This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Jutt

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 03 Jan 2007 04:09:21 pm    Post subject:

Hello all,

I've returned to UTI because I've been working on a new puzzle game in Basic the last few days. At the moment I have implemented everything and got the game working – hopefully without any bugs.
I've speed-optimized it as much as I could and it runs decently on a 84+. The game is still somewhat slow though when simulating the game physics. Now I've ran out out of ideas to gain more speed.

I'd like to know if someone can find more tricks to make it run faster. Also some bug testing would be much appreciated. See attachement for the game programs – send both progs in the zip file to your calc and run prgmA000ACG2.

In short the goal of this game is to bring all balls to the exit of the level. other game elements involve rocks, explosives, key+door and 3 types of walls. some can be pushed around the level and/or can fall down due to gravity.
The zip file also contains an animated screenshot which shows a demo of the testlevel that is implemented and should give enough info on how all elements work.

Thanks in advance.

btw, the game concept is not my own idea – it is largely based on the webgame Acno's Energizer.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 03 Jan 2007 05:56:07 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if u saw this or know about this but here. Linkadink

Best of luck!
Jutt

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 06 Jan 2007 04:23:36 pm    Post subject:

To keep this project updated:

- Now levels can be stored more efficiently in strings, which saves a bunch of space.
- I've made a Level Editor which lets you easily create a level and saves it in a string. For now you'll have to replace it with the demo level in the game program to test it.
- Quite a lot levels have been created, but they won't be revealed until the final release.
- No bugs found yet, but no new speed optimizations either… Sad
- I've not quite decided yet how to implement it, but there will be external level support.

Attaced is the latest version of this game.
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Jan 2007 12:55:22 pm    Post subject:

when I run program A000ACG2 I get an error undefined at [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]-1+instring(str0,sub(str6,5J+.5I-2,1->N because string0 is not defined. it does works after I used the level editor.

edit: after I pushed all of the balls in the exit, nothing happens. is there something else I have to do?

Last edited by Guest on 07 Jan 2007 12:59:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement