This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Mar 2007 11:43:59 pm    Post subject:

It's not officially xPegz, but it should be referred to as such to differentiate from my previous Pegz remake.

Not only powered by xLIB, but powered by a slew of other ASM programs including CELTIC2, ONBLOCK, VARSTATS, VARTEST, etc. This is my biggest project thus far. And, if it makes any difference, I'm using the powers of CELTIC2 (Kudos to Iambian) to store to user-defined lists, and to save progress to an Application variable rather than a list

The level editor in action....

Real screenies coming, as soon I as write the engine.

Oh, and as soon as I get a working version, I could use some people who could help debug, optimize, and otherwise test xPegz. The way I have it set up, I'm sure there's a memleak somewhere...

Last edited by Guest on 16 Mar 2007 11:49:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Mar 2007 11:56:14 pm    Post subject:

Oh, jeez. This will have a favorable class-distribution ratio. Nicely done! Smile
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Mar 2007 11:59:58 pm    Post subject:

Already? Well, there are lots of features it has already that aren't in the screenie. Like, it detects if a level is archived, if you are trying to save over an existing level, if it isn't a level, and so on.

Thanks Weregoose. Didn't expect that, least of all from you...Smile I assume that by class-distribution ratio you mean the distribution through the classroom Very Happy.

Oh yeah. And thanks to nitacku for helping me out on the scrolling backgrounds.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Mar 2007 12:03:24 am; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Mar 2007 11:39:16 am    Post subject:

Is there any real reason to use ONBLOCK? I mean, it doesn't add any features, except protecting the user from his own stupidity (and pressing [ON] shouldn't have any real impact except leaving variables all over the place), but adds the nuisance of another assembly program to deal with.

With the other tools you're using, I'm sure you could even test if prgmONBLOCK exists, and only run it if it does (which would make using the program optional).

That being said, it looks like an awesome project - keep up the good work!

Last edited by Guest on 17 Mar 2007 11:42:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Mar 2007 12:10:55 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DarkerLine!

Why use ONBLOCK? Because CELTIC2 is the only program that can archive/unarchive appvars, and it toggles. That being said, if someone quits in the middle of it, the appvar would be unarchived, and then the next time it ran, it would archive the appvar, and thus either cause an error or crash when I try to write to the appvar.

It's probably going to end up as an App, so ONBLOCK is auto-ran, but for testing reasons, the betas will be released as is, so testers can Goto errors.

ONBLOCK isn't being very cooperative right now. I'm doing it right, but I think xLIB is overwriting it or something...

Last edited by Guest on 17 Mar 2007 12:22:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Mar 2007 06:44:37 pm    Post subject:

Are the two programs using conflicting Safe ram areas?
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Mar 2007 06:48:00 pm    Post subject:

I dunno. It hasn't crashed or anything.
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 18 Mar 2007 03:44:51 pm    Post subject:

xPegz looks beautiful! Keep up the good work HarrierFalcon! I like the scrolling backgrounds by the way :biggrin:
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Mar 2007 07:19:22 pm    Post subject:

Thanks! Though you probably should be praising nitacku, he showed me how to do them.

Thanks for revolutionizing Basic, tr1p1ea!

Last edited by Guest on 18 Mar 2007 09:41:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Mar 2007 03:41:45 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
Why use ONBLOCK?  Because CELTIC2 is the only program that can archive/unarchive appvars, and it toggles.  That being said, if someone quits in the middle of it, the appvar would be unarchived, and then the next time it ran, it would archive the appvar, and thus either cause an error or crash when I try to write to the appvar.
[post="99027"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Solution: Unarchive the appvar just before accessing it, and archive it again as soon as you're done. If someone breaks during that tiny period of time, you're out of luck, but that's quite unlikely to happen, and besides, you can put cautions against that in the readme or in the program itself.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Mar 2007 04:09:15 pm    Post subject:

DarkerLine wrote:
Harrierfalcon wrote:
Why use ONBLOCK?  Because CELTIC2 is the only program that can archive/unarchive appvars, and it toggles.  That being said, if someone quits in the middle of it, the appvar would be unarchived, and then the next time it ran, it would archive the appvar, and thus either cause an error or crash when I try to write to the appvar.
[post="99027"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Solution: Unarchive the appvar just before accessing it, and archive it again as soon as you're done. If someone breaks during that tiny period of time, you're out of luck, but that's quite unlikely to happen, and besides, you can put cautions against that in the readme or in the program itself.
[post="99167"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
I thought of that, but I came up with another solution. I was going to do that, but it would slow the continuous gameplay down(It loads slow enough as is). The solution I'm using simply detects if the AppVar is unarchived or not, and unarchives it if it is.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Mar 2007 08:26:25 pm    Post subject:

I apologize for doubleposting, but I just want people to know that progress is being made. Up to this point, every little conceivable detail (conceived by me, at least) is worked out. All I have left is the engine, which coincidentally is also the hardest part. If anyone would like to see what I have, lemme know.

As a side note, I would also like to note that prgmZRUN has also been implemented. Because of the way BasicBuilder handles subprogs, coupled with the way I'm using to store to user-defined list, requires that I have a way to run a program out of basicbuilder. It has not been tested but will work hypothetically.

EDIT: As per request by nitacku, I have attached what it is to this point. Ungroup PEGZ5, then ungroup PEGZPICS and run pgrmZINSTALL. pgrmAAAAAAAA is the main prog--run that.

Last edited by Guest on 22 Mar 2007 10:00:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Apr 2007 04:26:46 pm    Post subject:

Oops, triplepost! But as I have made significant progress since last post, it is necessary to update expectants of the xPeg status.

The engine is done (as watchers of my siggy already know), and all that's left is smoothing out wrinkles. I have replicated all of the Flash levels already, too. I have attached what I have done, all that's left is for me to add my own levels. Just don't choose 'Built-in' unless you want an ERR:UNDEFINED. After that all that's left is modding it for BasicBuilder.

Send and ungroup PEGZPIC3 and archive all the pics. Then download all the other files to your calc and run prgmAZINSTALL (Make sure you have deleted the old xPegz AppVar), then prgmAAAAAAAA.

On a side note, AVALANCH is not a subprog, but rather a one-byte (haha, inside joke) program that is the fastest Basic avalanche you'll ever play.

A small screenie to keep people [s]drooling[/s] updated:
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Apr 2007 04:32:15 pm    Post subject:

[s]drools[/s] quiero quiero quiero
Are you sure you haven't developed a basic hook that reroutes you to the flash game via bluetooth connection? It looks awesome. what emulator are you using?
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Apr 2007 05:14:26 pm    Post subject:

PTI. The best emu. Period.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 03 Apr 2007 05:43:21 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
PTI.  The best emu.  Period.
[post="100136"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

...so far. I think somebody has forgotten about wabbitemu (40 FPS animated screenshots ftw)... Razz
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Apr 2007 07:00:19 pm    Post subject:

I didn't see a downloadable version in the forum, so I think that disqualifies WabbitEmu for now. PTI is still the easiest, because it doesn't require a ROM directly from the calc Smile.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Apr 2007 10:52:24 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
I didn't see a downloadable version in the forum, so I think that disqualifies WabbitEmu for now.  PTI is still the easiest, because it doesn't require a ROM directly from the calc Smile.
[post="100140"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

nor does tilem Wink
Recursive Acronym

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Apr 2007 05:21:07 pm    Post subject:

PTI is the most accurate one, but it is a little hard to use (no onscreen keys, some things in the debug pane). I would probably use TiLEM, but my GTK libraries on my Win 98 PC have a screwed up color for the screen of the calculator, rendering it unusable.

Last edited by Guest on 04 Apr 2007 05:21:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Apr 2007 05:38:27 pm    Post subject:

I don't like clicking for buttons, and the PTI keyboard layout is the best I've seen.

EDIT: If you've found any bugs (other than the weird flickering of the scrolling backgrounds) lemme know. Suggestions are also welcome.

Last edited by Guest on 04 Apr 2007 06:12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement