This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 26 Sep 2006 08:42:50 pm    Post subject:

1- Is there any documentation on how moving the mouse and retrieving data from it?

2-Flash IS assembly which IS ASM. There are only minor differences between both (like Self-Modifying Code and the place you take on the calc)

3-You'll need to decide if it is 68k (89, 92, voyage 200) or Z80 (82, 83, 84 series) assembly, there is a big difference between both.

4-
threefingeredguy wrote:
My basic snake game had 16 directions. It's pretty easy to do.
[post="89005"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

There is quite a speed difference between moving a 3*3 pixel box and alot of 6*6 (or so) ennemies, keeping track of their attacks, of your shots, your way of looking and maybe power-ups, moving character, whatever else.
magus57

Posted: 28 Sep 2006 07:09:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm guessing it would be easier and faster on a 68k, but I only have a TI-84, so I wouldn't know. As for the documentation, I don't know, that's why I was asking Smile
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 28 Sep 2006 07:22:49 pm    Post subject:

Do even have a mouse for your calc? Also think that it is a small USB, not a standard USB port on the calc, so you'll need the adapter, cable, whatever it is. Also think that if it is not common, you're better using keys than the mouse.

Easier, I don't know, faster, for sure.
magus57

Posted: 29 Sep 2006 04:53:15 pm    Post subject:

Yes, you do need an adapter, which I have. The mouse I used worked with the program that has a sample driver that responds to mouse movement and right/left-click, but the mouse can't be used outside the program.
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 29 Sep 2006 05:33:18 pm    Post subject:

magus57 wrote:
Yes, you do need an adapter, which I have. The mouse I used worked with the program that has a sample driver that responds to mouse movement and right/left-click, but the mouse can't be used outside the program.
[post="89174"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ok perfect, but who else than you has a mouse like that? And since you don't have the driver, then it's a little less useful.

And it cannot be implemented in pure TI-BASIC for sure
magus57

Posted: 19 Oct 2006 06:42:21 pm    Post subject:

So anybody want to help me with this?
magus57

Posted: 04 Nov 2006 03:28:52 pm    Post subject:

So far, I've found out that I can make simple solver programs on my calculator, but it is easier for me on my TI-86 rather than my TI-84+SE. But then again, solver programs probably won't help me much in making Crimsonland, so anybody want to help make it or teach me how to do gaming (in Basic or Assembly)?
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Nov 2006 05:08:12 pm    Post subject:

Fallen Ghost wrote:
3-You'll need to decide if it is 68k (89, 92, voyage 200) or Z80 (82, 83, 84 series) assembly, there is a big difference between both.

4-
threefingeredguy wrote:
My basic snake game had 16 directions. It's pretty easy to do.
[post="89005"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

There is quite a speed difference between moving a 3*3 pixel box and alot of 6*6 (or so) ennemies, keeping track of their attacks, of your shots, your way of looking and maybe power-ups, moving character, whatever else.
[post="89058"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think he meant that the directions are pretty easy to calculate. and don't bother w/ ASM on 68k. just use a good library.

well, if you want to learn ASM, then there's always ASMin28. And then you could ask for help here if you get stuck.

Conceptually, you should probably break down the game into problems that need to be solved.

For example, you need to figure out how to get key input. Then you need to figure out how to translate that into what the character does. Then you need to figure out how to represent that on the screen, not to mention figuring out how to draw onto the screen (which can be an icky business ^^).

Meanwhile, you need to be figuring out how the enemies are moving around and draw them onto the screen too. I think for the most part, you might have to use two keys to spin the character.

I think the USB mouse will have to come later.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 04 Nov 2006 05:15:04 pm    Post subject:

Actually, that could be pretty easy with those usb8x drivers. Don't know if anyone has experience with those, though.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement