This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Dec 2006 05:51:05 pm    Post subject:

While music games are at least possible on BASIC, in order for them to be challenging and precise (IOW not laggy) the speed just isn't sufficient. I could get a full combo on the most difficult song in XXR because it was just very easy..

Well i guess it could be fast enough i you made it 15mhz only GRMBL
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Dec 2006 03:00:38 am    Post subject:

That's not an issue with speed, it's an issue with 4 keys being inherently easy to push according to 4 arrows. The only thing normally compensating for that increadible lack of skill requirements is insane scrolling and animation activity.

Turn down the pace, add coordination difficulty.

Ie. forget about 4 icons representing 4 keys you have to press the same way the icons are lit up. That's only just a step harder than a tap-the-key-as-fast-as-possible "game".
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Dec 2006 01:32:35 pm    Post subject:

In DDR and especially beatmania, the difficulty lies mostly in timing. The difference between MARVELOUS!!! and PERFECT!! is only 16ms for example. Basic just isn't precise enough to see that timing difference.

Also, any music game is boring if IT DOESN'T HAVE MUSIC.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Dec 2006 05:40:48 pm    Post subject:

If it doesn't have music while the game revoles around pressing 4 arrows as they light up "in tune" (yeah right) with the music, yes.
myfavcolorchanges

Posted: 16 Dec 2006 10:04:17 pm    Post subject:

Iknow all of this, I just realized that I don't beleive anything quite like this has ever been done.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement