This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
ZeWaren

Posted: 04 Aug 2006 05:59:08 pm    Post subject:

Hi, I'm sorry if my English looks bad sometimes, but it is not my native language.
Anyway, I just want to introduce you my new ti website, which is actually a file converter.
This is the link to the site:
http://ti.zewaren.net
I'm still adding some content to it, but since I finished the converters for the 82, 83(+) and 84, I thought it could be good to introduce it so as people can help me to find the bugs and problems it may still include.
Well, thank you for telling me what you think about it.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Aug 2006 06:06:22 pm    Post subject:

Goodness, this is comprehensive. It looks to be almost putting TI-Connect to shame.

How long have you been working on this?
Demon

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Aug 2006 06:21:50 pm    Post subject:

It would be really cool if someone could do something like this that can be used to conert BASIC programs to ASM programs and vise-versa.
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 04 Aug 2006 06:25:03 pm    Post subject:

For ASM <-> BASIC conversion, we would need the EXACT same code TI uses for Basic compilation, then when it's in asm, we could just optimize it! And pouf, voilĂ !
ZeWaren

Posted: 04 Aug 2006 06:27:11 pm    Post subject:

Well, I didn't know SourceCoder before.
I started this project about a month ago, and I'm still working on the ti-89 series. My problem is now to write a tokeniser for these calcs, and it takes quite a lot of my time. I'm also working on a light software version, for people who don't want to install a lot of stuff on their computer.
I was also working on a quick-convert function, like the one in source coder, so as you can open any file with a single click.
I hope all this can be useful to a lot of people.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Aug 2006 06:52:54 pm    Post subject:

Hey, it looks like you did a pretty good job (although I haven't tried it yet). If it works as I think it will, this could be very useful to an idea I've been tossing around.

Quote:
Hi, I'm sorry if my English looks bad sometimes, but it is not my native language.
If you hadn't told me, I would never have guessed, Your English is far better than my French.
ZeWaren

Posted: 04 Aug 2006 06:57:56 pm    Post subject:

Well,
If anyone knows about a format not listed on the site, I'd be glad to add it.
I hope the current version does not include too much bugs. If you see something strange, please report it to me, so as I can correct it.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 04 Aug 2006 07:39:04 pm    Post subject:

What about the TI-85, and Ti-86? I know there are still a few among us that use those.

--AlienCC
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Aug 2006 08:03:26 pm    Post subject:

wow....no offense to Kerm, but that owns Sourcecoder.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Aug 2006 09:43:06 pm    Post subject:

Hey guys. As a matter of fact, since Brazucs left, I've slacked off SourceCoder a bit due to personal life stuff, a trillion other projects, and various issues. I think now that I've seen this, I'm going to pick up and finish off SourceCoder 2.0. Interesting site; you look like you've put a fair bit of work into it.

And elfprince, before you decide that it "owns" Sourcecoder, may I suggest:
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1495
Rhynomite

Posted: 04 Aug 2006 10:12:35 pm    Post subject:

ZeWaren wrote:
[post="85567"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

For the 83+ series, there's the .8xk flash application.

Edit:
And two more suggestions:
1) During file conversion, change "Calculator type: TI-83/TI-84 Family" to "83+/84+ Family" to help newbs avoid confusion
2) When the user opens the file they want to convert, rather than displaying all files, just show the ones that you can actually open. Otherwise, the page takes forever to load and when it does it just goes back the same page.
Although those are merely finishing touches.

Great job! I've only tried the image converter, and it looks like it works a lot better than the TI connect one.

Last edited by Guest on 04 Aug 2006 10:35:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Aug 2006 10:27:33 pm    Post subject:

Rhynomite wrote:
ZeWaren wrote:
[post="85567"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

For the 83+ series, there's the .8xk flash application.
[post="85617"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's ASM though, not basic. Smile
Rhynomite

Posted: 04 Aug 2006 10:43:37 pm    Post subject:

Very true...
If it had a basic optimizer and an asm editor, it would be exceedingly useful.
Sage Orator

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Aug 2006 10:47:02 pm    Post subject:

I don't think it is any better than Sourcoder, which was an essential tool for me in learning Basic. but merely goes in a different direction. There are quite a few things that Sourcecoder does better than Zewaren's site currently.Though I do hope this motivates you, Kerm Martian, to make more stuff for sourcecoder which I would love to see. Also, Sourcecoder has been well established, IMO, as one of the best tools for programming. We'll see how this all pans out and how well Zewaren's site tests.

Sorry if it looks like I am, or we are, tearing you apart. I'll try to help. You seem to have a lot of problems with things like the STO symbol, the small list L, theta, etc. Also, long lists are not completly visible on the screen, they run off. When trying to save the text to program as a program, it just didn't work. It told me, "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home.10.2/zewaren/www/ti/getencodedprogramfile.php on line 371."
Demon

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Aug 2006 12:04:51 am    Post subject:

Speaking of flash apps, you could make an online Basicbuilder type thing so you can package your BASIC program and its libraries as an app without having to have extra stuff on your PC (or if you have Linux).
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 05 Aug 2006 06:28:00 am    Post subject:

pyro_xp2k wrote:
Speaking of flash apps, you could make an online Basicbuilder type thing so you can package your BASIC program and its libraries as an app without having to have extra stuff on your PC (or if you have Linux).
[post="85630"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I hsve been working on this for SourceCoder with elfprince13, who made the Mac port of BASICbuilder. We just need permission from the original author of BASICBuilder to continue. Sage, thanks, I noticed you refreshing your memory of SC2 yesterday Smile I too hope this helps me to complete SourceCoder2.
ZeWaren

Posted: 05 Aug 2006 07:31:32 am    Post subject:

Sage Orator wrote:
Sorry if it looks like I am, or we are, tearing you apart. I'll try to help. You seem to have a lot of problems with things like the STO symbol, the small list L, theta, etc. Also, long lists are not completly visible on the screen, they run off. When trying to save the text to program as a program, it just didn't work. It told me, "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home.10.2/zewaren/www/ti/getencodedprogramfile.php on line 371."
[post="85621"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, I know that my 82/83(+) tokeniser isn't perfect yet. I still have to speed it up and to correct some problems in it.
AlienCC wrote:
What about the TI-85, and Ti-86? I know there are still a few among us that use those.

In France there are only a few of these calcs. I've never seen one. But I guess the files aren't that different from the 84+ ones. I may add them to my collections.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 05 Aug 2006 12:14:41 pm    Post subject:

ZeWaren wrote:
In France there are only a few of these calcs. I've never seen one. But I guess the files aren't that different from the 84+ ones. I may add them to my collections.
[post="85644"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I would guess they are a lot more different then you think. A quick look at calculator history shows the Ti-85 was the first graphing model to come with a link port, it was also more advanced in many ways then the Ti-82 family which came later. I'm not even going to get into how they screwed up the superior display methods... The point is the Ti-82 was a dumbed down version, the Ti-83(x), and Ti-84(x) calcs are all building up from the base Ti-82 design.

Perhaps I'm wrong and it's not as different as I think, but you'd do well to research that a little before just assuming.

--AlienCC
Sage Orator

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Aug 2006 12:35:45 pm    Post subject:

I have an old manual for 85 and 86 on my computer somewhere... The tokens are pretty different but not as much as you might think. Most of it, from what I can see, is how it is accessed. I don't own one though so I may be wrong.

Maybe there should be a table of what functions all the calcs have, that is if there isn't already one.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 05 Aug 2006 01:05:16 pm    Post subject:

The commands are named differently; instead of If A=1 as would be on the 83+, it is If A==1 on the 85/86. You are not limited to A-theta for variables, they can have 5 digit names or something like that. The prgm token doesn't exist, since you just type out the name of the program you want executed. The list goes on...

There are tons of differences...
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement