This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Sage Orator

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 May 2006 09:22:33 pm    Post subject:

The one getting 30 to level 100?
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 May 2006 09:30:34 pm    Post subject:

no, that is just being patient. I hate missing no.

I meant the one with catching all the random pokemon like mew.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 29 May 2006 09:47:17 pm    Post subject:

—You mean this one?—
Sage Orator

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 May 2006 09:48:00 pm    Post subject:

Laughing Why?

Anyway I didn't know of any others. After my sixth time through a friend told me about missing no.
programmer_to_be
Jesus is my Lord and Saviour.

Elite

Posted: 30 May 2006 08:10:44 am    Post subject:

Well, as you guys have been posting, I have been taking in ideas for my RPG to do over the summer. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be on UTI this summer, but I'll be working on a big project. Well, now I know that in the beginning of the game, if there are people talking, I'll use a text command. Not a slow type writer type text. Or I might, but I'll make it go fast. I'll also have it where to battle, you talk to people. Not random battles and you battle if you want to. But it will be to your benefit to battle.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 May 2006 12:14:22 pm    Post subject:

programmer_to_be wrote:
Well, as you guys have been posting, I have been taking in ideas for my RPG to do over the summer. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be on UTI this summer, but I'll be working on a big project. Well, now I know that in the beginning of the game, if there are people talking, I'll use a text command. Not a slow type writer type text. Or I might, but I'll make it go fast. I'll also have it where to battle, you talk to people. Not random battles and you battle if you want to. But it will be to your benefit to battle.

awesome. this should be a great learning experience for you.
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 30 May 2006 01:36:56 pm    Post subject:

Grinding is teh suXX0rs. Please don't.
And a unique storyline and innovative gameplay>good graphics anyday.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 May 2006 01:52:19 pm    Post subject:

-being fixed to certain places because of your level. If you're in a low level you have to stay in the start area, when you're high level you can only train for good XP in the later areas. Can be fixed in one player RPGs with leveled enemies.

-GRINDING.

-i dont like the whole XP thing either. killing enemies with a sword makes me better at bow too?! I killed the enemies right. bleh. I liked morrowinds system, the more you use something the better you get with that certain skill.
and while were at it:

-too much skills. I dont want to have a skill that says how good i can stir with a spoon in a cooking pot. Making fire shouldnt be a skill.

-Dumb NPCs that jump in front of your attacks (cough the elder scrolls cough)
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 30 May 2006 02:06:50 pm    Post subject:

You know what else is 00ber-annoying? 00ber spells/characters/items. The kind that make the game more of a chore than an experience. Like a Lv.100 Pokémon was. Too powerful to be fun.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 May 2006 02:18:45 pm    Post subject:

Power Word: Death

Uber spells or items are fine in a non-level based system though.
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 30 May 2006 05:39:58 pm    Post subject:

That and the fact that PWD only worked .05% of the time.
programmer_to_be

Elite

Posted: 31 May 2006 07:44:31 am    Post subject:

Okay. Well, I think I'll make my RPG(*still not gonna release the name yet) where when you do battle, whatever you are battling, and wherever you are battling, the thing you are battling will either be one level lower or higher or the same as you. Something like that.

*I do have a name and I already have a splash screen. I have sort of a story line. Don't know if it's worth playing. And my maps will be interesting. They'll probably be on the homescreen, but they will be very interesting if they are. Ummm...how does the name Jeremiah sound for a main character name?
Sage Orator

Advanced Member

Posted: 31 May 2006 08:44:54 am    Post subject:

Sounds Amish.........or at least religous.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 May 2006 12:25:18 pm    Post subject:

sounds cool to me.
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 31 May 2006 12:33:35 pm    Post subject:

Sounds cool, but the level system seems...weird. 1 lv. higher or lower won't make much of a difference. Why not just ditch levels altogether?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 May 2006 12:51:18 pm    Post subject:

Levels from a game design perspective offer the player progression. Put most progression in the story and the rest in skills/items.

That doesn't mean make them more and more overpowered BTW. Nice examples are the cut, fly, and swim skills in that old pokemon game, they're not great to kill stuff with but a nice to have.
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 31 May 2006 01:00:03 pm    Post subject:

Arcane Wizard wrote:
Levels from a game design perspective offer the player progression. Put most progression in the story and the rest in skills/items.

That doesn't mean make them more and more overpowered BTW. Nice examples are the cut, fly, and swim skills in that old pokemon game, they're not great to kill stuff with but a nice to have.
[post="81321"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

True. Or you could do something similar to IVAN, have the enemies gain levels the longer you play. So there's always a challenge, even when fighting an opponent you faced in the early stages of the game.

-=SilverCalcKnight=-
programmer_to_be

Elite

Posted: 01 Jun 2006 07:28:07 am    Post subject:

I'm working on a new story line now. That one seemed kinda, boring and pointless. I think I may make it a religious journey. Like Crusaders. Have it to where you trained for all your life and now you get to join your people to find the Holy Grail. I don't know. Can people give me ideas?
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 01 Jun 2006 08:29:54 am    Post subject:

Sounds like an interesting and original idea. Oh, you may also want to delete one of those posts.
programmer_to_be

Elite

Posted: 01 Jun 2006 08:37:21 am    Post subject:

Woops. Thanks for telling me. Okay, I'll keep my idea. I just have to put in a little more to the story.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement