This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
chesshaha

Posted: 16 Jul 2006 09:00:36 pm    Post subject:

Hi, I got a new laptop yesterday.

So I put on some of my fps games, and when I play it, sometimes the key sticks, (not the actual key sticks. the key is not pressed, and the key is working by itself, and that's annoying.) :(

It does not stick every time I press a key, but in some games, that happens very 5-10 seconds, ramdonly.

To fix that everytime, I have to pause the game, and hit windows key to go back to the desktop, and return to the game, the problem is gone, but after awhile, it does that again.

I just brought this laptop, it's a brand new one, and never connected to the internet, those games don't do that on my pc, so it's not a virus, and it's not hardware problem, so must be a software problem, have to do with the setting and stuff or something i think.

Please help, thanks!
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 17 Jul 2006 08:53:04 am    Post subject:

Is Stickykeys enabled?
chesshaha

Posted: 17 Jul 2006 11:58:21 am    Post subject:

no, it's not enable.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Jul 2006 03:11:57 pm    Post subject:

With what keys does it happen?
koolmansam375

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Jul 2006 03:20:56 pm    Post subject:

A few questions:

What game(s) does this happen on?
Is it/are they patched to the most recent version?

Are your compys drivers all updated?
What are the computers specs?
chesshaha

Posted: 17 Jul 2006 05:27:56 pm    Post subject:

leofox wrote:
With what keys does it happen?
[post="84185"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

wasd, the fps games for movement. One at the time. sometimes space.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Jul 2006 05:30:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
chesshaha

Posted: 17 Jul 2006 05:32:48 pm    Post subject:

koolmansam375 wrote:
A few questions:

[post="84186"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

All fps and emulator
all patched to latest version
all latest drivers
HP Pavilion dv8330us Entertainment Notebook PC
koolmansam375

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Jul 2006 05:36:33 pm    Post subject:

chesshaha wrote:
koolmansam375 wrote:
A few questions:

[post="84186"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

All fps and emulator

Such as...................?
Quote:
HP Pavilion dv8330us Entertainment Notebook PC

I meant what cpu/speed, how much ram, what graphics card, etc.
chesshaha

Posted: 17 Jul 2006 05:55:27 pm    Post subject:

halo, wolfenstein:et, cod, pj64 emulator games.

Intel Core Duo t2250 1.73ghz, 1gb ddr2 ram, nVidia GeForce Go 7600 256mb ddr dedicated, windows xp media edition.
sobaixu

Posted: 08 Jan 2008 01:47:12 pm    Post subject:

Since about this time last year I started experiencing this very same horrible random lagging in games. ANY games, and i have a freakin P4!.. I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of, turned down repeat and typing speed, completely disabled sticky keys in windows, updated to most recent drivers (i finally caved and bought driver detective), and it STILL happens! :(

System Specs:

2 Maxtor Hard Drives; 60gb (cSmile and 120gb (eSmile.
Intel P4 2.4 ghz processor,
1gig ram (with 4000mb virtual memory allocated to each hard drive (c: and eSmile.
nvidia 6600 GPU,
Creative SB Audigy sound card,
Asus P4P800SE mobo,
Logitech Internet Navigator keyboard,
Logitech Click! Optical Mouse,

Basically, when playing any game it is as if something is reading or writing to the hard drive every 5 - 10 seconds, and when this happens, whatever mouse buttons i am clicking, or keyboard buttons i'm pressing in the game (seems to only happen with movement/directional buttons) will "stick", not literally to the keyboard, but in the game. I can let go of the keyboard and mouse and my character will still run or attack for about 10 - 15 seconds before it stops on it's own. As if the hard drive interrupts and causes the keys to hang for a few seconds. In some games, such as oblivion and two worlds, opening the menu and closing it again stops the "sticking", but having to do that every 10 seconds while trying to fight off enemies is quite irritating...I have tried the following games and experienced the same kind of "keyboard lag" in all of them.. or "hard drive lag", whatever it is...:

Bioshock,
Crysis,
Farcry,
C&C (Various),
Hell Gate:London,
F.E.A.R.,
Oblivion,
Two Worlds,
ArmA,
Half-life 2,
Delta Force Xtreme,
even Zuma Deluxe lags!!!

This is an issue I have noticed being reported by MANY people, most reports are in relation to specific games, however the issue being reported is the same. This is obviously NOT caused by individual games.. I'm thinking it's windows... Or some kind of hardware conflict with a windows update or recent driver release... I hope this report provides some insight into fixing this issue! Very Happy
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Jan 2008 03:51:49 pm    Post subject:

Now that it's mentioned, I, too, am having this problem. It's with a wired keyboard—plugging in a different one doesn't help, so I'm calling this a software glitch—StickyKeys isn't enabled, and my RAM is decent enough where it shouldn't be doing this, especially since it may (and often does) happen if the only application running is Notepad, for example. I would love to hear a solution that does not involve inspecting the aforestated, and I'll keep looking around in the meantime.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Jan 2008 03:54:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
pugboy

Posted: 08 Jan 2008 06:18:53 pm    Post subject:

XP or Vista?
sobaixu

Posted: 09 Jan 2008 01:03:34 am    Post subject:

I'm running XP Home SP2... and i as well have no luck changing keyboards, as the last guy also mentioned... that was so long ago i forgot about that Razz lol
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement