This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Sep 2003 07:04:10 pm    Post subject:

I have never ever touched a BASIC ASM utility if you dont count Mirage OS. until yesterday when I downloaded Ominicalc and leanred how to move and minipalate sprites. However I try to back up my programs to my computer and it says that the files are corrupt. I have a silver USB link. Anyone know how to fix this? Also I am not sure, but does another calculator require Omnicalc installed in order for it to run a program containing sprite routines? Please help me out.
yugniht

Posted: 04 Sep 2003 08:58:32 pm    Post subject:

hmmm...did you open it up in the Graph link emulator or something? Well, if it says it's corrupt, it's probably because it doesn't recognize all those new tokens Omnicalc uses. Try grouping it and then sending it. I don't know for sure, I'm just guessing Smile
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Sep 2003 09:35:21 pm    Post subject:

When I back up my calculator it already is a group file Sad

Also, does a calc need to have omni calc on it in order to play a game with sprites in it because I tried to send a game to my friends school calc and I got an ERR:VERSION when I opened the program.
yugniht

Posted: 04 Sep 2003 10:13:42 pm    Post subject:

if you used omnicalc tokens in the program, then yes, the other person has to have it on their calc also.
NextPerception

Posted: 16 Sep 2003 06:21:38 pm    Post subject:

sounds like a conflict with the new tokens to me.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 16 Sep 2003 06:53:37 pm    Post subject:

well, yes. omnicalc defines the tokens, and if omnicalc isnt on the other calc, it cant define them!
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Nov 2003 05:44:44 pm    Post subject:

I tried this, and i think that you cannot send or ungroup programs that have Omnicalc functions, whether you have or don't have Omnicalc. I found out about ungrouping when (curiously enough, because of an Omnicalc bug) my programs got deleted, and I tried to restore them from groups, but the calc said

ERR: VERSION
1: Quit

SadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSad

The solution to sending Omnicalc programs I used was to replace each sprite( command with a ?, each mod( command with a ! (other symbols would also work), and etc. Then, after sending to the other calc, I changed the symbols back to the Omnicalc functions. Lots of work, but better than retyping the whole program.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement