This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 17 Nov 2006 07:53:26 pm    Post subject:

LolBbq wrote:
Or, just have all three part of the app and just let the user define their own include if they want to. So that way if people are fine with the standard .inc then just let them be.
[post="91196"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't seem to get it? three parts? Mos and Ion .inc. What else .inc? Editable? The user will have to create a program apart of it and just say to include it within the source code.
LolBbq

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Nov 2006 08:03:57 pm    Post subject:

No, you misread it, I meant having all three .incs (Ion, MOS, and ti83plus) part of the compiling app, and then if the user needed self-defined incs, they could make a .inc with the ti-basic editor.
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 18 Nov 2006 07:59:03 am    Post subject:

Ok, so here's what we have now:

-Tokens with registers chosen by menus
-Mos, Ion, ti83plus.inc files included within the apps, and the possibility for the user to create one in a .8xp file.

But for the tokens, choosing registers is okay, but when you have numeric input, here's how I think it should be:

ADC a,[45h
ADC a,[someequate]
ADC a,[10101010b]

ld (***h),hl [9D93
ld (***h),hl [someotherequate

I know the second is ugly, but that's how are tokens. For numeric input, we could use decimal, hex, binary and equates. just put the number after the little [. The parenthesis wouldn't need to be closed.
LolBbq

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Nov 2006 08:12:20 am    Post subject:

How would the wildcards (*) be dealt with? If the parser in the app comes upon it would it save the value and then compare with the program counter to check where it points to?

In the second example, are 9D93 and someotherequate Good Idea stored in hl to start with? Or is hl going to be stored into 9D93h?

Also, I guess tokens won't be required on our part. I mean, if the programmer makes the same mistakes that TASM would pick up, then why not just let the app pick up those same errors? Then we can allow a more natural programming environment instead of deviating from the standard z80 instruction set.

Last edited by Guest on 18 Nov 2006 08:24:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 18 Nov 2006 09:05:23 am    Post subject:

The fact is that when there's a need for a numerical input, the value is stored after the opcode.

Example: ld (****),hl is 00100010 : [immLSB] : [immMSB]

So if the parser look at ld (***h),hl [someequate, here'S what it should do:

-put 00100010 in current byte of compiled output program (because it's a token)
-increase byte counter
-put LSB of equate at byte counter
-increase byte counter
-put MSB of equate at byte counter
-increase byte counter
-Do something else

Quote:
Also, I guess tokens won't be required on our part. I mean, if the programmer makes the same mistakes that TASM would pick up, then why not just let the app pick up those same errors? Then we can allow a more natural programming environment instead of deviating from the standard z80 instruction set.

I don't get your point here. No use of tokens and use of text-files? If it's text files, then ok, wildcards "[]" could be accepted (I mean check what is the instruction after and before the brackets, then check whatever is inside the brackets). I agree text-files would increase programming ease and the size of the apps, because of no menus.

[Edit]Not related: I love Flash Debugger's Tracing log! Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 18 Nov 2006 09:07:11 am; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Nov 2006 09:18:01 am    Post subject:

how about if you choose a command that requires an immediate value, you have to type it in right there and then, before it inserts the command? This is an ugly way of doing it.
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 18 Nov 2006 09:38:41 am    Post subject:

And what if you need to enter another value after? you'll need to re-insert the instruction. Isn't very user-friendly
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Nov 2006 09:40:58 am    Post subject:

But readable. Besides, you could just come up with a clever way to move the cursor around so that it would be able to edit the inside of the token.
LolBbq

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Nov 2006 10:20:12 am    Post subject:

DarkerLine wrote:
But readable. Besides, you could just come up with a clever way to move the cursor around so that it would be able to edit the inside of the token.
[post="91212"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I was thinking about that last night lol...But how would you "break up" a token and insert text in the middle of it?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Nov 2006 02:47:23 pm    Post subject:

Well, if you were to write your own editor, you could display whatever you want however you want.
LolBbq

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Nov 2006 03:12:12 pm    Post subject:

I can always resort to not using tokens and just parsing the whole thing and buffering the hex code.
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 18 Nov 2006 10:04:41 pm    Post subject:

Then the [] become useful just to check what's before and what's after, then take out the value.

Or if tokens are to be used, then have the "ld " token, the ",a" token, the "b,c" token and so on. That will definitely need menus. Or a certain number of "hotkeys", user-definable if needed and the access to the numbers and brackets (and menu, please!)

[Edit]
Or add the token like in the TI-OS, but instead of having the cursor going at the end of the token like in Basic, have the cursor go to the "inside" of the token. The buffer would still look like this (numerically): A3,LSB,MSB, but the display would look like:

ld (45A8h),hl

if we add cursor, represented by \ around the character, then it would look like this when moving right from the beginning of the line:

\l\d (45A8h),hl
ld (\4\5A8h),hl
ld (4\5\A8h),hl
ld (45\A\8h),hl
ld (45A\8\h),hl
ld (45A8\h\),hl
ld (45A8h),hl\ \

Last edited by Guest on 18 Nov 2006 10:11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
c_plus_plus
My Face Hertz

Posted: 18 Nov 2006 11:41:34 pm    Post subject:

Guys, if you will like, ill give you the format that my code input for phasm will be. Then, you can write the editor for it while I write the assembler.
LolBbq

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 06:15:52 am    Post subject:

c_plus_plus wrote:
Guys, if you will like, ill give you the format that my code input for phasm will be. Then, you can write the editor for it while I write the assembler.
[post="91248"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Is the assembler going to be better than the current assemblers available? Razz
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 01:38:37 pm    Post subject:

LolBbq wrote:
c_plus_plus wrote:
[post="91248"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Is the assembler going to be better than the current assemblers available? Razz
[post="91256"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I hope so, because if it's not better, what's the point of the project?
c_plus_plus
My Face Hertz

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 05:35:47 pm    Post subject:

I've made a readme I made mainly as a features summery. It has been posted elsewhere on this forum, but I have changed it. It should summarize not only the features, but also it's syntax.
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 06:00:21 pm    Post subject:

Is this what is currently done or going to be? For now, how do you count on us doing % and @? will it be / and theta, respectively?

Anyway, it looks really nice. As I said before, I'm willing to help.

Quote:
All text is uper case

[...]

.DB "Hello World", 0

And this?
c_plus_plus
My Face Hertz

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 06:15:51 pm    Post subject:

Fallen Ghost wrote:
Is this what is currently done or going to be? For now, how do you count on us doing % and @? will it be / and theta, respectively?
[post="91294"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Some is done (about 25%.) Most is what I intend to be. For example, I have most of the directives working \w number literals, and I have the errors working.

No. I intended to have my editor to later be able to add special characters like % and @.
Fallen Ghost wrote:
Quote:
All text is upper case

[...]

.DB "Hello World", 0

And this?
[post="91294"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The text for the commands is uppercase. Any literal text can be any character string in quotes.

Edit: Hey! I just realized that was my 400th post!

Last edited by Guest on 19 Nov 2006 07:07:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
WikiGuru
ADOS (Attention deficit... Oh! Shiny!)

Elite

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 06:26:28 pm    Post subject:

This seems like a good idea to me, but coding z80 on the calc just doesn't seem so convient (or safe) at all. Better to just do it on the computer.
LolBbq

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 07:47:19 pm    Post subject:

[quote name='Ti-Ho' date='Nov 19 2006, 07:26 PM']This seems like a good idea to me, but coding z80 on the calc just doesn't seem so convient (or safe) at all. Better to just do it on the computer.
[post="91297"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/quote]

It isn't safe at all either on the computer or a calculator. If your code is bugged, it's bugged. However, convenience can be argued. The main reason I proposed this idea was that I have plenty of spare time in math and study halls to learn some ASM. Now, I couldn't do that if I didn't have an on-calc assembler, right? (Unless I installed TASM on my school account) Anyways, this program is going to be an app, so when you code, all you have to do is archive everything and just program away; if it crashes, only the program that caused the crash would be cleared. Anyways, C++, I'll offer to create the GUI for Phasm once I grasp ASM a bit more.

Last edited by Guest on 19 Nov 2006 07:49:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement