This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
axhelms4005

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 12:08:14 pm    Post subject:

Hey, i have a quick question. Can you make an online form in frontpage, and then let the users who visit the website fill it out, and then have the form sent to a specified email or server?
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 12:38:24 pm    Post subject:

very easily if you have support for any sort of server side scripting ( perl, ruby on rails, php, python, etc)
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 04:35:11 pm    Post subject:

Java != JavaScript.

Frontpage == crap.

I don't know the exact specifications myself, but I think there's a form object and you can submit the filled out form with JavaScript to your server-side processing. Someone else (Weregoose?, elfprince?) can help with the specifics. but Frontpage code gives them nightmares.
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 04:38:16 pm    Post subject:

I swear .. I check the forums so many times a day for new posts, especially this forum, and somehow people always seem to beat me to it.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 04:58:35 pm    Post subject:

alexrudd wrote:
I don't know the exact specifications myself, but I think there's a form object and you can submit the filled out form with JavaScript to your server-side processing.
No need for javascript at all, just put the script in the action of the form field.

<form action="submit.php" ...

Or whatever.

Then the script can construct an e-mail to send based on the information recieved through HTTP POST or GET data containing the form.

The script itself would differ immensly per application, scripting language, and server setup (e-mail services in particular).

To sent the form to another server, just use it's URL instead of a local reference in the action parameter.

<form action="http://anotherserver.com/submit.php" ...

Last edited by Guest on 28 Aug 2006 04:59:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 05:26:55 pm    Post subject:

I suggest you read the w3cschools tutorial, because its fairly basic html, but people always manage to murder it....please never let me see <form method="post" action="mailto:email@email.com">

use something like this:

<form method="post" action="mailerscript.php">

and mailerscript.php would look like this:

<?php

echo(mail("email@email.com","test subject","test message"))

?>

Last edited by Guest on 28 Aug 2006 06:17:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 05:36:39 pm    Post subject:

He means

<form action="mailerscript.php" method="post">
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 06:16:33 pm    Post subject:

Arcane Wizard wrote:
He means

<form action="mailerscript.php" method="post">
[post="87273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

yes, I do...... :blush: ....speaking of people always managing to murder it...

Last edited by Guest on 28 Aug 2006 06:17:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement