This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Cure

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 01:52:26 pm    Post subject:

Maybe an RPG like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles?

Last edited by Guest on 07 Aug 2006 06:16:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
fool

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 02:14:38 pm    Post subject:

i have no idea what that is
Cure

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 02:54:12 pm    Post subject:

When in doubt, Wikipedia it!
todlangweilig

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 03:53:19 pm    Post subject:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda_series

For your maze, you could do a variation of below, the black is where you die. I would just make it 1 character width wide. This screen shot is from one of the dungons, not a maze.

Last edited by Guest on 07 Aug 2006 04:20:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cure

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 04:22:32 pm    Post subject:

todlangweilig wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda_series

For your maze, you could do a variation of below, the black is where you die. I would just make it 1 character width wide. This screen shot is from one of the dungons, not a maze.

[post="85826"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Is that Link's Awakening? I [love] that game [/love]
fool

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 04:25:49 pm    Post subject:

If the cliffs were visible, wouldnt it be too easy to get through it?
Cure

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 04:28:15 pm    Post subject:

What?! You mean easy to fall in the hole? Well, yeah, that's part of the challenge in these games.
todlangweilig

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 08:01:16 pm    Post subject:

Cure777 wrote:
Is that Link's Awakening? I [love] that game [/love]
[post="85827"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Its either Link's Awakening, or Oracle of seasons / ages.

Quote:
If the cliffs were visible, wouldnt it be too easy to get through it?

Yes, fairly easy to get through, they arn't meant to be too challenging. They are just enough to keep one on their toes. These might be better suited as part of an overland map or a dungeon than a 'maze'.

Another puzzle idea is where the character has to move blocks. You could make it so they have to move them out of the way or more challengely, into certain areas like Sokoban.
fool

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 09:09:27 pm    Post subject:

todlangweilig, that's a brilliant idea! THANKS, i feel inspired. Now to work on the code.
Cure

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 09:17:48 pm    Post subject:

fool wrote:
todlangweilig, that's a brilliant idea! THANKS, i feel inspired. Now to work on the code.
[post="85864"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Please tell me you are not doing a Zelda game, or I will kick your butt to Taiwan and back.
fool

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 10:08:56 pm    Post subject:

Why dont u look at the first post and download my game.
Cure

Posted: 07 Aug 2006 10:33:31 pm    Post subject:

Ah, I'm sorry.
todlangweilig

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Aug 2006 01:51:37 am    Post subject:

fool wrote:
[post="85864"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm glad my ideas are of use. Smile It will be nice to see what you can come up with.
fool

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 13 Aug 2006 08:15:02 pm    Post subject:

Ok, Im still unsure on what other things I should add to the game or fix.
fool

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 14 Aug 2006 03:45:19 pm    Post subject:

srry for double posting, but can anyone else give feedback? i feel my rpg is being ignored.
todlangweilig

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Aug 2006 01:24:30 am    Post subject:

I just got back from a 3 day trip, and its late. Ill try to download your latest version and tell you what i think.
fool

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 16 Aug 2006 12:29:59 pm    Post subject:

Here is the latest version. includes 3 functional items. new level up algorithm. 2 shops. brutal enemies.
todlangweilig

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Aug 2006 02:00:05 pm    Post subject:

The biggest suggestion i can think of right now is a save and continue that doesn't archive the AOC list. This way we won't wear out the rom or have to garbage collect. Then when one is done, they do save and quit and archive the AOC list.

There is also a weird bug where one fights an enemy and saves, when reloaded, you have to fight another enemy. This also works with the key too.

It would also be a good time to write a readme. For starters you could identify the differences in the 3 different attacks. You could also explain what the 3 items do. If you start on it early, it will be easier then writing one once every thing is done.
fool

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 16 Aug 2006 02:18:31 pm    Post subject:

todlangweilig wrote:
The biggest suggestion i can think of right now is a save and continue that doesn't archive the AOC list. This way we won't wear out the rom or have to garbage collect. Then when one is done, they do save and quit and archive the AOC list.

There is also a weird bug where one fights an enemy and saves, when reloaded, you have to fight another enemy. This also works with the key too.

It would also be a good time to write a readme. For starters you could identify the differences in the 3 different attacks. You could also explain what the 3 items do. If you start on it early, it will be easier then writing one once every thing is done.
[post="86378"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The reason why I have the game archive the list is because I often clear my ram on accident and therefore my file is saved.(along with the game through the group AOC) Also, saving and quitting is another way to fight enemies again because one would want to fight many of them to level up. Other wise, there wouldnt be an easy way to level up without getting lucky against the harder ones. I will add an intro at the beginning of the game explaining the items and attacks and the different symbols.
todlangweilig

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Aug 2006 02:58:45 pm    Post subject:

fool wrote:
The reason why I have the game archive the list is because I often clear my ram on accident and therefore my file is saved

I mean while one is playing the game. So it doesn't keep writing/unwriting to the rom. You haven't cleared your ram while playing the game right?
Quote:
Also, saving and quitting is another way to fight enemies again because one would want to fight many of them to level up. Other wise, there wouldnt be an easy way to level up without getting lucky against the harder ones.

You know, thats kind of borderline to grinding.
Quote:
I will add an intro at the beginning of the game explaining the items and attacks and the different symbols.

That will work as long as your RPG doesn't get too big.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement