This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Aug 2007 02:55:15 am    Post subject:

pugboy wrote:
This is a great game, but I still have no clue why it gives me an invalid dim error...
The sum on the 2:Goto line exceeds [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]999, which is the upper bound for the dimension of a list.

Last edited by Guest on 14 Aug 2007 02:56:00 am; edited 1 time in total
pugboy

Posted: 14 Aug 2007 07:28:17 pm    Post subject:

Wonder why that is...
lolje

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 05:32:57 am    Post subject:

@pugboy:
1. As you can see on the 'odd background': The game was not correctly load;
Normally it should store the tileset to Pic0, but now it's still the temporary Pic of the main menu.
2. The code line the error points at is adding the number of all human- and AI-soldiers. When those are all =0, the list is not correctly load as well...

Are you sure you executed the launcher 'prgmAOC2'? If you did so, it's probably a MOS/xLIB problem (I will check AOCII about it...)

Progress News

I just fixed the bug with the key detection problem after wars
(You couldn't move because after the war the program always returns to the point the battle mode was executed - that could be on the map as well as in some buildings.
The problem here is that when the program returns to a building, it won't display the menu, so you seem to be on the map again, but without a cursor ('WTF, I can't move!')

Now the battle mode is always executed from the launcher prgmAOC2,
so that bug is fixed as well
(Also a part of the RAM-optimizations)

Bug fixing progress:
- Problem with memory-errors:
Fixed by adding a memory-check at the beginning of the program

- 'Ghost bug':
Fixed

- Invalid dim - errors in battle-mode:
Started to check it, maybe I'll have to recode the whole system

lolje

Last edited by Guest on 15 Aug 2007 05:36:44 am; edited 1 time in total
pugboy

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 01:17:16 pm    Post subject:

That odd bg was just on the emulator, it works fine on my calculator. I also tried it with another soldier (instead of just calvery). It still gave me that invalid dim error... I did execute AOC2, and I think it might be a problem with having Omnicalc, CalcUtil, xLib, and MOS on my claculator at the same time (Omnicalc is not installed though).
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 02:24:19 pm    Post subject:

lolje wrote:
2. The code line the error points at is adding the number of all human- and AI-soldiers. When those are all =0, the list is not correctly load as well...
No, that's a valid dimension for a list—if the sum is zero, then the line doesn't give an error. The fact that the trouble is with that line rather than one which references the list further down suggests that there are too many soldiers when the line gets executed. Try to figure out a different method to store them all, as a potential 9003 bytes to serve that purpose is a little too much if you ask me.

pugboy wrote:
I think it might be a problem with having Omnicalc, CalcUtil, xLib, and MOS on my claculator at the same time (Omnicalc is not installed though).
Doubtful.

Last edited by Guest on 15 Aug 2007 02:25:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
pugboy

Posted: 16 Aug 2007 06:31:52 pm    Post subject:

I don't know... They have been giving me tons of problems recently... They don't want to be installed at the same time! Is there any way to install Omnicalc and xLib at the same time?
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Aug 2007 07:07:48 pm    Post subject:

Not so far as I know. They both use the same method of executing the hybrid commands, the real( thing, so in theory they also both use the parser hook...Not good for the OS, IMO.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 17 Aug 2007 02:10:30 pm    Post subject:

Well, there is no way to install both at the same time, but if you don't need the parser hook from Omnicalc (only some handy features like the lowercase and RAM recovery), then you can easily install xLib over Omnicalc by installing Omnicalc first and then installing xLib. Oh, and you need to re-install xLib after every time you visit the Omnicalc main page.

Also, I think I have the solution for the problem with the invalid dimension. I have experienced the same problem with emulators as pugboy: they either could not ungroup the file or could not read from the picture (as the picture is not Pic0-9). The weird background, I am assuming, is the cause of the later problem. Now, if AOC2 were trying to read off of the graphscreen, that might cause some problems if the calculator cannot display the picture and therefore output the sprites. To test my theory, lolje, just try changing the picture variable to Pic0-9 (Maybe Pic9 is all right), changing the programs to comply with the new picture, and then running it. Also, changing the picture variable will optimize your programs, as you will only have to use one digit when outputting all or part of the picture, not two digits.
lolje

Posted: 28 Sep 2007 03:23:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The weird background, I am assuming, is the cause of the later problem

Nope, It's because NORMALLY the tileset would be copied from Pic100 into Pic0 - that didn't happen in that case because the emulator wasn't able to read any data from Pic100. Since Pic0is also used in the Main menu, the graphics will consist of 8*8 tiles from the main-menu, not from Pic100.

BTW: I didn't have any problem with AOCII on Pindur-TI
(Some month ago I tested an older version with it, but it should also work with the later ones...)
I recommend you use PindurTI to play AOCII on your Computer...

Addition
I'm currently having kinda Hardcore-Programming-Weekend. Yesterday I honestly spent more than 8 hours on AOCII (!!) Now the user can choose one of two different maps and one out of 5 different difficulties.

I'm planning to add at least one map until the next update. Secondly, I'll have to reorder the subroutines to reach the minimum of required RAM.

All in all I still need about 6 days to finish/upload the next update.

New Screenshots will be added as soon as possible
(one of those annoying Vista [zu Deutsch: Kackvista] Compatibility problems...)

Addition 2

I'm really sorry but I will need even some time because I need to rewrite the AI-Part of the Battle-Mode in order to make it running faster and better;

If I would have given you the current Version, you wouldn't have been able to see everything the AI does with its units in the battle mode because the camera setting is (in older versions) fixed for every AI-turn.

In the upcoming version the camera will be always fixed on the unit the enemy currently uses.

I'll probably need ~3 days to rewrite the AI-part.
Thank you for understanding...
rcfreak0

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 03:59:10 pm    Post subject:

Cool, your making progress! I can't wait till it's done, ive already beaten V.08 numerous times...Hope all goes well. Good luck!
lolje

Posted: 03 Oct 2007 12:45:51 pm    Post subject:

Version update!!!

I'm very proud to present you version 0.85!

(The Download is attached in the 1st Post!)

Most important Changes

- Completely rewritten AI (enemy player)

- An option to choose between 2 different Maps

- 5 Difficulties
(Very easy, easy, normal, hard, very hard)

- Some very important Bug-fixes
(Fixed the ghost bug as well as some bugs in the battle-mode, eliminated
Memory-errors)

- Less RAM required

Last edited by Guest on 12 Oct 2007 01:35:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Oct 2007 02:46:58 pm    Post subject:

Awesome lolje! I can't wait to try this, I loved the original and I'm sure this will be even better.
pugboy

Posted: 03 Oct 2007 04:24:48 pm    Post subject:

Cool! Right now, this is the only basic game on my calculator!

EDIT: Umm.... It just crashes after the fade when you select new game... (No RAM clears, it just stops working.)

Last edited by Guest on 03 Oct 2007 04:46:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
lolje

Posted: 12 Oct 2007 01:41:25 pm    Post subject:

Well, I tested it on my Ti 84+ after resetting it and what I found out was that as long as you don't use emulators or Omnicalc it should work...

(If it doesn't seam to work with your calculator anyways I recommend you make a backup and afterwards reset it...)
Agent84

Posted: 30 Mar 2008 09:35:28 am    Post subject:

any updates on this game?
It looks amazing! I loved the first one! Very Happy
lolje

Posted: 26 Apr 2008 05:08:26 am    Post subject:

Sorry, no progress since Oct 3 2007, I'm currently coding on my Voyage 200.
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 26 Apr 2008 09:07:10 am    Post subject:

I got a moment of relief though, I was getting worried something bad happened to you or something as you weren't on ICQ since Jan 19th 08. Glad you're still around and alive

Btw is the Voyage 200 version similar to the 83+ version?
ZagorNBK

Posted: 04 Aug 2008 01:57:25 pm    Post subject:

This project is great!!!!Keep it up!

Last edited by Guest on 03 Nov 2008 10:52:17 am; edited 1 time in total
lolje

Posted: 03 Sep 2008 08:36:53 am    Post subject:

Sorry for replying so late...

Quote:
Btw is the Voyage 200 version similar to the 83+ version?

yes, it is
lolje

Posted: 07 Nov 2008 04:51:05 pm    Post subject:

hiya, guys!

I am currently trying to get back into the project, as well as into AOC V200, where the installation-routine is already fully working.

If I find some free time between all these 8-hour-lessons on monday, tuesday, wednesday (computer science ^^) and thursday
friday is just 6 lessons (sometimes i'm quite lucky having just 5 or uber-luck with only 4 lessons)
Additionally I got two 90-minutes tutoring-lessons each week as well as dancing-lessons and in the future (maybe) some piano lessons...

-> much work, less time.

So maybe in the future there might be some minor updates regarding Age of Culture.

lolje

Last edited by Guest on 13 Mar 2009 05:43:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement