This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Glen
Prokul Interactive

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 06 Jun 2003 09:29:41 pm    Post subject:

hello, i have a business presentation and i would like to present Ti 83 plus for my product

i need the following..........
the specs of ti 83 plus!
the processor , height, width, etc.......

and also the advantage and disadvantages of a TI calculator
and the comparison of another graphing calculator, such as HP ?

can you guys help me, thanks!
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 06 Jun 2003 10:55:41 pm    Post subject:

Here's some of the specs:

CPU: 8 MHz ZiLOG Z80 (running at 6 MHz)
Memory (when totally cleared): RAM - 24389 bytes, ROM (Archive) - 163840 bytes
Screen Size: 96x64 pixels, 16x8 characters
Link Port: Yes
CBL/CBR Support: Yes
ViewScreen Model Available: Yes

(note: special thanks to ticalc.org for the information)

http://www.ticalc.org/basics/calculators/t.../ti-83plus.html is the URL.

http://education.ti.com/us/student/product...g/ti83plus.html is the one from TI and http://education.ti.com/us/student/product...plussilver.html and http://education.ti.com/us/product/tech/83...s/features.html are for the Silver Edition.

Hope that helps a little...
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Jun 2003 01:16:28 am    Post subject:

The ti83+ runs the zilog z180 processor to be more specific.
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 07 Jun 2003 01:27:54 am    Post subject:

Sorry, my bad. I thought the info on ticalc.org was actually reliable... Guess not.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 07 Jun 2003 02:02:27 am    Post subject:

The exact processor to be exact is a Z80180 if you check what is printed on the chip, and hte correct setting for ZDS.

Read the spects from teh owners manual.

Lastly, where are you giveing the presention, and to whom are you giving the presentation?
Glen
Prokul Interactive

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 07 Jun 2003 03:03:28 am    Post subject:

opps, forgot to login..... anyway, how do you add the animated gif to power point, it opens them as pics!
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 07 Jun 2003 03:16:09 am    Post subject:

I do not know that you can open an animated gif in powerpoint.

I mean, you can probably open it, but it may not animate.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 07 Jun 2003 03:42:56 am    Post subject:

I have not made any animations in a while.

Most were simple boxins and runnign o's et cetera.
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 08 Jun 2003 05:47:18 pm    Post subject:

You might be able to go to the Fate by Fire screen shot in actio (the grey scale one) right click it, and go into powerpoint and past it. im not sure what it will do but there is a good chance ti will paste the animation in one of your slides. This may get some people asking about FBF Smile

Here is the things about the TIs. TI graphing calculators have been on the market for decades, asTI has always been there for them. By having an early grip on the graphing calculator industry, TI becasme well established adn other companies such as Vernier software began developing scientific tools and programs for the TI series. By the Time HP and Casio got their heads out of their butts, they had no competition in the market for these key reasons: 1. Ti well established and supported by programms (like us) and developers. Thats it. The TI's arn;t any better than other calculators. Some casios fro the same price as a ti83+ have sound, and a color screen. But no one knows how to use them, and people who have them are afraid of compatibility issues with other calculators.

The TI seris calcultors are very good calculators in terms of quality. They are subjected to a 6 foot drop test for durability, last for decades of use. Can last up to 4 years on a single set of batteries, and weild substancial power relative to other scientific instuments that have much higher price tags. By being compatible with a multitude of harware and software, the Ti calculator is a tool for every part of the scientific.mathmatical world.

If you want to copy any of that ######, go right ahead no credeit needed jus tsome information you might find usefull.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 09 Jun 2003 02:46:53 am    Post subject:

Mine has definatly passed the 6 foot drop test many times.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Jun 2003 01:00:16 pm    Post subject:

i think all of ours have, the 6 foot drop test of doom, lol!
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 09 Jun 2003 03:28:16 pm    Post subject:

How many times have you dropped your calculator.

I can remember dropping mine and everyone looks over like what are you doing. I just keep a calm composure and say it is fine; I have dropped it has been dropped worse before.

I hae dropped it onto concrete from about four feet, it has fallen off of a desk and rolled half way across a classroom, I dropped it while walking, and it still works as good as it did when it was new.
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 09 Jun 2003 03:36:17 pm    Post subject:

never six feet. Why would I lift it that high. maby four feet...
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Jun 2003 03:50:14 pm    Post subject:

ya, i have noticed also that everyone looks at u and their like, "What in the world is up with the class nerd? he dropped that calculator? does he want to have to buy a new one?" and u just pick it up and keep on playin!
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 09 Jun 2003 04:35:35 pm    Post subject:

Everyone else thinks they are delicate.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Jun 2003 02:52:36 pm    Post subject:

i agree. you have a better chance of falling in love with barney than catching me without my calculator in the school hallways. if i bothered to count the times ive dropped it, i wouldnt have the time to be sitting here and typing this message. it passes my test for durabillty. i wonder what would happpen if i dropped out a 2 story window... Surprised
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 10 Jun 2003 03:34:35 pm    Post subject:

i wouldn't try it, i think 2 stories is more than 6 feet Laughing
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 10 Jun 2003 03:39:37 pm    Post subject:

if you drop it out a 2nd story window with some padding it will be OK. of course, an egg could also bo OK in that scenerio
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Jun 2003 04:30:19 pm    Post subject:

Droppign it onto a hard surface without padding from higer than 6 feet will almost certainly damage or destroy your calculator.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 10 Jun 2003 07:03:34 pm    Post subject:

ya, maybe if u drop it onto a soft leather couch from 2 stories... but i wouldn't try it Wink
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement