This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
c_plus_plus
My Face Hertz

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 08:22:51 pm    Post subject:

LolBbq wrote:
Anyways, C++, I'll offer to create the GUI for Phasm once I grasp ASM a bit more.
[post="91300"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't exactly want a gui. I want an editor that is better fit for editing assembly than the BASIC editor that would be curently used (and which I am using for my testing as I move along.) My assembler already has a menu in which you select from the found programs the one that you want to assemble (a subtle form of gui.) It is mostly menu driven.
LolBbq

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 09:20:59 pm    Post subject:

So what is left to make for Phasm? For the editor, it would be neat to have a copy/cut and paste function. You should incorporate both editor and assembler into one, so while in the editor, you could hit [Mode] which goes to a menu with all functions like copy, cut, paste, save, load, assemble, and exit. I think a very simplistic GUI (like just a dropdown menu) would be very sleek and intuitive for an assembler.
c_plus_plus
My Face Hertz

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 09:29:49 pm    Post subject:

Phasm needs to have the preprocessor done. I still need to do bcalls and labels, finish doing string literals. That will get me to about 50% then, I will do the main core of the assembler itself, with the actual opcodes. I would be further done, but I tend to get sidetracked and delay work for a while.

I do agree with what you are saying, but Integrating the editor and assembler would take a bit of restructuring.
LolBbq

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 09:48:34 pm    Post subject:

Integration does not necessarily have to be hard. You can store each line of instruction from the editor into processing storage for the assembler to convert into hex, which in turn is stored into the .8xp. Of course, what am I to say what is easy or not when I haven't even seen the code or details of Phasm yet.
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 20 Nov 2006 06:28:31 am    Post subject:

Here's the compiler, but this time it works well. I'm download #3.Link

Supports Mirage, Ion and DCS6 equates. Error catcher (that works, I tried). No needs of brackets. The only thing I think is bad is the fact the assembler is in ram, but anyway...
LolBbq

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Nov 2006 07:00:00 am    Post subject:

The fact that it resides in RAM can easily be fixed by porting it over to MOS or making it an app. I guess it's fine if it's in RAM since you can always archive before you run your program.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement