This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
magus57

Posted: 07 May 2006 04:57:15 pm    Post subject:

I was playing "Miracle Warriros - Seal of the Sark Lord" for Sega Master System, which is a very simple game, and I was wondering (because I own the original and the ROM), is there any way to convert the ROM to a TI-83/84 program executable as a flash or by some other program (such as MirageOS or CrunchyOS)? Basically, I want to convert the ROM file to make it useable in a TI graphing calculator. The controls could be done (because the Sega Master System only had a direction pad, a start button, and 2 buttons), but could the file be converted? If not, is there a program that can show the code from the ROM file? And if so, how could I re-program it to work on the calculator? And if you can't convert this game (or any game on the game console), what is the most modern game console that has games that can be converted to games for TI calculators?

I found an emulator (Meka) with debugging capabilities, and I dumped the RAM, VRAM, Sprites, Palette, CPURegs, and VRegs in ASCII mode, but it doesn't look like something I could program on a calculator when I opened the files in Microsoft Word (it looked like a chart, and there were numbers and letters in each row, and each file had 30-60 rows). But when I dumped the files in Raw, all I got were these strange squares throughout the whole document. How do I open Raw files? And would Raw files be more appropriate for programming than ASCII files?

Please help me, I really like this game and would really like to have it on my calculator, and you might have to explain to me what everything means because I'm kind of new to this.
c_plus_plus
My Face Hertz

Posted: 07 May 2006 05:01:39 pm    Post subject:

the only way to make a game for a calculator that already exists is to start from scratch. Remaking the whole game from the ground up with the original game as an inspiration.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 07 May 2006 05:10:23 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, not Sega. Only the 89s/68k calcs have a Gameboy emulator, and I think that's about it.
magus57

Posted: 07 May 2006 05:15:29 pm    Post subject:

Wait, is there any way to boot an .exe on a TI-84 calculator? I heard about this one guy who played a movie through a USB drive on his TI-84 calculator (and I downloaded the program, but I'm still waiting for the cable), and he also made another program to look (and I think maybe execute) programs on a USB drive.
c_plus_plus
My Face Hertz

Posted: 07 May 2006 05:19:40 pm    Post subject:

no. the windows computer runs on an intel or celeron. a calc on the other hand runs on a z80 or a Motorola. That produces incompatability.
magus57

Posted: 07 May 2006 07:06:46 pm    Post subject:

So where can I find a tutorial on how to create a game for the calculator based on a game on a video game system? Or just how to create an 4-character (not 4-player) RPG for the calculator?
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 May 2006 07:26:16 pm    Post subject:

Cool you seem to very be confused here.

most fast calc programs (esp. platform remakes) are written in Assembly language. Also, you can't open any calc program in MS Word or it looks like garbage.

If you want to edit Basic programs, use TI Graphlink or Sourcecoder.
If you want to edit Asm programs you need the source, and its nice to have a decent IDE such as Crimson Editor or the Latenite/BRASS/Early Morning suite which is specifcally for calcs.
magus57

Posted: 07 May 2006 08:38:48 pm    Post subject:

I think you misunderstood my point. I wanted to do what you said the other way around; go from computer file to calculator file. Basically, all I want to know right now is how to create an RPG for a TI-84 (no, I do not want an ARPG package, the RPG is supposed to have 4 playable characters to use in each battle) in assembly (so I can make the file bigger and not waste too much RAM.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 07 May 2006 09:32:56 pm    Post subject:

So you want to port the game to 8x+ series in ASM? Not play a Sega ROM on you 84+, am I correct?

Learn ASM in 28 Days

If you have programming experience in C/C++ on the computer, this may be easier to learn than it seems.

Edit: Though, keep in mind, have you seen Reign of Legends 3 by xlibman?

That's done in Basic + xlib library. Don't consider basic too slow for all your needs.

Last edited by Guest on 07 May 2006 09:37:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
magus57

Posted: 07 May 2006 09:54:00 pm    Post subject:

Is there any way I could get the code for that game? I could use it as my base (with major adjustments of course, including the menus and characters and maps etc.) and start from there to make it easier, right? Or would that be illegal?
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 May 2006 10:03:12 pm    Post subject:

its in Basic so you can open it in TI-Graphlink or sourcecoder....you should ask xlibman first
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement