This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
JaMeSsS

Posted: 14 Dec 2006 07:41:49 am    Post subject:

Hi,
this is something what I'm thinking about for really long..
Can someone make a program or app that (un)hides programs from the TIOS ?
Yeah, yeah, this exist allready.. but can you also add a command with the program so you can run that hidden program.
Something like Asm( but than Runh(prgmName)

I don't know if this even is possible.. but I would love this when someone can make this..
Maybe also add an ASM-checker to the command, so when prgmA is an ASM-prgm you just have to use Runh(prgmA and the command knows it's ASM..

Plzzz let me know if this is possible.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Dec 2006 07:43:20 am    Post subject:

Yeah. It's called MirageOS or DoorsCS. In Mirage, simply hit alpha, go to main options, and hit show hidden progs or something like that.
JaMeSsS

Posted: 14 Dec 2006 07:47:35 am    Post subject:

I know MirageOS, but I don't think that is what I'm looking for!
Well.. maybe I want something that can't be done.. but it would be cool if the program/app first 'instals' the commands somewere in a TIOS menu and with this commands can (un)hide apps & progs + itself.. AND with these installed commands run the hidden apps/prgms..
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 14 Dec 2006 03:56:21 pm    Post subject:

I think you can run hidden programs if you know their names. You'll need to type out the name, instead of choosing it from the prog menu.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 14 Dec 2006 06:05:09 pm    Post subject:

I must admit that ur request is somewhat confusing but io think mirageOs is really what ur looking for, cuz u can play hidden games in mirageOS as long as they are regognized by Mirage. Once uve selected the checkbox like harrier said, u can press [prgm] on miragesos homescreen and itll ask u to hide them. then u can press the y button or n button
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Dec 2006 06:07:36 pm    Post subject:

You can make an app that installs a keyhook for a new command, but really I think just prgm works fine.

A program is hidden if the first character is lowercase, which means _AlphaUp will not find it. prgm However probably uses a _Checksym (dont shoot me for bcall names geez) thing, so it can run and find it anyway.
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 14 Dec 2006 07:43:26 pm    Post subject:

B_CALL(_FindSym) (what you described as CheckSym) would work, but it is very time consuming to go through all the list (Assembly clock speeds, not seconds, please). So if you know the name of the program or whatever it is, then it would be B_CALL(_ChkFindSym), Op1 being the variable name. But this is a bit too much for hidden. Just write prgmXXXXXXXX on the calc's homescreen (the bunch of X being the name of the program) and it should run. But make sure that the case matches with the program's name.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement