This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 27 Aug 2006 11:29:00 am    Post subject:

Your sprites are coming along nicely Cure777, im very impressed Smile.

As far as xLIB goes, if you ever need help there are plenty of people willing to offer it. Or you could even email the author Smile.

Either way this project has gained a bit of interest, and im sure it will be fantastic Smile.
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 05:41:26 pm    Post subject:

lolje wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Btw in pure basic you'll have no chance to get it fast, scrolling and with good graphics! If you don't want to learn the (very tiny) xLIB-stuff ask someone...

that is a blatant lie. and if somebody decides they want to do it in pure Basic then make sure you respect that. its a decision to learn by working within the limits of the language. sort of like writing a sonnet. sure you can make a great poem freestyle, but by constraining yourself to the sonnet form you force yourself to work harder and it can still come out beautiful.

Oh, sorry; I forgot about your pure Basic tilemapping project Cool
Actually my point was, that I personally don't know any way to get a Basic-Game fast, scrolling AND with good graphics as well without using xLIB...
[post="87196"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Without Xlib: Use Codex

Without libs: I hope you the best of lucks! Depends on 1 thing (I think): smooth-moving or Tile-moving...

Last edited by Guest on 28 Aug 2006 05:42:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 05:45:06 pm    Post subject:

Just do whatever you want regarding the libs. You know what the advantages and disadvantages of each are, so don't listen to us making the decision for you.

Oh, and to the rest of you, please don't start up the Pure vs. xLib war again.
Cure

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 06:51:16 pm    Post subject:

IAmACalculator wrote:
Just do whatever you want regarding the libs. You know what the advantages and disadvantages of each are, so don't listen to us making the decision for you.

Oh, and to the rest of you, please don't start up the Pure vs. xLib war again.
[post="87276"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I made up my mind a long time ago. Very Happy I'm using xlib. I do wish I had the power to delete the posts in this topic though about "xlib vs. pure basic".

I will ask all of you (not including xlibman and iamacalculator) to delete your posts about the debate. This topic is not for that.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement