This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
Lasering

Posted: 24 Oct 2006 01:40:55 pm    Post subject:

Hi!!!

i've made a prog to make my "notes" for 2 reasons:
1)Because with the prog i make them faster
2)and because i hate TI-Graph Link we have to be always pressing Caps Lock or shit to make lowercase letters.

But now i want to sofisticate it more! and i want after i done all the "notes" my program auto, i dont know if this is the right word, encryph to a 8XP file so the file is ready to transfer to the calculator, but for that i need a dll ou something to "gain" access to the code and to put in my Microsoft Visual Basic .Net project is there anything open souce ou that ins't copyrighted that i can use?
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 Oct 2006 04:16:42 pm    Post subject:

what notes??
Lasering

Posted: 24 Oct 2006 05:56:55 pm    Post subject:

i said notes because i dont know the expresion in english for "cabulas" that is portuguese!

But notes is this case mean: i've tests in fisics and i'm allowed to take my Alphanumeric calculator (TI-84+) to the test so i can put inside formulas, what's that? what's this? why this force is smaller then the other?Etc?
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 Oct 2006 09:52:36 pm    Post subject:

Ah, he wants a "cheatsheet". That's the English term for it.
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 Oct 2006 10:15:19 pm    Post subject:

CREATING:

[PRGM] > [->] > [->] > [ENTER] > [2ND] > [ALPHA] > N > O > T > E > S > [ENTER] > [2ND] > [ALPHA] > [type your notes here]

VIEWING:

[PRGM] > [->] > [select NOTES] > [ENTER]
Lasering

Posted: 25 Oct 2006 09:12:53 am    Post subject:

No its not that!!!!!!!
I dont do cheatsheets in edit mode i do them in exe mode with menus and so...
I've made a COMPUTER PROGRAM that makes the code for that with the values already on, them i copy the code, i put it in the graph link, i save to a file, them i go to TI Connect-Device Explorer and i send the program previously saved to my TI-84.
What i want to do is to eleminate the steps "them i copy the code, i put it in the graph link, i save to a file" and replace it for something like i save the code to a 8xp file (this is why i need Graph Link to save to a file that the machine regonizes) i send to my TI-84 throw Device Explorer.
But the problem is to to that (to my COMPUTER Program save to a 8xp file) i need some code or methods or a .dll file etc
It is like to create a new TI-Graph Link program but made by me and not by TI

Last edited by Guest on 25 Oct 2006 09:13:42 am; edited 1 time in total
benryves

Posted: 25 Oct 2006 10:06:01 am    Post subject:

I've written a class library for creating TI variables, if you'd like it... (it's .NET-friendly).
It can only create program variables from binaries (byte[]), though.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 25 Oct 2006 04:32:12 pm    Post subject:

Use this (that's a download link) to make the files on the computer.

Then read the files on the calculator with this.
Lasering

Posted: 25 Oct 2006 05:22:48 pm    Post subject:

I dont want to use the app NoteFolio althougth it looks cool
I to make a new prog in the machine
benryves

Posted: 26 Oct 2006 05:42:10 am    Post subject:

It's laughably primitive, but if all you want to do is create 83+ program files, it appears to work.

Download: out_ti

Add out_ti.dll as a reference to your project.

Look under the TIFiles namespace. Ignore the TIFiles.BrassPlugins namespace - those are output plugins designed to be used with Brass 2.

To create a file, you need to create a variable group. To this you can add variables, such as a program.

So far only Program and Picture have been implemented. Picture is hardly there either. Stick to using Program and 83+ (this is still in development).

Here's a sample program (C#). It creates a .8xp assembly program that shifts the screen 8 pixels when run with Asm(

Code:
// Create a new group to store the programs
TIFiles.VariableGroup TestGroup = new TIFiles.VariableGroup(TIFiles.VariableGroup.CalculatorModel.TI83Plus);
TestGroup.Comment = "This is a test";

// Create an empty program variable, named TESTFILE.
TIFiles.VariableGroup.Program TestProgram = new TIFiles.VariableGroup.Program(TestGroup, "TESTFILE");

// Dump in our data
TestProgram.Data = new byte[] { 0xBB, 0x6D, 0x3E, 0x48, 0xD3, 0x10, 0xC9 };

// Protect the file
TestProgram.Protected = true;

// Add the program variable to the group
TestGroup.Variables.Add(TestProgram);

// Save the file
TestGroup.Save("Test." + TestGroup.SuggestedExtension);

I hadn't realised how incomplete it was - stick to the 83+ for the moment, as the other formats are not fully implemented. (When Brass 2 is closer to completion you can download the updated out_ti which will be a little less "rushed").
Lasering

Posted: 26 Oct 2006 12:19:41 pm    Post subject:

Thks!!! That is more what i was looking for!!

Just a doubt if i want to make a program like so:

:Lbl MM:ClrDraw:ClrHome
:Menu("Test","Menu1",1,"Menu2",2,"Exit",E
:
:Lbl 1
:Disp "Test
:...
:...

Last edited by Guest on 26 Oct 2006 12:35:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
benryves

Posted: 27 Oct 2006 05:19:35 am    Post subject:

You'd have to perform the tokenisation yourself, I'm afraid.

You can find them listed in ti83plus.inc, or this one will have a nicer table.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 Oct 2006 07:28:43 am    Post subject:

Ooooor you could use SourceCoder 2.0: http://sc.cemetech.net
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 28 Oct 2006 08:40:57 pm    Post subject:

</blatant self advertisement> Huh. Seem to be getting lots of those tags lately. :D

He wanted to make his own program. Otherwise he could have just used Notefolio. That, and he might not want to register at Cemetech just to use SC2.

Oh, kermmartian, your custom title is very misleading. People might thing you're the Site Admin or something like that. Just so you know. Wink
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement