This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 06 Aug 2006 03:26:44 pm    Post subject:

I started programming python a couple months ago and I've been trying to learn C or C++. I cant find any free C compilers, and the only free C++ ones I've found are stupid IDE ones with the colored text. Does anybody know of any other free compilers?
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Aug 2006 03:33:36 pm    Post subject:

I'll say it before anyone else does:

http://gcc.gnu.org
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 06 Aug 2006 05:56:15 pm    Post subject:

There is also Bloodshed's Dev-C++ (and no, there aren't any wars or mean things in it!), which only works with C and C++, but is able to do Win 32 API stuff and .dll files and so on.

www.bloodshed.net
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 02:28:15 am    Post subject:

Quote:
and the only free C++ ones I've found are stupid IDE ones with the colored text

You get what you pay for ...

I think you can get Eclipse compiling/running C/C++ stuff, but I haven't gotten it working. Eclipse is a really nice visual IDE.

Other than that ...... google.
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 07:59:26 am    Post subject:

Depends what is coloured, if all the functions are coloured and all is weird, this is stupid, but when the only things that are coloured are: Texts, Includes, Numeric values and comments, it could become very useful

(In Bloodshed Dev C++)
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 09:23:47 am    Post subject:

You could of course disable the coloured highlighting or customize it in detail to suit your needs.
Tiberious726

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Aug 2006 04:06:23 pm    Post subject:

Fallen Ghost wrote:
There is also Bloodshed's Dev-C++ (and no, there aren't any wars or mean things in it!), which only works with C and C++, but is able to do Win 32 API stuff and .dll files and so on.

www.bloodshed.net
[post="85762"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

which uses the gcc compiler; it is a fairly descent IDE for windows; i prefer emacs and gcc in linux hoever;

and yes you can disable dev-C++'s coloring
The Dragon Master

Posted: 18 Aug 2006 10:35:56 am    Post subject:

Dev C++ is my favorite. I won't use anything else.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement