This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 07:16:37 pm    Post subject:

Ok, so I'm actually creating a TI-BASIC version of Grand Theft Auto 1 (1 because graphics will be the same: lame! Sad ) but at least, I will not use homescreen and no libs Neutral !! (I hope graphics won't be that lame...) The difference with Drug Wars is that: It will be ALL real-time action, no menus (or at least not alot)

I've already created:

-character movement (no crappy grids Very Happy )
-Map uncompression and drawing
-4 way (up, down, left and right sprites) car movement with speed and brakes

Will come:

-Story
-people on the streets+ vehicles
-Menus for Saving/Loading

Time predicted: June next year or earlier

Last edited by Guest on 07 Aug 2006 07:25:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cure

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 07:26:35 pm    Post subject:

Sounds awsome Very Happy Do you have to stick to the story, or is there going to be sandbox game play? Is it going to be in New York, and if so, is it going to feature the whole state/city, or just maps depending on where you are in the story?
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 07:30:14 pm    Post subject:

Heuw! I really don't stick at all with the story!! The only things that are similar between the 1 and not the other GTA's is the poor Graphics (96*64 B&W...) but for what remains, I will try to add all what comes in my head. There will be 3 gangs, possibly (I hope) more than 20 screens of maps + many screens of interior. The maps will only be what I think they will be... No fancy little clone of GTA 1-4, just a different version, That's why GTA 83+
Sage Orator

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 08:05:52 pm    Post subject:

Sounds good, though I never liked the games. There was always a severe lack of reason for me to buy them. I hope yours is different, gonna finish that snake game? Razz, good luck.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement