This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Mar 2007 08:43:40 am    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
New poll. Please decide and vote accordingly.
[post="99358"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

thanks Smile

DarkerLine wrote:
Level editors would make it much easier for you to write the levels as well.
[post="99368"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

levels aren't a problem

luby wrote:
I said monsters and areas, mainly because making items would be abused to make uber weapons and kill everything.
[post="99376"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

weapons aren't the only items, and I would make sure that weapons can't be to powerfull.

Delnar_Ersike wrote:
I voted "something else..." because I think the level editor should allow these things:

I knew I forgot about a few things Very Happy

Quote:
-The creation of new areas
-The creation of new monsters
-The creation of new items, though limited by a "point" system ie a weapon cannot have a huge damage output and a high chance to hit without a nearly-impossible level requirement
-The creation of new spells, though each feature added to the spell increases mana cost and level requirement (believe me, you won't know how popular this might be)
-The creation of new NPC's
-The creation of new quests (will be hard to put in, but worth it)

thanks for the idea's

Quote:
Long list, might be impossible with pure BASIC, but everybody knows BASIC can work miracles Laughing .
[post="99447"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't think it is possible in basic, but I will be using celtic from Iambian for this

DarkerLine wrote:
I believe that anything you can in theory make customizable, you should because it will, in addition to making it easy to tweak around the game, force your game to "soft-code" all the data - that is, to use some sort of data structure for the enemies/weapons/spells, rather than putting the data in the code.
(That might be the way you're doing it already, I haven't looked at the code - if so, congratulations)
[post="99449"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't know if I will make everything customizable, because some things are already programmed in and will take a lot of modding to make it customizable.
and how will soft code all the data be a plus

things I am thinking of including in the level editor:

area's
npc's
animated ascii cutscenes
monsters
bosses
spells
items to be used in the item combo system (don't confuse this with healing items, there is a (small) difference)
item combinations
weapons
armours
misc items (keys, map, spell book, ...)

this is the current list (unless I forgot something). if anybody has something to add, then please post it.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Mar 2007 02:53:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement