This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Dec 2003 12:59:36 pm    Post subject:

dang those are bright. most are only aroung 50 MCD
NextPerception

Posted: 21 Dec 2003 07:50:58 pm    Post subject:

yah I got a 10 dollar radioshack gift card and can probably get this project under way again.
I will have to shut my eyes while I walk past the zip zap rc cars though...
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 22 Dec 2003 03:39:20 am    Post subject:

Or you could just buy them.'

I had a white LED. It had a sort of blueish tint to the light because the led produced blue light, which would hit a white phosphor to give off white light.

Anyway, it was kind of neat, so I went 3.6 v
4.5 v
at 6 it was almost all blue, but it was a bright

I then tapped a 9v for about a second and it got hot but was brigter.

I connected the 9v, and it was terribly bright, then it dimmed, turned nasty orange, and started smoking. Then quit.
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 07 Jan 2004 01:16:57 am    Post subject:

LED's never go out. But with too much voltage they burn out, and you can never use them again. If you want to use a 9v you have to use a resistor.
EnderWiggin

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 10:14:43 pm    Post subject:

(If any body still checks this topic...)

Has any one made a GOOD working calc light yet?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 11:05:51 pm    Post subject:

My roommate *claims* he used the 'scatter method' I mentioned when he was in high school. Frankly though, I think he's full of it. Very Happy
NextPerception

Posted: 22 Jan 2004 05:06:20 pm    Post subject:

i have seen the little worm light things for gameboy and mabye i could adapt one of those
EnderWiggin

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Jan 2004 03:35:17 pm    Post subject:

The game boy lights are pretty expensive though just to cut it up and modify it
Molyme

Posted: 24 Jan 2004 09:24:41 am    Post subject:

Tried this?
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lak.../Backlight.html

I havnt yet. Tell me how it works.
Spyderbyte

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Jan 2004 01:17:50 pm    Post subject:

Well the original post mentioned that hew had just epoxied his case shut, so he would like not to have to open it. But if you're going to go to the trouble of the light above, why not use and el panel? The old topic at cirrus is here.

Spyderbyte
Bluefire

Posted: 28 Jan 2004 05:19:23 pm    Post subject:

ive read this post and decided to come up with my own external worm light for the calc, its sorta big but, hey! it works and cost less than 10$ ill have pics up as soon as my digital camera works again, but to give a basic overview, its a switch and batteries on a small thin peice of plywood that uses velcro to attach to the back of the calc and a big worm light with two rectangular greed LEDs on the end. All in all, it looks sorta crappy, but also as soon as i get spray foam (alot of things i need to get around to doing Razz ) i will spray it over all but the battery holder and sand it down to a nice looking square. it will look pretty good when im done Cool
Molyme

Posted: 31 Jan 2004 05:55:11 pm    Post subject:

Bluefire wrote:
ive read this post and decided to come up with my own external worm light for the calc, its sorta big but, hey! it works and cost less than 10$ ill have pics up as soon as my digital camera works again, but to give a basic overview, its a switch and batteries on a small thin peice of plywood that uses velcro to attach to the back of the calc and a big worm light with two rectangular greed LEDs on the end.    All in all, it looks sorta crappy, but also as soon as i get spray foam (alot of things i need to get around to doing Razz ) i will spray it over all but the battery holder and sand it down to a nice looking square. it will look pretty good when im done Cool

Ok. Tell me when you're done. Cant wait.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement