This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Ben Trettel

Posted: 29 Aug 2003 02:43:28 pm    Post subject:

My friend Kevin showed me his calc with a really weird thing that wasn't really a problem, since it was fixed when he pulled out the batteries. He was able to get Blue, Red, a dark Green and various other colors to flash down his screen in lines. It was some error that happened when he quit MirageOS. He told me the programs that he ran before it, it was first a program I helped him make called SpedCalc and then FallDown. He tried it again and it didn't work. What caused this glitch?
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 29 Aug 2003 03:33:04 pm    Post subject:

Red and green??? I would have no idea. I didn't know that was even possible. Neutral
Ben Trettel

Posted: 30 Aug 2003 09:45:06 am    Post subject:

I swear. I'm not lying. They were a dark red and green though, but it still was red and green.
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 30 Aug 2003 03:42:21 pm    Post subject:

woah! red and green. um, unless he replaced the TI screen with something else, I'm clueless, Try going to DS. Not only did they program mirage, but they also work with the hardware stuff, and know a lot more about it than us UTI people.
Ben Trettel

Posted: 30 Aug 2003 06:17:26 pm    Post subject:

I may go to Detached Solutions someday, but don't count on it becasue I really dislike phpBB. It makes me puke.
Knowing my friend, he has never even opened his calc. If this happens again I'll tell him to not pull the batteries so I can take a pic of it. Maybe someone someday could figure out how the colors appeared and we could have color games. Maybe even do some grayscale type stuff but with colors to make even more colors.
NextPerception

Posted: 12 Sep 2003 10:10:11 pm    Post subject:

Even With red and green I really don't think we would be able to use them for games because if they are anything like blue lines then they can only apear in rows. Neutral Sad
NextPerception

Posted: 12 Sep 2003 10:14:10 pm    Post subject:

if these colors are anything like the blue lines they are probably a more severe case of overloading the lcd or a negative voltage running through it. the first is more likely. this is only an educated guess tho. I could even have just been a wire got loose inside the calc and rubbed up against the lcd wires thus adding a lot to the voltage.
Ben Trettel

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 01:03:17 pm    Post subject:

NextPerception wrote:
Even With red and green I really don't think we would be able to use them for games because if they are anything like blue lines then they can only apear in rows. Neutral  Sad

Yeah, the blue was in lines. The red and green were around the lines sometimes, and sometimes just in "spots".
Flash
Umpa Loompa

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 10:21:53 pm    Post subject:

*opens his calculator and rubs wires together*
this gives my the idea of taking my "ti-83 SE+" (aka Casio that doesnt work) apart and somehow switching screens with my ti83+... im not good at all with hardware stuff, but if all goes well ill only have 1 broken calculator and if im really lucky my ti83+ will have color Very Happy

Wacko Wacko Wacko
flash will soon need to buy a new ti83+
Wacko Wacko Wacko
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 14 Sep 2003 01:42:07 pm    Post subject:

um...major rewiring...and maybe more components...uh...and programming...

You'd probably need some of the other casio hardware and software, plus some Casio/TI asm knowledge
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement