This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Noob88

Posted: 08 Jan 2007 11:10:02 am    Post subject:

Yes, that's what I was assuming also...

Hey vuurrobin, is the puzzle that stretches across 3 rooms impossible? I think I've exhausted every possibility and came to the same place at the beginning.
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Jan 2007 05:06:47 pm    Post subject:

no it is not impossible, but maybe it is a bit vaque.
[hint]it has something to do with the switch[/hint]

edit: there is a bug in it, its possible to solve it if you do it correct the first time, if not, then it becomes impossible. I have fixed this. replace VRDH with this program or download it again in my last post.

edit : I removed the bug fix program because I also fixed it in the third demo and I notised that people were downloading this file but not the demo itself (and this program doesn't work without the demo Wink )

you can find the third demo here

Last edited by Guest on 23 Feb 2007 09:04:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Noob88

Posted: 09 Jan 2007 11:16:10 am    Post subject:

Isn't there supposed to be a "o" near the switch? Or is that the bug that you fixed?
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Jan 2007 05:08:21 pm    Post subject:

no you don't need an "o" for this one.
Noob88

Posted: 11 Jan 2007 02:01:11 pm    Post subject:

Ok I finished your second demo, nice job I must say Very Happy

You should model this somewhat like zelda... Where there are different areas to be in. This is a nice puzzle game, but it isn't much of an RPG because there is one defined path, you just have to get to the next room. There should be different areas... Woods, castle, town, etc. stuff like that.

If there's anything you could use assistance with, PM me and let me know, I'd be glad to help you out.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jan 2007 03:47:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Jan 2007 08:21:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ok I finished your second demo, nice job I must say

thanks Smile

Quote:
You should model this somewhat like zelda... Where there are different areas to be in. This is a nice puzzle game, but it isn't much of an RPG because there is one defined path, you just have to get to the next room. There should be different areas... Woods, castle, town, etc. stuff like that.

dont worry, I made the teck demo to test the puzzles and to see what you think of them. I will make different areas later on.

I have a problem with displaying the sprite of the monsters. I have the x and y coordinates of the black pixels stored in a list. it displays pretty fast but it takes a lot of memory. I have also looked at hex to sprite from ti freak8x but it displays the sprite slow on the ti 83+BE. I could also use an asm program to do it. any comments?

I'm sorry that I don't post fast/often. I usaly check the forum with de wii browser so I do read everything but posting with the wii browser takes a long time so I usaly don't post untill I get on a computer, but sometimes that takes a while.

I also lost my calc to calc cable and without it, I can't use my calc to com cable so I can't show you how battles will be displayed or my crappy monster sprites.
Noob88

Posted: 06 Feb 2007 04:56:37 pm    Post subject:

I think however you can do it the fastest would be the best situation.

Can't wait to see the actual game come together :biggrin:
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Feb 2007 06:28:47 pm    Post subject:

the fastest way is to use a list containing the x and y positions of the pixels that need to be turned on. but while it is fast, it takes way to much memory (above 1kb in a program and even more in a list (thanks to the floating point :hmpf: ))

I've made my own hex to sprite program (I was bored and I wanted to know if I could made it (don't worry ti freak8x, you will still be credited)) and it is not that slow and it is pretty memory efficient so I think I will be using that. but I am open to suggestions.

Last edited by Guest on 07 Feb 2007 10:55:37 am; edited 1 time in total
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Feb 2007 03:16:50 pm    Post subject:

how do you create a poll in an existing topic? I thought it was by editing the last post, but I can't seem to find it.

what should happen when you lose a battle. should you start from the last time you saved, lose half your money and stay where you are, go to a place (like the last town you visited) or something else.

I currently have 33 magic spells
12 that do damage/cause an effect (like poison)/attacks opponents mp
11 that chances the stats of you or your opponent (like attack)
6 that cures hp/ heals an effect (like poison)
4 misc spells
do you think thats enough?
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Feb 2007 04:40:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure if you can do it, so I did it for you. If it's there, click [ADD POLL] at the top right of the topic.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 13 Feb 2007 06:34:44 pm    Post subject:

12 damage spells is a lot! I recommend either making them very unique damage spells or making some spells fall into two or more of the categories.
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Feb 2007 05:21:34 pm    Post subject:

alexrudd wrote:
I'm not sure if you can do it, so I did it for you.  If it's there, click [ADD POLL] at the top right of the topic.
[post="97162"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

thanks
I don't see anywhere a add/delete poll (or a way to chance the title, if I ever want to) so I don't think I can edit topics.

Delnar_Ersike wrote:
12 damage spells is a lot! I recommend either making them very unique damage spells or making some spells fall into two or more of the categories.
[post="97179"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

they don't all do damage, some attack the mp or gives the opponent an effect. so I don't think it's to much. if it is, then I'll put in a few less spells.
Noob88

Posted: 09 Mar 2007 11:11:40 am    Post subject:

Hey, how's progress going? Any update coming soon?
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Mar 2007 11:55:06 am    Post subject:

well I am still looking for a good sprite displaying routine. I am now looking if I can use a compressed list, but somehow it doesn't diplay it good. but I'm getting close, I think (and hope).
I am also working on the battle engine, which is coming togetter slowly.

I am also thinking up a story to use + things like subquest.

so dont worry, it isn't dead, just a bit slow.

I also need to get a calc to calc linkkabel, but I don't know where to get it or how to build one. and without it, I can't up or download things from and to my calc.
does anyone has any tips or something.

thanks for the interest. :)

edit:
the sprite displaying routine works good and is fast enough and the list arent to big (below 1 kb) and I will also probably get a linkkabel within a week or 2 Smile

Last edited by Guest on 12 Mar 2007 11:50:02 am; edited 1 time in total
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Mar 2007 02:58:37 pm    Post subject:

an update, just so you know this isn't dead. and I need input

the poll is currently in a tie between "start from the last time you saved" and "go to a place (like the last town you visited)". personaly, I like go to a place because starting from the last time you saved can be really anoying if you just beaten a diffecult boss or puzzle. and I can use the same coordinates from warp for go to a place. so I will go with that.

I am still working on the battle system, which is coming togetter slowly.

I have ordered a linkkabel, so hopefully I can give you some screens soon Smile

I was thinking of making a level editor for this. with celtic from Iambian I think it would be possible for monsters and area's. I also think it is possible for items, but I don't know if I will include that. so I want to know from you guys, should I try to include a level editor or not.

can a mod please close the current poll and create a new poll.
the title: should I include a level editor?
the options:
no, nobuddy would use it.
yes, but only for monsters
yes, for monsters and area's
yes, for monsters, area's and items
something else (specefy in post)

I think that would be enough options
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Mar 2007 04:14:45 pm    Post subject:

New poll. Please decide and vote accordingly.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Mar 2007 05:00:15 pm    Post subject:

Level editors would make it much easier for you to write the levels as well.
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 23 Mar 2007 06:22:03 pm    Post subject:

I said monsters and areas, mainly because making items would be abused to make uber weapons and kill everything.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 25 Mar 2007 11:52:11 am    Post subject:

I voted "something else..." because I think the level editor should allow these things:
-The creation of new areas
-The creation of new monsters
-The creation of new items, though limited by a "point" system ie a weapon cannot have a huge damage output and a high chance to hit without a nearly-impossible level requirement
-The creation of new spells, though each feature added to the spell increases mana cost and level requirement (believe me, you won't know how popular this might be)
-The creation of new NPC's
-The creation of new quests (will be hard to put in, but worth it)

Long list, might be impossible with pure BASIC, but everybody knows BASIC can work miracles Laughing .
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Mar 2007 12:03:51 pm    Post subject:

I believe that anything you can in theory make customizable, you should because it will, in addition to making it easy to tweak around the game, force your game to "soft-code" all the data - that is, to use some sort of data structure for the enemies/weapons/spells, rather than putting the data in the code.
(That might be the way you're doing it already, I haven't looked at the code - if so, congratulations)
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement