This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
chipmaster

Posted: 04 Mar 2007 11:48:52 am    Post subject:

File Name :: Double Dragon
Author :: chipmaster
Category :: Ti-83plus Asm Games
Screenshot :: [img]http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?act=downloads&do=imgss&id=280[/img]
Description ::
Double Dragon is a side scrolling arcade classic, now for your ti83+/84+. Winner of the TI Freakware Programming Contest, it features ten levels, varying enemies, greyscale graphics, eight directional movement, and speedy game play. The TI Mafia has your girlfriend, and you're left passed out on the street. You have nothing to lose. The cards are on the table, it's up to you to save the day.

View File
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Mar 2007 02:49:58 pm    Post subject:

Sweeeet! I've been waiting for this for a long time...I'll dl it immediately.

EDIT: Nice grayscale? The menu seems a little too simple for the game, but whatever. The game is cool! Although the second guy to attack does kinda look like your girlfriend...

Last edited by Guest on 04 Mar 2007 02:57:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
chipmaster

Posted: 04 Mar 2007 04:26:12 pm    Post subject:

hehe, thanks for the comments. I was putting off releasing this until I cleaned up a couple of things, but I never could find the time. I may get around to releasing a second version with more levels, enemies and weapons. :evil:

Oh and you caught me with the sprites. Yea, all the female sprites are the same, my bad Wink
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Mar 2007 04:58:37 pm    Post subject:

teh. I'm pretty sure I'll know when my girlfriend appears...but one thing. Why would there be a TI Gang? Programming calcs is for geeks...which pretty much encompasses this entire forum.
chipmaster

Posted: 04 Mar 2007 06:44:08 pm    Post subject:

Gang =/= Mafia. Mafia crime families are organized and led by intellectuals. Watch the godfather and get back to me Wink Or just stop reading too much into it. lol

BTW: I designed the game so that level backgrounds get prettier the farther you get, so if you are disappointed with the lackluster graphics of the first level or two, keep trying because the cool stuff is just a level away.
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 04 Mar 2007 07:00:21 pm    Post subject:

Nice! I've been waiting since the end of contest to see your entry. Great job!

Now I'll need to check out how you do your greyscale routine...
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Mar 2007 08:31:53 pm    Post subject:

It's really fun too! Smile
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Mar 2007 09:21:20 pm    Post subject:

It is a little hard to get used to the timing of things but is pretty fun. Hard is über difficult. Great Programming.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Mar 2007 10:01:47 pm    Post subject:

YAYAAYAYAYAY, Ive been waiting for this for a long time!!!
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Mar 2007 10:23:01 pm    Post subject:

In honor of both chipmaster and the name of the game...
I still have yet to pass the first level...but if this background isn't 'cool', I guess later ones will be uber-cool.

Last edited by Guest on 04 Mar 2007 10:24:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 05 Mar 2007 03:01:33 am    Post subject:

Chipmaster, this looks amazing, great job!

--AlienCC
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 05 Mar 2007 11:38:57 pm    Post subject:

Harrier Falcon, I am definitely convinced that you're chinese. Great work Chip, especially since there aren't many greyscale games out there.
Cure

Posted: 06 Mar 2007 07:02:33 pm    Post subject:

baorder54 wrote:
Harrier Falcon, I am definitely convinced that you're chinese.
He is. I believe he mentioned that a while ago.

And besides, I'm white and I can do [some, don't have any good paper to try some more] origami. Don't assume "omfg lolz oragamee hes must be chinois!". The world doesn't need stereotypes. (Not to mention origami is traditionally Japanese, not Chinese). They bother me every day.

Back on topic...
Chipmaster, it's about a time you released this! Very Happy I've been waiting ever since tifreak posted the contest results. The backgrounds are great, gameplay is fast, but the only thing that's a bit weird is when there are 2 enemies on screen, and you knock one over, the other one disappears until the first one gets up. Other than that, it's pretty fun. I haven't gotten very far yet, though.

Last edited by Guest on 06 Mar 2007 09:42:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 07 Mar 2007 05:28:32 pm    Post subject:

Technically, Origami was originally Chinese, but went to Japan and flourished there.

Games like these make me feel the lack of a working 83+ every day.
axcho

Posted: 09 Mar 2007 08:09:49 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon, is that dragon your own design? It looks pretty nice.

Quote:
BTW: I designed the game so that level backgrounds get prettier the farther you get, so if you are disappointed with the lackluster graphics of the first level or two, keep trying because the cool stuff is just a level away.
Sirlin would say that you should instead make the first level really cool, then make the levels start bad and ramp up after that. :)

But as a calculator game, it shouldn't matter too much. People will take what they can get! :D

Anyway, nice work!
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Mar 2007 08:49:30 pm    Post subject:

I don't think it's by him. I think it's a Jeremy Shaffer model. I have it in Origami to Astonish and Amuse. I could try my hand at it if someone wanted to see my mad Origami skillz too. Razz
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Mar 2007 08:55:00 pm    Post subject:

I got it from Origami Sourcebook. I can't design anything for rotten beans.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Mar 2007 02:12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
axcho

Posted: 11 Mar 2007 12:35:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I don't think it's by him. I think it's a Jeremy Shaffer model. I have it in Origami to Astonish and Amuse. I could try my hand at it if someone wanted to see my mad Origami skillz too. Razz
Oops, and I have that book, so I should know that! I made the nail clippers once, with foil paper. It looks almost real from a distance. Smile
Cure

Posted: 11 Mar 2007 12:07:13 pm    Post subject:

IAmACalculator wrote:
Technically, Origami was originally Chinese, but went to Japan and flourished there.
Citation? Click Here.
Also,
Wikipedia wrote:
Although some historians argue that Origami originated in China, where it was called "Zhe Zhi", it is generally accepted that its actual development as an art form occurred in Japan.

As far as I see, there's no proof as to where to originated. It is evident though, that it has been adopted by Japanese culture more so than the Chinese.

Anyway, discuss origami here. No need to spam chipmasters topic. Wink

P.S. baorder54, read your facts before flaming someone, eh?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement