This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Math and Science => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Mr. Oblivion

Posted: 11 Dec 2006 10:23:20 pm    Post subject:

Well, here's a little history and science for you guys that don't know

There was once a brilliant physician by the name of (name with-held). As he gained experience, (name with-held) developed a formula to determine the patterns of his patients' emotional, mental and physical health:

Y1=50sin((2pi/V)X)+50
Y2=50

Values of V:
23: Physical health
28: Emotional Health
33: Mental Health

In window:
Xmin=subject's days old
Xmax= subject's days old +30
The rest can be zoom, fitted, once graphed

You should end up with a sin wave. The point of the graph all the way to the left is the subject's (mental/physical/emotional) health today. all the way to the right is that health in 30 days. The Horizontal; line that cuts the whole thing in half is their 50% line. Obviously, the low points are the low health points and the high points on the graph are the high points of the health.

Well, I hope you all can enjoy this. It is really fun to do with friends. P.S. while calculating days old, don't forget leap years!!! Smile
trigkid213

Posted: 11 Dec 2006 10:27:03 pm    Post subject:

My trig teacher loved graphing calculators, and she actually showed us how to make a biorhythm program.
Mr. Oblivion

Posted: 11 Dec 2006 10:33:19 pm    Post subject:

Oh that is awesome. My Geometry teacher, who is also a trig teacher taught me this. could you give me the program for this, if it isn't too long?
trigkid213

Posted: 11 Dec 2006 10:34:31 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, that was a while ago. Don't have it any more. It's pretty easy to make, though.
Mr. Oblivion

Posted: 12 Dec 2006 06:29:01 am    Post subject:

yep I would imagine it has something to do with a way to determine age and then a way to insert that info and whatnot into a graph, right?
trigkid213

Posted: 12 Dec 2006 07:34:05 pm    Post subject:

Basically. Try it!
thornahawk
μολών λαβέ

Posted: 13 Dec 2006 04:12:32 pm    Post subject:

Checking problem 1.45 in this book might be of use. ;)

thornahawk
Mr. Oblivion

Posted: 14 Dec 2006 11:00:24 pm    Post subject:

I am not sure I get what you are aiming at
thornahawk
μολών λαβέ

Posted: 15 Dec 2006 05:08:43 am    Post subject:

There's Matlab code in that book to do a sample biorhythm. It should be easy to translate that into TI-Basic.

thornahawk
Mr. Oblivion

Posted: 15 Dec 2006 04:27:41 pm    Post subject:

oh, ok thanks
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement