people share the fun.

It's becoming a bit ridiculous over there.
They've already rejected a perfectly good game of mine (a very good sudoku to be exact), and they have no intent of featuring anything except the work of people that have inside connections.

Edit:
Not to mention that we've proved that they're screwing around with the ratings just to make their stuff look good. Seems kind of like a corrupt government, doesn't it.

Last edited by Guest on 27 May 2007 08:58:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 27 May 2007 09:01:41 pm    Post subject:

I think it's the number of people who voted that makes a difference.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 May 2007 09:44:13 pm    Post subject:

calc84maniac wrote:
Uh, guys, ever heard of weighted averages?
[post="105734"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That wouldn't be a very fair method of ranking, if one person's vote counted more than another's.
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 27 May 2007 10:25:49 pm    Post subject:

Maybe one of the staff members voted Dry
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 May 2007 10:47:06 pm    Post subject:

Xphoenix wrote:
Maybe one of the staff members voted    Dry
[post="105772"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Assuming that a staff vote doesn't have a really weird coefficient compared to a regular vote, the only way that could happen is if a second staff member was the 26th or 27th member to vote, which I consider unlikely.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 May 2007 10:54:53 pm    Post subject:

I agree about the featuring. They need some staff that are actually fair and balanced and do work every once in a while (review backlog, anyone?). For example, they're always complaining that there's nothing to write news about, but instead of featuring something that look several years to complete (Doors CS 6) they feature TiLP's minor updates for the ninth time.
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 27 May 2007 10:57:46 pm    Post subject:

Wait. DCS wasn't featured? OMG. That's conspiracy.
spandiv
-- Retired --

Posted: 28 May 2007 01:20:15 am    Post subject:

I think you guys are forgetting that ticalc.org is a non-profit website, so suing them would be absolutely stupid. In addition, in the scope of things a "biased" program rating system doesn't mean a whole lot, especially when the TI community is all about having fun and enjoying programming. What you guys also seem to be forgetting is that one or more 1 ratings would actually have significant effect on a program's rating.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 28 May 2007 02:48:10 am    Post subject:

calc84maniac wrote:
I think it's the number of people who voted that makes a difference.
[post="105756"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's exactly what I was thinking. Anyone can get 10 people to vote for their quadratic solver and give a 10/10. But can they get 200 or so people to give a 10/10?
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 28 May 2007 03:04:38 pm    Post subject:

Well, IMO, featuring programs and games is downright idiotic. I know some games that weren't featured that were so good they are STILL on my calc (including Bubble Bobble), while some games that were featured were so frikken' bad they only spent 5 min. on my calc (like Coaster 3D). Right now, the only reason people want their programs featured is the chance to win the PotY, or at least cast the spotlight on them for a short while.

My opinion is that every year, the featured projects get a chance to win the PotY as usual, but two programs/games that weren't featured that got the best ratings (independent of ticalc staff) and were released that year are also thrown into the polls.
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 May 2007 03:22:12 pm    Post subject:

How about the three programs submitted that year that receive the most downloads are put into the poll. Three programs for each category.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 May 2007 03:44:08 pm    Post subject:

methinks y'all should spend some time in tcpa, its REALLY hard to get any of the staff to move about anything, even when you volunteer to do it yourself.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement