This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Dec 2006 06:36:45 pm    Post subject:

File Name :: Nibbles X
Author :: Harrierfalcon
Category :: Ti-83plus Games
Screenshot :: [img]http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?act=downloads&do=imgss&id=238[/img]
Description ::
The first thing you think is that this is a rip-off of Nibbles II. OK, so maybe the idea is. But the actual coding is still entirely mine. And it's still really fun. All the wipe FX make it seem cooler too.

It might be 1427 bytes, but compared to some other games and all their subprogs, that's pretty small.

Includes a high score, no subprogs, no pics, and several features that prevent both the block and the food. The score is not only based on the amount of food eaten but also the time you survived. Therefore 1 block can be the difference between tying the hi and beating it!

One thing to note is that in Nibbles II, your snake becomes block-immune right after eating for 1 move. this can be used to penetrate and erase blocks, or snake your way into the score portion of the field. Nibbles X fixes this glitch, although it was rather fun.

Credit for ideas goes to Tsuaka X and JP Caron (creator of Snake II). Listed:

Tsuaka X : The 3*3 block for the snake, and the basic playing field.
JP Caron : The "Opening Menu" effect.

Updated Fri, Jun 22 2007 4:17 pm

View File
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 07 Dec 2006 08:21:23 pm    Post subject:

Nice! the game runs pretty fast. I'd never have thought that my Snake 2 would inspire someone... Feels great to be credited for code!

After looking in SC2, there are some little code snippets that could be optimized:

[font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]:Disp " Nibbles X!"," by"," Robert Moy
:Output(1,1,"

changes to
[font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]
:Disp " Nibbles X!"," by
:" Robert Moy

9 bytes saved

[font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]: D+E→D
:Text(28,22,"SCORE : ",Ans
:If D>∟NIB2(1
:Then
: D→∟NIB2(1

Changes to

[font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]: D+E→D
:Text(28,22,"SCORE : ",Ans
:If Ans>∟NIB2(1
:Then
:Ans→∟NIB2(1

Saves a little time

[font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]:SetUpEditor∟NIB2
:Unarchive∟NIB2

SetUpEditor unarchives the list by itself, so no need of unarchiving it after
[font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]
:SetUpEditor∟NIB2
Is sufficient, and saves some bytes

[font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]:‾62→Ymin
:94→Xmax
:0→Xmin
:0→YMax

could change to:

[font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]:‾62→Ymin
:0→Xmin
:Ans→Ymax
:1→\triangleX\
which saves 1 byte (hmm)

Also, you might want to use finance variables instead of normal variables. It goes faster (Link to the test), but takes 2 bytes instead of 1

Last edited by Guest on 07 Dec 2006 08:23:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Dec 2006 10:30:09 pm    Post subject:

K, quick question. What does storing into [triangle] X do? Obviously it changes window vars somehow, but how does it work?

I'll update it with some optimizations after I'm done.

And yes, Snake 2 was very inspiring.

Thanks for the tips!\

EDIT: 1->[triangle]X set Xmax to 84.

Last edited by Guest on 07 Dec 2006 10:32:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
c_plus_plus
My Face Hertz

Posted: 07 Dec 2006 10:55:17 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
K, quick question.  What does storing into [triangle] X do?  Obviously it changes window vars somehow, but how does it work?

I'll update it with some optimizations after I'm done.

And yes, Snake 2 was very inspiring.

Thanks for the tips!\

EDIT:  1->[triangle]X set Xmax to 84.
[post="92199"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It is actually called delta X and it means change in X. storing 1 to delta X sets the graph screen so that every pixel is one more on the X scale. So, if your Xmin is 0 and delta X is 1, one pixel from the left would have an X coordinate of one, two pixels from the left would have an X coordinate of two. Understand?
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Dec 2006 11:25:17 pm    Post subject:

Ahh...i get it. I had set Xmin to -10, therefore the right-most pixel would be 84. Thanks!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement