This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
skier

Posted: 09 Sep 2006 07:47:07 pm    Post subject:

It would be cool to have it pure ASM... I could help a little although i too am still learning. I couldnt be a main coder.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Sep 2006 07:48:50 pm    Post subject:

The majority of it will still be done in basic, just the display feature and storage for all the sprites will be in the ASM. If I understand elfprince he is creating his own custom Library for this project. The Menu's, battle mode, and even the movement code itself will still be in BASIC. So a lot of work will still need to be done.

BTW: If anybody has anything to say about other tiles to put in post them. I updated the list with some of my own ideas.
Sage Orator

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Sep 2006 08:48:31 pm    Post subject:

We were already using xlib, this is just making our own sprite displaying. Everything but sprites will be in BASIC. I like it that way.

Like I said I'll get the daggers up, need to find my cord.
skier

Posted: 10 Sep 2006 03:06:20 am    Post subject:

Allright well if you need another ASM program for the game just PM and ill try.
Sage Orator

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Sep 2006 11:02:03 am    Post subject:

I found my backup cord so here are the daggers. The second and last one are finished versions rather than preliminaries like the others.

Daggers:
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Sep 2006 06:30:59 am    Post subject:

Hmmm, The 2nd one looks pretty cool, but for a dagger it is awfully large. How would we make the two hand sword with the dagger being that big? Some of the smaller ones look pretty good though, if you want to try something different you could try them at an angle.
Sage Orator

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Sep 2006 04:18:49 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I know, I had to make it longer and wider to fit in the line. I could probably scale it down rather easily, we'll see what others want.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Sep 2006 07:16:47 pm    Post subject:

@bananaman: http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thr...forum_id=608751
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Sep 2006 08:49:23 pm    Post subject:

Ok, I put all three of you on now, and gave you all full privaleges. I don't really know my way around that site very much, but I'm learning. I am swamped with school work right now, but am trying to do as much work as I can.
Sage Orator

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Sep 2006 08:52:20 pm    Post subject:

Thanks that really helps. We're all, or at least I am, unfamiliar with the site as well. We can wander in the dark together. Don't worry about it, it isn't a one man project and we can certainly understand homework loads.

Really helps to be able to do something there. I'll start adding screenshots, posts, etc. tomorrow.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Sep 2006 08:52:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Sep 2006 12:23:57 pm    Post subject:

Sage Orator wrote:
Thanks that really helps. We're all, or at least I am, unfamiliar with the site as well. We can wander in the dark together. Don't worry about it, it isn't a one man project and we can certainly understand homework loads.

Really helps to be able to do something there. I'll start adding screenshots, posts, etc. tomorrow.
[post="88133"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

we should also get the home page up, I can do that tonight.
Sage Orator

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Sep 2006 04:22:05 pm    Post subject:

Ok sounds good.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Sep 2006 07:46:29 pm    Post subject:

Don't worry this isn't dead I just haven't had much time to post anything lately.

I was thinking about the game and decided it should have tons of side quests that you don't have to do. Like having a time limit and after so long another of the big major events happens, but during the down time you can talk with people and do all their different quests. Speaking of quests someone was talking about writing an ASM program for this. If you could make one that does a mini-game of archery. Where there is a target and you try to get a bullseye. The aiming would be something like N64's NBA live free throw, where a ball would go horizontal and you tried to press a button when it was in the very center and then a ball would go vertical and you press a button in the very center. THe ball wasn't really over the hoop it was on a miniture that didn't have a hoop on it. But have one input number in the ANS variable that is between 1 and 25 the higher the number the less randomness of the shot after how good of a button presser they are. You don't have to do this, but it would be much quicker and nicer in ASM.

The attachment is a bunch of pictures of weapons, they are all planning, but I like all the circled ones. Don't take offense if I did some of the same weapons as you did sage orator, I'm just throwing out other ideas.

I also have almost a finalized version of all the numbers of different sprites, when I finish that I will put it up with the overworld map. BTW if anyone can draw a sprite for grass, I want more than one and we currently have one and I can't draw any good grass sprites.
Sage Orator

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Sep 2006 09:24:30 pm    Post subject:

The extra time has been no problem, gave me time to catch up on homework and some other projects.

I like the countdown idea, but have it so they need to go to a certain place after the end of the countdown to start the event. So they don't get interrupted in the middle of a side quest or training or something. We could also do that but instead of the timer have it happen the next time that you go to the place you that need to.

I don't have any problem with you working on some of the weapons. I'll take a look at them.
skier

Posted: 18 Sep 2006 09:25:15 pm    Post subject:

Sure ill try to make it, my time is semi limited but ill do my best.

Do you have any idea what the person shooting the arrow should look like? I have read most of the posts in this thread but, i dont remember if there are dirrerent clases or anything. Like should it have armor or just look like your standard archer?

Last edited by Guest on 18 Sep 2006 09:28:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sage Orator

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Sep 2006 09:32:00 pm    Post subject:

Gah! Those pwn mine. I kept mine a lot simpler. I like the sword and flail in the first row, the circled helmet in the second row, and everything circled in the third row. Sheilds are sorta suspect though, I'll try to make some tonight. We'll see what I come up with. I was sorta shown up. :blush: :D

BTW what size are those?

Last edited by Guest on 18 Sep 2006 09:32:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 19 Sep 2006 08:23:05 pm    Post subject:

@ sage orator: They are 16*16. I didn't like any of the shields either. It seems like they are lacking a cool design.

@ skier: if you were to put a picture of a person in it he would be just a plain old ordinary archer.
Also if you could make it so that just by changing the sprite you could make it a deer to shoot at we could have a side quest where a butcher wants you to get him some more meat.

Events occuring after time and also when you walk into a certain place sounds like a good idea. But I was thinking every long time have a battle at some castle where raiders are attacking, and that would occur the next time you went to the main map to move between locations. Then if the raiders are attacking some other person's castle you can choose to help defend and in turn up your favor with the person you defended or you can not aide and become more disliked. Of course if the raiders attacked your castle you would have to defend and if you lost the battle would lose some gold and maybe even items.
Sage Orator

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Sep 2006 10:05:50 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I tried creating a roman shield but it would have to be 20*11. It was a rather good one too. There was another one that I made that was 17*16. I did finally get some made though and they look fairly good, nothing great though. I'll show them later.

I perfectly agree with that. It sounds like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, where you have to protect your "turf" instead of a castle. It really adds time to the game, so I really like the idea.

Last edited by Guest on 19 Sep 2006 10:06:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 21 Sep 2006 08:48:31 pm    Post subject:

I think I actually played that game for about 10 minutes and it is where I thought of the idea for the battle system from. I am working on the menu system and finishing the overworld map and coding that out. I will try to finish by next week and upload it, but no promises I have a CC meet on saturday and a 4 page paper due so I don't know if I'll have all the time.
Sage Orator

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Sep 2006 09:06:07 pm    Post subject:

I thought so. There's no pressure, you're already doing a lot more than the rest of us.

Ill try to get those sheilds up on here. I should have the time tomorrow night.

Last edited by Guest on 21 Sep 2006 09:10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement