This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Recursive Acronym

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Jan 2007 07:25:22 pm    Post subject:

I am planning on making a program that allows you to use your calculator as a keyboard. Basically what happens is you execute an asm program, and then turn the calculator sideways with the arrow keys down. Then, you hook the calculator to the computer using the normal direct link cable, and then it acts as a HID USB keyboard. I would like to do it because I want the experience and it could be used temporarily for multiplayer games when an extra keyboard is not available (I have one game on my computer with multiplayer and I would like to try it). I don't know if it is possible, but I am looking into it. I have decided against using usb8x because I want the experience, I don't want users to have to install extra programs to use it, it isn't that hard, usb8x's libraries are probably geared toward the calculator controlling, and I want speed. All I know is that the CPU port to control the USB is $4D, but I am researching it right now and reading the usb8x source. I was wondering if anyone (writers of usb8x?) could give me a few hints or direct me to a site with some documentation.
todlangweilig

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Jan 2007 07:35:49 pm    Post subject:

This will get you half way there.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/213/21313.html
Recursive Acronym

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Jan 2007 08:12:50 pm    Post subject:

todlangweilig wrote:
This will get you half way there.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/213/21313.html
[post="95300"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thanks. I had heard about that before. Learning how the USB protocol works looks like it will be dificult.
Taricorp

Posted: 20 Jan 2007 12:00:09 am    Post subject:

Someone else had the same idea:
http://www.detachedsolutions.com/forum/m/34380/

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jan 2007 12:00:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement