This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 12 May 2006 07:12:24 pm    Post subject:

alexrudd wrote:
Nice title screen - what does it say on the sides though? Roman numerals?

well the first beatmania came out in Japan in the arcades.
That one only used 5 keys to play the game. then another version came out that used 7 keys and that was called beatmania II DX(Deluxe).
so i thought id put beatmania IIIDX = beatmania 3 Deluxe
By the way, the 7-key version is in the U.S. now so you can get it at any gamestop.
Beleive me when i say this is the best game ever! Beware though because it has a really high learning curve. I've had the jap import for the PS2 for like 4 years and i still cant beat the toughest songs!
oh and the "ohs" (O's) are the notes. when the note hits one of the "zeros" (0's) thats when you press the corresponding button...Y=,Window,Zoom,Trace,Graph
Madskillz

Posted: 12 May 2006 09:23:21 pm    Post subject:

looks cool, keep it up! I too love the titlescreen. :biggrin:
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 May 2006 09:56:29 pm    Post subject:

I am not sure if you did this or not but if you put something like:

:for(K,1,10
:getkey->K
:end

you can know how fast they pressed the button.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 May 2006 09:43:35 pm    Post subject:

How, exactly? You reused K, so you don't know how many times the loop executed.
CDI

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 May 2006 01:49:35 pm    Post subject:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!

I totally made this game like 2 years ago!!!! OMG!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA I never released it because I didn't think anyone would like it Razz cool tho, yours PWNZ mine
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 15 May 2006 06:49:24 pm    Post subject:

haha so do you still have your source code CDI?
UPDATE:
Ok, ive completed all the algoryhtms or whatever so when an option changes itll incorporate it into the game. I also have a cool option where you can change the notes to any character you wish. That should make it more personal and the only big thing i havent started yet is the song create/edit option. Looks like this is going to be a tough one but ill figure something out.
--------edit---------
Ok im having some problems with adding and storing new songs(lists) to the game.
I need the song creator to make a list then have the program actually recognize a new list has been made and use it so that song will now appear ingame.
Here's my [s]First[/s] 2nd attempt:

Code:
-----Pseudo-BASIC-----
"LSONG1LSONG2......->Str5       //it'll come seperately(not inside Program..maybe as install prog...)

:Unarchvie Str5                 //ill use str5 because its not popular
:append the new song NAME to Str5
:Sub(Str5 to retrieve the name
:use the actuall results from sub as the List

The only thing i dont like about this is that the user can overwrite Str5 if they unarchive it outside the program, thus eliminating the song list.

OK, here was my first attempt but it failed..
I though i could store the list(song) name to an element inside another list.... but that didnt work because it used the letters as variables instead of strings.
then i tried to store a list into another list element but to no avail...lol
so thats what ive got...The "2nd Attempt" should work but is there a better way?
Gracias

Last edited by Guest on 18 May 2006 04:51:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 19 May 2006 04:15:58 am    Post subject:

Anyone have suggestions from my previous post?
CDI

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 May 2006 05:02:10 pm    Post subject:

No I do not have the SC, not that I would show it to anyone, it's horrible, it was like 3000b and it could have easily been 1000b o.o

As for the song methods, idk
LolBbq

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 May 2006 10:03:25 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure, but I think you can use expr(sub("LSONG1LSONG2...",5A,5 where A is the song number. Again, I'm not positive expr( can be used like that (I know it can be used with Strs like that).
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 21 May 2006 09:48:04 am    Post subject:

ok i think ive got it.
This is what i did to use a part of a string and convert it to its recognizable list form.
i use String►Equ(
ex.say i want song2 from the string and use that corresponding list name

:String►Equ(sub("LSONG1LSONG2",7,A),Y1
:AnsLMAIN

then i use the general list (MAIN) in my song routine![color=gray]

Last edited by Guest on 21 May 2006 06:00:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 May 2006 04:22:42 pm    Post subject:

That wouldn't work, because the end argument in [font="courier new"]sub() denotes the length—not the end position.

[font="courier new"]expr("LSONG"+sub("1234567890",X,1→L1

[font="courier new"]X is the song number.

Last edited by Guest on 21 May 2006 04:25:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 21 May 2006 06:05:21 pm    Post subject:

AAAAAHHHHH! :hmpf:
OMG, you wont believe this.
Ok, I've tried what you have just posted goose before and it never worked for me.
Then Lolbbq posted the same thing and it still wouldnt work, then u posted it and i was
really confused why it would not work for me?!?

Well, turns out that i kept substituting the Little "L" in front of the lists for the regular L inside the string.
No wonder it didnt work. Well now i am humbled. Thanks guys for posting the same stuff over and over so i could get it right!
-------EDIT-------
lol, ok you wont believe this either! Man ive been overthinking this one
this works too:

sub("......",A,B→L1

expr( doesnt even need to be used....!
The Ans from this is the actuall string name but it still puts the contents of the one list into the other.

Last edited by Guest on 21 May 2006 06:15:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement