This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 03 May 2006 09:41:32 am    Post subject:

Lyricalwolf introduces ...

:biggrin: sry about the corny intro guys i just didnt know how else to start off haha...anywho, ive finished a rough draft version of my ddr/beatmania game.
well actually its more like beatmania if youve ever played the series from konami/ps2.
so far i have 4 notes that scroll from the bottom to the to pof the screen and when each not hits the top line you have to push the corresponding button for that note to get a point. I've seen and downloaded a DDR asm game and thought id try my hand at it.
Ive tried both home and graph screen modes...and of course i stuck with the homesreen lol...anyways its really fun but the songs take up alot of memory in the form of lists so i might try to put em to strings but i dont like the idea.

KK on to my Questions....
well i was wondering if there was anything close to rendering and accepting 2 or more button presses at once. what i mean is when i use getKey can the calc recognize 2 button down at once...in BASIC. i know its possible in asm but im curious if basic can do something at least similar if not exactly what i want.

well since i dont have any ti-ware at the moment...i'll wait to post my code and lists of my songs ive made for it..there awesome really!

well im working on gettin 5 notes wide onscreen at once with 8 lines of that.......so possibly a total of 40 notes onscreen at once! all scrolling lol...and guess what im pretty close with VERY fast speed....

ok guys tell me what ya think? Smile Smile Smile
CDI

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 May 2006 10:03:22 am    Post subject:

The numpad is good for multi keypresses... (7 would be up and left, ect.) other than that, sounds good.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 May 2006 11:25:26 am    Post subject:

you'll have to use an ASM library to get multiple keypresses, there are tons of them around i think.
Fortunately getkey is so very slow that you dont lose much speed if you trade it in for an ASM program.
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 04 May 2006 12:32:21 am    Post subject:

yeah i know. I was afraid you were gunna say that. was hoping that maybe one of these BASIC gurus new anything everyone else didnt. hmm well i guess ill use an asm lib.

hahah well so far its lookin good! ive got a 3, 4, and 5 note versions of the game.
im using disp " to scroll the notes upward. It's an awesome technique to use and very fast, but one prob is that i cant have anything outputted to the homescreen without being scrolled along lol...

here's my 3 note version feel free to try it and suggest anything that i could do to improve upon it

Code:
Clrhome
Delvar ADelvarSFor(C,1,7
Disp "
End
"OO__->Str0                      // 2 spaces after the O's
For(A,1,dim(LII3               // LII3 is the list that has the song info
getKey
Output(8,4iPart(LII3(A)),sub(Str0,10fPart(LII3(A)),2
If A>7
S+(Ans-11=iPart(LII3(A-7->S      //Keeps Score  
Disp "
Output(2,1,S
Output(1,1,"***__**__**__***   //each __ is 2 spaces
For(C,1,50                                 //tempo of song
End
End

There it is and now you need a list to play the song
mine is this:
{1.1,1.3,3.1,3.3,1.1,1.3,..........

the iPart is the location of the note....1 is the left note...2 is the center.....and 3 is the right note
the fPart is of the note is on or off.... .1 means to display it .3 means a blank
so you can make your own list since i dont have alink cable... sry Wink

last but not least is use the window button for the left note, the zoom button for the center note and the trace button for the right note!

I still have lots to do....Options, Highscores, Menus, Tempos, Difficulty lvls but fear not because it shall be done!

Oh and if you dont know what you are supposed to do to play you need to hit the corresponding button to the note when it reaches the top line to get a point

Last edited by Guest on 04 May 2006 12:37:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 May 2006 12:56:24 am    Post subject:

A few changes here and there:

[font="courier new"]ClrHome
DelVar ADelVar SFor(C,1,7
Disp "
End
For(A,1,dim(LII3
LII3(A
Output(8,4,4iPart(Ans),sub("OO__",10fPart(Ans),2
If A>7
S+(getKey-11=iPart(LII3(A-7→S
Disp "
Output(1,1,"***__**__**__***
Output(2,1,S
rand(3
End

Your coding looks to be in great form—I hope to see more of it. Smile

Last edited by Guest on 04 May 2006 12:56:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 04 May 2006 01:28:56 am    Post subject:

ah of course, the use of ans.....
then couldn't
[font="Courier"]S+(getKey-11=iPart(LII3(A-7→S

be...
[font="Courier"]S+(getKey-11=iPart(Ans->S

oh and just to correct in case someone puts the code in their calc
you also put
[font="Courier"]Output(8,4,4iPart(Ans),sub("OO__",10fPart(Ans),2
which should be...
[font="Courier"]Output(8,4iPart(Ans),sub("OO__",10fPart(Ans),2

ommitting the accidental 4 in the beginning

Hey thnx Goose i was hoping youd reply... since ive noticed your probably the best BASIC programmer here ( not intended to offend others..just from what ive seen )
cool thnx ill implement this into my other versions and when i have another but better rough version of the game ill post the code! Gracias
programmer_to_be
Jesus is my Lord and Saviour.

Elite

Posted: 04 May 2006 07:07:40 pm    Post subject:

This is looking good. I hope to see more of the game. Please don't stop this project! There are too many unfinished projects! Laughing I'm going to finish my game too. I decided that I can't stay away from programming, so I'm gonna finish my game that I'm working on. Every time I start to think of new ideas for a game, I just block them out and think of other things!
CDI

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 May 2006 08:17:08 pm    Post subject:

Like I said, NUMPAD you have one ^^ use it
axcho

Posted: 04 May 2006 08:22:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Hey thnx Goose i was hoping youd reply... since ive noticed your probably the best BASIC programmer here ( not intended to offend others..just from what ive seen )
Heh heh. Well, he is the most active in writing code examples for people here. So he probably gets a lot of practice and could beat most of us in a direct coding competition. But game design? I haven't really seen his work in that area. So at least that aspect is up for grabs!

Well, it's nice to have someone as skilled as him to rely on. Otherwise, I'd have to spend a lot more time answering your silly questions. Razz Thank you Weregoose! Smile
programmer_to_be

Elite

Posted: 05 May 2006 07:27:49 am    Post subject:

CDI wrote:
Like I said, NUMPAD you have one ^^ use it
[post="78194"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree, probably the best Basic way to do that.
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 05 May 2006 10:39:18 pm    Post subject:

yes i also agree that's the best way to do pseudo-multiple keypresses in BASIC.
But, sry to say it will not be intuitive for my game. It's not arrows im using, each note look the same as the other one.. i could do it that way but then even i couldnt beat my own lvls lol....excellent idea though ill try to incorporate it into something else in the game..well thnx for the input!

Peace out---

edit.......

OK, well ive got my main menu screen up and running
its pretty cool.. here's the code if anyone can optimize it a little.

Code:
:ClrDraw:RecallPic 5
:Delvar K33->A:1->B
:While K != 21
:Delvar KFor(C,0,LBX(2B)-1
:Text(A,29+C,sub("__)8)___)8)8)__)8)8)8)__)8)!7!)__",LBX(2B-1)+C,1       //Its 2 spaces then 3,2,2,2 spaces
:End
:While not(K
:getKey->K
:A->D
:A+6(K=34)-6(K=25->A
:If A<33:51->A
:If A>51:33->A
:(((A/3)-10)+1)/2->B        //That's (A=33)+2(A=39)+3(A=45)+4(A=51->B optimized
:Text(D,29,"_______         // 7 spaces

thnx! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Guest on 07 May 2006 11:50:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 07 May 2006 11:59:35 pm    Post subject:

Bump..sry i thought my edit would put the other post up to date but it doesnt i guess.
so read my previous edit!
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 May 2006 01:42:39 am    Post subject:

It's been two days since your previous post, so I think it's fine to make another one without considering it a "bump."

Here you go:

[font="courier new"]ClrDraw
RecallPic 5
33→A:1→B
Repeat K=21
For(C,0,LBX(2Ans)-1
Text(A,C+29,sub("░░)8)░░░)8)8)░░)8)8)8)░░)8)!7!)░░",LBX(2Ans-1)+C,1 // 2, 3, 2, 2, 2 spaces
End
A→D
Repeat Ans
getKey→K
End
A+6((Ans=34)-(Ans=25
Ans+24((Ans=27)-(Ans=57→A
Ans/6-4.5→B
Text(D,29,"░░░░░░░ // 7 spaces
End

It would be favorable to turn off the grid and axes, as well as any previously-defined plots or functions that would intrude on the graph screen. (Don't worry about the displaying of coordinates, labels, or expressions.) Finally, storing to a graph database before the program should change stuff around and then recalling it at the end of the program would be beneficial to the user—it's nice to not have to manually set all the preferences again afterwards.

Last edited by Guest on 08 May 2006 01:43:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 May 2006 07:36:17 am    Post subject:

You really should use numbpad though for one reason. A player can now hold the arrows down if there are multiple of the same in a row.
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 09 May 2006 06:23:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
You really should use numbpad though for one reason. A player can now hold the arrows down if there are multiple of the same in a row.

??? I dont think i unsderstand exactly what u mean.
well, first of all there will never be the same position of notes in a row. In a column yes but not in a row. And second im not using any kind of arrows in this game, it's only like DDR in thats its notes(not arrows scroll upwards). hmm, could you explain better because the way i see it the numpad would be not intuitive AT ALL!
There are going to be 5 notes and each note is on its own x-coordinate.
thnx!
-----------------------
Oh and by the way thnx weregoose for the optimization. It saved me about 40 bytes and that is no small chunk! I felt kinda dumb after i saw your code. Lol, well im learning slowly but surely and next time i hope your optimizing will be less. And as for the GDB and FNoff, yeah that'll be in there i just didnt put it as a part to be optimized (although i dont know why i put the RecallPic in either.....)

Well, thnx guys and keep postin' Razz
CDI

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 May 2006 08:18:13 pm    Post subject:

*pounds fists

SCREEN SHOT!!

SCREEN SHOT!!!
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 11 May 2006 08:37:43 pm    Post subject:

lol, well since i dont have a working USB port for my 83+SE. i havent put one up yet.
okay i guess ill maunually input it into vti or something and run it and get a screen.
dont expect much though. lol the menu looks awesome but the actuall game is run off the homescreen..only way to do this type of thing without asm so....
but ill post it next post!
---------------EDIT-------------
k guys here ya go!!

BeatmaniaBeatmania

Last edited by Guest on 12 May 2006 12:05:17 am; edited 1 time in total
programmer_to_be

Elite

Posted: 12 May 2006 07:35:03 am    Post subject:

*Drools* OMG! Those are pretty nice. But I'm not fully understanding the home-screen pic. What are the zeros? Are you supposed to like hit the F buttons at the top of the calc?
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 12 May 2006 04:50:23 pm    Post subject:

programmer_to_be wrote:
What are the zeros?
The "notes."
Quote:
Are you supposed to like hit the F buttons at the top of the calc?  [post="79072"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Yes.

Nice title screen - what does it say on the sides though? Roman numerals?
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 12 May 2006 07:00:46 pm    Post subject:

[QUOTE=alexrudd]Nice title screen - what does it say on the sides though? Roman numerals?[quote]
well the first beatmania came out in Japan in the arcades.
That one only used 5 keys to play the game. then another version came out that used 7 keys and that was called beatmania II DX(Deluxe).
so i thought id put beatmania IIIDX = beatmania 3 Deluxe
By the way, the 7-key version is in the U.S. now so you can get it at any gamestop.
Beleive me when i say this is the best game ever! Beware though because it has a really high learning curve. I've had the jap import for the PS2 for like 4 years and i still cant beat the toughest songs!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement