This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
NextPerception

Posted: 12 Sep 2003 04:01:43 pm    Post subject:

any way just trying to get things back on the topic of the mouse anyone have any other ideas?
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 12 Sep 2003 09:56:07 pm    Post subject:

JACstudios_ceo wrote:
Laughing How true...

Back onto the the topic of this, um, topic: Ask Adm. Wiggin. He uses a mouse for WallsXP, so he probably knows.

Cool I had an idea... 8)

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Ninjas are never heard until after it was too late.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Guest on 12 Sep 2003 09:56:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 12 Sep 2003 10:16:04 pm    Post subject:

Flash wrote:
i am not only a self proclaimed lazy bastard, im told that every day by people i dont even know... and for me to "move mouse, select text, right click, move mouse again, select cut, move mouse yet again, minimize windows, open word, right click, move mouse, select paste, move mouse, click spell check, press enter at the oh so many words, move mouse again, click done, move mouse, select the text again, right click, select copy, move mouse, open united ti window, right click, select paste"... is just to much  Surprised
Neutral and yes there is that many steps Neutral

and it wouldnt even be worth it for a post as short as this (1 sentance)
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 03:11:20 pm    Post subject:

well, WALLSxp doenst use an external mouse... srry guys! Laughing
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 03:54:07 pm    Post subject:

Well, it is more difficult than you know.

First of all, mice have a horizontal and verticle, so the link cable which has only a tip middle and base(ground) does not have enough wires.

To make it work, you would have to get a ps2 mouse and build a circuit board to take left, right, up, and down and encode them into bytes and send them to an asm program through direct imput routines.

I think this would be very difficult to do. Michal V has the asm knoledge, and I have the hardware knledge. However, this will proably never happen.
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 07:25:53 pm    Post subject:

Of course we know it's highly unlikely... which is why it's so fun. I mean, someone actually making and using one would be scary. What a waste of effort.
Flash
Umpa Loompa

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 09:26:46 pm    Post subject:

what could you even use the mouse for? you can get the arrows to move just as fast as a normal mouse in asm anyway. i can imagine moving around in a menu or something would be a little easier, and plus, theres the incovence of the mouse. where are you going to put it? i useually sit in a chair a use my calc, there no room for a mousepad in a chair. knowing myself i'll be to lazy to get up and move to a desk. but yes, it would be cool to have a mouse, mainly for the fact of bragging and making fun of everyone elses non-mouse calculators
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Sep 2003 04:37:04 am    Post subject:

simple, you hold the calc, and you put the mouse on a table.

I have vigured it out.

You need a USB or PS/2 mouse

You build electronics which power the mouse and encode the signals into something understandable. The calculator then handles the signals via interrrupt or something like that.
Ben Trettel

Posted: 14 Sep 2003 07:01:36 am    Post subject:

I got an idea. You know that sliding case thing? You build your mouse in that, so that it's always with you. Or you could use it as a mousepad.
NextPerception

Posted: 16 Sep 2003 05:20:20 pm    Post subject:

that is a really good idea.

hey what about like in a laptop with the touch screen thing that is kindof like a mouse what about one of those on the slide case. i don't know how those things work tho so i dont know if there is even a way to transfer the signal.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement