This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
magus57

Posted: 06 Jun 2006 05:01:02 pm    Post subject:

I want to edit the game "Lotus Turbo Challenge" for TI-83/84 (Ion), but I need help on how to do it. This basically only applies to those who haved played it. What I want to do is:

-Keep all six courses
-Player can choose day or night
-Player can choose clear, rain, snow, or thunderstorm
-2player mode (first one to finish line wins)
-Make the times a bit more fair (especially for Rain and Snow course)

Either that, or just expand it so for example:
Course 1 - Forest (Day, Clear)
Course 2 - Forest (Night, Clear)
Course 3 - Forest (Day, Rain)
etc. and do it for each course, without the necesity to complete them in order (so they are all unlocked from the beginning).

Can anybody help me with this? The biggest thing I would like would be to get it in BASIC code so it would be *slightly* easier to see what corresponds to what feature.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Jun 2006 05:07:40 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, it's impossible to convert an assembly program to Basic code. You'd have to learn assembly in order to edit an assembly program.
magus57

Posted: 06 Jun 2006 05:33:32 pm    Post subject:

How do I dissasemble the game into a code? And what code is easiest to edit/understand? And how would I find, for example, the part of the code that controls the rain in the 2nd course?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Jun 2006 06:02:25 pm    Post subject:

There are several programs here for disassembling programs. However, understanding a disassembled program is very difficult, especially since you don't seem to have any assembly knowledge (excuse me if I'm wrong). The main problem is that a disassembler is unable to distinguish between program code and program data, something you'd have to figure out yourself if you wanted to do this.
I'm not saying it's impossible... but frankly, you'd be better off writing your own game from scratch.
bukwirm

Posted: 06 Jun 2006 10:03:18 pm    Post subject:

DarkerLine wrote:
I'm not saying it's impossible... but frankly, you'd be better off writing your own game from scratch.
[post="81715"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Or finding the source code and learning asm.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Jun 2006 09:03:51 am    Post subject:

I haven't been able to find the source to Lotus anywhere on ticalc.org, good luck with that.

If you were to find the original source, then you might not even have to learn assembly to edit the levels. You'd still have to recompile it, but there's plenty of places to find out how to do that, including this very forum.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement