This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 08 Sep 2003 07:44:13 pm    Post subject:

I was looking for a few things like:

Loop like the one in Ti-Basic:

Code:
For(X,1,2
0->X
[other code]
End

How to make a new window pop up, and the old one close, or not close.

Other cool secrets that you might want to share, but nothing to complicated, right now we know how to:
make buttons, labels, how to do button pushes- make text apear and the window get bigger

i am bored now so i will stop, also all replys need to be sent to

Watchfordanomes@att.net, i can't log on here during school time and i need this tomarrow or the day after.
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 12 Sep 2003 12:44:46 pm    Post subject:

I'm taking vb too, in fact, I am in CS I right now, using the internet. I suggest you just read ahead in the book, if you have a book. I am like 6 chapters ahead of everyone else... :lol:

Also,
For(X,1,2
0->X
[other code]
End
would not really do anything besides loop forever, causing a memory error in some cases.

For Varible = Start To Finish Step Step
'''''''''''''''''
'Code goes here
'''''''''''''''''
Next Variable

is how you do a For() statement, just like QBASIC, If you know that.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Sep 2003 12:48:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 12 Sep 2003 04:47:10 pm    Post subject:

i'm trying to find the print command right now, i am taking VB.net files and trying to get them to work on VB 6.0 but it doesn't like them right now, Wacko
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 08 Oct 2003 04:21:14 pm    Post subject:

i know so much more now, but i was wondering if you or your teach, would know how to allow variable A to be accessed in form2, when it is created in form1, ie.

Form1:
Public Shared Dim(i think dim is here or not) A as String
Private Sub ( button click stuff here
A = textbox1.text
end sub

Form2:
Sub Always ()
label1.text = A
end Sub

try this out, i realy need to know, and my teach doesn't know how

also and extra, when i go to form 2, i want form 1 to close, but it won't (me.close)
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 08 Oct 2003 05:58:01 pm    Post subject:

" would know how to allow variable A to be accessed in form2, when it is created in form1."

Well, you can access objects remotely by doing Form1.txtWhatever.Text so you could just make an invisible label for data transfer... We probibly have different versions of vb, because your code looks buggy to me... You could also make a module with a shared variable, then call the variable from a public procedure in that module.

"also and extra, when i go to form 2, i want form 1 to close, but it won't (me.close) "

you can just me.hide, I think...mabey you have a different version...
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 10 Oct 2003 03:23:28 am    Post subject:

All you do is declare it as a public variable under Option Explicit in Form1:

Option Explicit
Public A as String

Then to access it in Form2 refer to it as:

Form1.A

So:

Code:
'Form1:
Option Explicit
Public A As String

Private Sub Command1_Click()
A = Text1.Text
End Sub

'Form2:
Sub Always ()
Label1.Caption = Form1.A
End Sub
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 10 Oct 2003 05:02:47 pm    Post subject:

i'll try them out on monday, thanks. Also i use VB.net, our school just got a few million to spend (like 50 or so)
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 12 Oct 2003 02:39:18 am    Post subject:

Or you could just go:

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Form2.Label1.Caption = Text1.Text
End Sub

If you want it to happen straight away.
AMF513

Posted: 20 Oct 2003 02:01:52 pm    Post subject:

i have visual studios 6, but i think i might get vb.net for christmas.
DmitriB

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Oct 2003 12:09:24 am    Post subject:

where do you all go to school that offers VB? the only language available at my school is java which has become the bain of my existence. they just switched it this year, last year they taught C++ which is actually useful outside of the java class.

what different languages do you all know?

EDIT: i think that vb (especially .net) is worse than java i was just curious.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Oct 2003 12:10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 28 Oct 2003 04:01:45 am    Post subject:

I once wrote a program in Visual Basic, its purpose was to autorun when a "photo cd" of my fellow "Alien" Relatives happened to be placed into a "Windows" cdrom drive. Thinking back, I didn't program that thing, I point and clicked it together, no wonder it didn't ever quite do what I wanted...silly me.

--AlienCC
b__

Posted: 28 Oct 2003 05:41:39 pm    Post subject:

I am taking vb in my school. Its so slow im like 5 chapters ahead of everyone else.
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 29 Oct 2003 05:54:43 pm    Post subject:

Our school offers VB.net b/c it used to do C++ but no one wanted to learn it. I also don't like VB.net b/c it is too simple (that is also a good thing).
I might take Java next year, b/c they got rid of opens.
I know VB and IT-Basic
I am too lazy to read a head in class. But i have created a game (see the new prgm section) in my spare time. I have about 40 mins of extra time each day. (FYI my classes are 44 mins long and the teacher comes 2 mins late, then opens the door, we then boot our comp. up. she assigns an assignment. I finish it and WOW 40 mins of free time)

Also VB is not Worse than Java, Jave is ment for images, VB for numbers and the like (if you were to make a game, the shop would be written in VB (or so) and the fighting, and moving would be in Java, but you would most likely use VB to run the Java or vice versa (haven't learned Java Yet))

Also i founf my problem, i was doing a :
Sub_Always ()
code
End Sub

And A:
Sun Intilize (sp) ()
code
End Sub

My problem was i needed to just double click the form, and have a really cool game now, but the .exe won't work. Arrrrgggg!!!
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 03 Nov 2003 07:14:37 pm    Post subject:

I hate it when .EXE is disabled! Stupid security. I, too, finish a class of vb in 2 minutes, so i go on to explore that I found a way of accessing the C: drive of the computer. Full read/write access too :-)

(use filelistboxes,dirlistboxes, and drivelistboxes accompaned with a few OPEN statements Smile )

And I am finally back to this site

Last edited by Guest on 03 Nov 2003 07:15:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 06 Nov 2003 09:20:52 pm    Post subject:

Now my major concern is that the .EXE(s) won't work on other computers. I need to create a package, but don't know how. If anyone does i really need to know ASAP.

Also i have started on a prety cool game, based on URL=http://games.swirve.com/earth/]This[/URL]
but not on te internet, and for two players turn based, and two races, with minor houses. It takes place in Britian (or England) If i find how to package, i can send a demo out next week.

I just need it to work on other computers, and builkd don't work, only for that spacific computer...
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Nov 2003 07:16:50 am    Post subject:

Why didn't you base it on utopia? It's much more fun.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 07 Nov 2003 07:26:53 am    Post subject:

Are you looking for a packager that will create an installer for your program? Something that will extract your program and all the required libraries it has to the correct location on the non-developer computer?

--AlienCC
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 08 Nov 2003 02:35:17 pm    Post subject:

#1 i have never played utopia but will look into it...

#2 i am looking for the button in VB.net that will allow me to save all the dlls and other files need to run my game on a floppy disk or a cd so my friends can play it at their home, on a non-developers computer.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Nov 2003 05:02:35 pm    Post subject:

I believe you require the Corporate edition of VB.Net to create installers with it. (I could be wrong)

So you might want to check into a freeware installer, Mindvision Vise.
http://www.mindvision.com/index2.html

--AlienCC
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 15 Nov 2003 10:49:32 pm    Post subject:

not what i am looking for, but nice. I need it so that the prgm will save all the .dll files and other files need to operate the prgm on another computer. Build does it for the creator's computer, but i need it so it works on any other computer.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement