This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
negativezero48

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 21 May 2006 08:17:35 pm    Post subject:

I know there are probably a million RPG game posts here, but just read this anyways.

I am currently developing a BASIC rpg that will be better then all the rest. I have allready developed a new type of graphics engine that allows a scrolling screen, sprites on every tile, and charecter movement. Best of all, it is so smooth that even I was at first supprised at how well it ran. I plan on adding a few if loops that lead to battles and other stuff. That would not slow down the program musch more, allowing me to have a great RPG.

This will redefine basic rpg gaming in these ways:

1. Completely graphical with no text sprites.
2. Perfectly smooth gameplay.

It will look and feel like it was made in asm. :biggrin:

yes, I know that the game currently has pokemon graphics. I just finished the graphical engine. Next up are the graphics themselves.

Pics:

negativezero48

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 21 May 2006 08:23:45 pm    Post subject:

please try to keep comments away from the sketchy guy standing in the bottom right corner of my pics. Hes just my own edited verson of the main charecter sprite. Yes i know is is the coolest Rolling Eyes
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 21 May 2006 08:28:40 pm    Post subject:

looks cool!! There are several tech demos just like that one on ticalc though...
negativezero48

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 21 May 2006 08:36:19 pm    Post subject:

yeah... but im developing this one.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 21 May 2006 08:53:12 pm    Post subject:

Well, I look forward to what you produce.

What kind of RPG are you shooting for? Or might you make some sort of Pokemon clone??
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 21 May 2006 09:04:57 pm    Post subject:

looks good negativezero48.
Are you transfering from another language and decided to learn TI-BASIC...or how long have you been programming and what languauges do u know?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 May 2006 09:31:51 pm    Post subject:

Looks good! I'd suggest using more of the screen, though.
programmer_to_be
Jesus is my Lord and Saviour.

Elite

Posted: 22 May 2006 07:52:33 am    Post subject:

Nice. Are you using binary sprite type things? With 1s and 0s?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 22 May 2006 09:48:16 am    Post subject:

With the 89, you can actually position pictures around. It is easier, I have been told, to simply make the sprites, and recall the pics of each one as you need it. It makes it faster as well...
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 22 May 2006 02:36:10 pm    Post subject:

89 Basic!!! yay!!!
negativezero48

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 May 2006 04:46:01 pm    Post subject:

to answer all of your questions....

1. This will NOT be a pokemon clone. Although it might incorporate many ideas from the pokemon games like maps, battle scenes, but nothing that is new in the world of RPG's.

This will though have things like battle scenes, races (different charecters with different abilities, and many things that a basic (lol) rpg has.

2. I have learned other programming languages before. I picked up ti-basic a little bit ago, learned the new syntax, and started programming. I learned a modified version of Qbasic (i think), HTML, some C++ and some other things here and there.

3. I am using saved images and am recalling them to the screen (for now).

4. Using the whole screen would make it so that the view left and right is twice the view up and down. I decided that having the view the same in each direction would be best.

By the way, I learned a little bit from one of those tech domos before I tried my own program. note: I did not copy code or directly reference that code while developing this game.

If anyone could give me a link to a site that offers ratios for stats during an rpg battle that would help me a lot. I also have a friend who is addicted to rpgs and cannot get his nose out of W.O.W. helping me now. i thought that I should mention that.
negativezero48

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 May 2006 05:15:12 pm    Post subject:

By the way, I was wondering if anyone would want to download the files. Because it is a work in progress, I am not sure the exact size, although i cannot imagine that it is too big.

Also, if anyone wants to help Surprised just reply or e-mail me.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 23 May 2006 06:33:46 pm    Post subject:

:P

I'd test it, but I don't know how else I could help. I can partially optimize small portions of code.
negativezero48

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 May 2006 07:55:16 pm    Post subject:

allrigaht..... i will upload a demo of what i have so I hope someone downloads it. Very Happy Very Happy This will contain multiple files. They are not too big. Just place them in their own folder for easy deleting.

oh yeah, I WILL get rid of extraneous pics.

tell me if it works. It is for 89's, in case i have not mentioned.
programmer_to_be
Jesus is my Lord and Saviour.

Elite

Posted: 25 May 2006 08:25:28 am    Post subject:

IAmACalculator wrote:
:P

I'd test it, but I don't know how else I could help. I can partially optimize small portions of code.
[post="80287"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

negativezero, you should really try to not double post as it can get on people's nerves. That is why there is an Edit button at the bottom of your post. Try it. Very Happy
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 26 May 2006 05:21:10 am    Post subject:

another thing that gets on ppls nerves is overposting....dont try it... Smile
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 26 May 2006 12:36:50 pm    Post subject:

89 Basic never ceases to amaze me...
It's the only calc basic to support grayscale (even if it does only work for title screens), it has a toolbar that you can use in programs, and don't even get me started on user-defined varis...
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement