This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Dec 2006 12:25:11 pm    Post subject:

can't scroll yet so I generated a few different maps to get one that was interesting in the upper left corner, so stay for the whole screeny.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Dec 2006 06:02:23 pm    Post subject:

under 2300 bytes and half that is the title screen.

the ability to open files has now been programmed, although atm all the files contain is a map. map generation is now fully functional. working on writing the map scrolling code.
Cure

Posted: 12 Dec 2006 09:10:49 pm    Post subject:

The progress is looking great. I hope to see this finished soon (maybe as a Christmas present to UTI?) Very Happy
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Dec 2006 11:24:57 am    Post subject:

thank you.
its not even close to being finished though. once Kerm gets out of finals week and makes some changes/fixes to the GUI API Ill finish up the interface (about an hours worth of work), then start coding the game rules

Last edited by Guest on 13 Dec 2006 11:25:17 am; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Dec 2006 02:37:02 pm    Post subject:

[quote name='"email to makers of strategic conquest"']from  Thomas Dickerson 
to  Delta Tao Software
date  Dec 21, 2006 2:34 PM 
subject  strategic conquest ai 
mailed-by  gmail.com 

greetings,
I have no idea how active delta tao software is anymore, however I really enjoy strategic conquest 3,  although I never got a chance to try 4. Anyway, to get to the point, as a side project I am attempting to recreate a version of strategic conquest for the ti-83+ series of graphing calculators in z80 assembly language. I have completed much of the work on the interface/graphics, but I was wondering if you would be willing to supply me with the complete movement/combat rules used by strategic conquest, as well as possibly a rundown of the different heuristics used by each level of AI. I am attempting this as a GPL'ed project, not for anything commercial, in honor of all the hours I spent playing strategic conquest on a computer I no longer have access to. Any help you could supply would by great. Thank you. [/quote]

I'll post more when I get a reply.
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Dec 2006 02:44:52 pm    Post subject:

I hope that they are willing to help you.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

and the rest looks good.

Last edited by Guest on 21 Dec 2006 02:46:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Dec 2006 11:12:58 am    Post subject:

well, no luck on the AI, but he did provide me with some useful information.

Quote:
Sorry, but Peter Merrill has us sworn to secrecy on the AI stuff.

The AI is far more complicated than the rest of the game programming
combined.

Thanks!

--Joe
--------------------------------------------------------------
Thomas Dickerson  to Joe

hmmm.....I was somewhat afraid of that...I guess Ill have to do the AI myself....would it still be possible to get information on the rest of the game rules? I want to make sure I have them all covered, and I get the feeling there may be things I haven't discovered yet. For example, only in the last few games I played did I discover that destroyers are excellent for attacking coastal tanks.
thanks again,
thomas
-----------------------------------------
Joe Williams  to me

Well, there's the manual:

http://www.joedelta.com/stratcon/

Thanks!

--Joe
------------------------------------
Thomas Dickerson  to Joe

Excellent, I hadn't seen that particular document before. Thanks for all the help, once I make some more progress on coding in the rest of the rules, and do finish hotkey support Ill remember to send you a screenshot of it running on my calculator.
Thanks for all the help,
Thomas
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 26 May 2007 12:25:03 pm    Post subject:

Well? What progress on this? We need some pwnsome DCS games to help promote it. Smile
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 May 2007 08:24:13 pm    Post subject:

sadly not much in the last month, I've had been insanely busy (missed more school this quarter than in the last 5 years together and none of it due to sickness). The last progress I made was I started working on making the tilemap scrollable, and I converted all 900 or so lines to use the DCS macros instead of the hard coded calls to make it more readable.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement