This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Flash
Umpa Loompa

Posted: 27 Sep 2003 09:25:17 pm    Post subject:

yes it is off topic, it has nothing to do with gamesharks, gamegenies, or what they do. well maybe it does... but my point is, that is interesting... i almost feel like downloading mirage and trying that. knowing how lazy i am i probably wont do that but rather go find some cheetos (yummy edible cheese nips)
Neostar

Posted: 29 Sep 2003 06:21:28 am    Post subject:

hmm... genie, nah, people are too stupid they'll keep asking me questions, it would be a lot easier to just have a menu with the available codes, then you click the menu selection and it inputs the code, that way I won't get swamped with questions at school and my e-mail inbox won't explode. Confused
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 29 Sep 2003 04:02:13 pm    Post subject:

give them all a UTI email and ignore them
Neostar

Posted: 30 Sep 2003 07:08:11 pm    Post subject:

nah, everytime I recieve an e-mail I always answer it, I'm just that nice a guy... I take out of my time and go out of my way to answer their question... it makes me feel good
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 26 Mar 2004 10:55:54 pm    Post subject:

so Neostar, did this project dwindle away? Sad
Missin2rideWS

Posted: 27 Mar 2004 10:11:06 pm    Post subject:

tr1p1ea wrote:
Actually what you could do is have a 'searching mechanism' that would search the Ti's memory for certain values. It would work very well for unique values, but maybe it wouldnt work so well for stuff like lives. For example say your current score is '12432', you would then just search memory for that value. Once you find it, it is highly unlikely that this value would be duplicated anywhere else in memory so it is bound to be the correct address(even if it is duplicated, it wont be too often so a little testing will decipher which address is correct). However if you have '5' lives...and you search for '5' in memory, you will most likely find a whole lot of memory locations that store '5' (like thousands) for one reason or another. You will still come across the one you are looking for(where lives are stored) but you will have to sift though lots of others and do a bit of testing (and risk crashing the calc) to find it. But once you do find it you would just save it and everything will be great! Very Happy.

:after you do the search 5ave all the possible adresses and thier valu3s.
:go bakc to the gam3, then loose a life or shoot a bullet or whatever.
:go b4ck to teh game shark and check them all to see which one (ones) changed.
:repeat until correct location is found
X1011

Posted: 28 Mar 2004 12:15:12 am    Post subject:

I think that is the general strategy for all gameshark type things isn't it?
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 Mar 2004 01:51:30 am    Post subject:

i vote 2 progs:
1: game genie, you can enter your own codes, whatever. when it closes, saves entered codes to an appvar and loads the interrrupt
2:pre done codes, select the ones you want and it will write them to the app var.

the interrupt reads a address and value from teh appvar, does whatever, then reads the next one....
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 30 Mar 2004 08:37:00 am    Post subject:

yes, quite simple in reality.

with searching, you would only have to search from 9D95(959D?) and on for about 65535 bytes. that is all a program can have really... (maximum)
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 30 Mar 2004 11:54:29 pm    Post subject:

Missin2rideWS: Yeah thats the way i do it with emulators ... Smile.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement