This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
CDI

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 May 2006 07:47:17 pm    Post subject:

Simple concept, a ball rolling around a level, though, the levels are gonna be intresting. I'll be borrowing some elements from the Sonic The Hedgehog games like springs and loop like structures. I can also have walls you can be on, and in front of (by adjusting the fPart) and now for the best part, the imagery!

Funfun, everything in blue is an interaction with the envryonment, everyhting in dark yellow (wait, forgot those tiles ^^) is background, and everything in red is you.

The levels will end after you pass through a gate. The gates are easy to find, and get to.

No speed bonus, underwater can be done normally, but you go 1/2 the speed (or just slower), there can't be dead ends really, there are endless pits (well, you fall off the map and die) there are also tiles that hurt you (spikes, electricity (in later levels), ect.) and no enemies because this was thought up on the idea of an enemyless envrionment
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 May 2006 07:58:28 pm    Post subject:

All I can say is, have fun with the physics.
CDI

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 May 2006 08:04:14 pm    Post subject:

Well it's BASIC so the physics won't be all that complex, just the change in direction is the hard one :P

NEW IMAGE

the dotted line is your path

Last edited by Guest on 03 May 2006 08:13:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 03 May 2006 08:18:22 pm    Post subject:

Erm...TI-Basic? Or computer basic? Either way, it's quite impressive. I'll try it.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 May 2006 08:32:34 pm    Post subject:

sweet. I hope you finish this.
programmer_to_be
Jesus is my Lord and Saviour.

Elite

Posted: 03 May 2006 08:35:20 pm    Post subject:

Nice pics. Looks like a good game to me!
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 May 2006 09:04:39 pm    Post subject:

Very cool looking.

Do you have control over the ball, like will you fall off the ceiling if you don't keep pressing a direction?
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 03 May 2006 09:22:52 pm    Post subject:

I think he plans to implement some for of physics, but I'm not sure.

This looks awesome though.
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 04 May 2006 02:01:06 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Well it's BASIC so the physics won't be all that complex, just the change in direction is the hard one

hmmm...lol well your going to need to look into momentum (so you can get up those steep walls!! and so when u let go the ball slowly stops) and definitely the use of arcs. doesnt have to be complex but still should be in there for this type of game...

Ive been thinkin of making a Super monkey ball type game.
kinda the same concept except like a birds-eye view. hmm well ill get to it once i finish my current project anyways!

Cool
CDI

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 May 2006 02:58:57 pm    Post subject:

Kinda, it'll work like the spiderball in Metroid does... What I'll do is basically have gravity, and the "ramps" or w/e change gravity, if there's nothing around you for 2 frames then gravity defaults back to down. So no real momentum involved except horizontal, that will be easy because it's just a variable to change. As for friction, well I'm not too sure what the number might be, but I was thinking that lessay you hit a spring, that'll launch you at 10lat (10 paces lateral) so every time you move you go very very fast (10/10 or max speed) then you slow down bit by bit till you default back to 2/10 (5th speed, water will put you at 1/10) every tile slows you down by .2 or .5, idk atm.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 04 May 2006 05:21:37 pm    Post subject:

This reminds me of Grav for the 89, what with the rolling ball physics and such. This looks different though, as it'll have slopes, and I doubt the ball will be able to float.
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 06 May 2006 11:31:44 pm    Post subject:

so hows the project coming along?
how many lvls do you have.
Keep us posted.
CDI

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 May 2006 01:28:37 pm    Post subject:

Well, seeing how it's all psudeocode, and I have to finish FFR:CR3 first, it's at a standstill, because I have all the ideas I need, if you want, you can design levels for it, no bigger than 5 screens wide by 8 screens tall, and you can use the tiles I've used, and if you feel the need to, make your own.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement