This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Dec 2006 04:07:04 pm    Post subject:

File Name :: Shoot a Mole! v1.0b
Author :: Harrierfalcon
Category :: Ti-83plus Basic Games
Screenshot :: [img]http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?act=downloads&do=imgss&id=237[/img]
Description ::
Although it is still in beta (I'm sure there are bugs but I can't find them), this Shoot-a-mole game is still really addicting. I suppose if you got technical that you could call it text-based, because it uses text sprites for almost everything.

This general idea is this--shoot as many as moles as you can with 10 rounds. You only lose a round if you miss. The game ends when you run out of bullets (I won't say lose because that implies there's a way to win). At that point a score is calculated. The score is based on the number of moles shot, the difficulty, and the time you survived. I'm sure at this point your thinking you could just leave your calc on overnight and get a score of 100000000000000000000000. Nice try. I've incorporated a feature that prevents you from doing such a thing.

Shoot a Mole has excellent graphics (as you can see). One of the outstanding features is a high score feature WITH INITIALS. Rather than just using a rather volatile string, Shoot a Mole takes direct key inputs and turns them into numbers, which are then stored into a list. It also uses no pics whatsoever. Also utilized are several wipe effects which make the game seem that much cooler. Several more screenshots are included in the zip files.

In-game instructions are included. Any bugs\glitches (none known at this time) should be PM'd to me or e-mailed to the address.

Shoot a Mole is now optimized a little, with one major change. This provides faster and smoother gameplay. The slowdown that occurs when a Mole moves has shrunken (is that a word?), and the rest has been "gummed down" so it is now all at the same consistent speed.

And if it makes you happier, it's the same size (3939 bytes Razz)

All of this is wrapped up into 1 prog--meaning no subroutines and no pics to ungroup or worry about.

Updated Tue, Dec 12 2006 9:05 pm

View File
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement