This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Plague

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 10:33:02 pm    Post subject:

i ment out of the launguages listed there in chrono order some what
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 10:43:11 pm    Post subject:

Plague wrote:
what problems you have with it?  everything i have tried works just fine
[post="73417"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

the tutorial is really bad.
Plague

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 10:55:58 pm    Post subject:

oh, yeah the tut sux. but that means i have fun messing with it on my own and spamming their email with Q's lol
CoBB

Posted: 30 Mar 2006 02:12:23 am    Post subject:

elfprince13 wrote:
tpasm and zasm are both poorly documented and dont work well. caz is just crap. wla dx is hard to setup and not really designed for writing games on a TI calculator.

So are those four all you can get your hands on?

elfprince13 wrote:
and btw....I never specified I was using a Mac. I said it was multiplatform. I was use both Macs and Windows on a regular basis and being able to use the same tools on both is a plus. actually as Ive complained before, finding an assembler that works on a Mac is a plus.

Why does it have to be the same tool? If they can handle the same data, that should be enough.

elfprince13 wrote:
2nd, even if I could get tpasm or zasm working, the syntax is not tasm compatible and thus anyone using tasm (read 99% of the TI community) would either be out in the cold or stuck converting the syntax manually if they wanted to do something with it

Well, if two assemblers use the same syntax for the instructions (so there's no Motorola style vs. Intel style kind of difference), you could easily do the conversion automatically, just use macros instead of assembler specific directives and run it through the C preprocessor (gcc -E -P -x c -o output.txt input.txt) to generate both versions.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Mar 2006 08:41:11 am    Post subject:

CoBB wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
tpasm and zasm are both poorly documented and dont work well. caz is just crap. wla dx is hard to setup and not really designed for writing games on a TI calculator.

So are those four all you can get your hands on?

yup. oh and I had tasm running under DOSBox but that tok 15 minutes to assemble Hello World....

Quote:
elfprince13 wrote:
and btw....I never specified I was using a Mac. I said it was multiplatform. I was use both Macs and Windows on a regular basis and being able to use the same tools on both is a plus. actually as Ive complained before, finding an assembler that works on a Mac is a plus.

Why does it have to be the same tool? If they can handle the same data, that should be enough.

'cause Im lazy. multi-platformness is a nice attribute no matter what you say. thus if there are tools that run on *nix and Windows I will choose those over Windows only tools 9 times out of 10 (unless the Windows one has a serious advantage of the *nix one).

Quote:
elfprince13 wrote:
2nd, even if I could get tpasm or zasm working, the syntax is not tasm compatible and thus anyone using tasm (read 99% of the TI community) would either be out in the cold or stuck converting the syntax manually if they wanted to do something with it

Well, if two assemblers use the same syntax for the instructions (so there's no Motorola style vs. Intel style kind of difference), you could easily do the conversion automatically, just use macros instead of assembler specific directives and run it through the C preprocessor (gcc -E -P -x c -o output.txt input.txt) to generate both versions.

soundsa good.
CoBB

Posted: 30 Mar 2006 10:09:29 am    Post subject:

elfprince13 wrote:
yup. oh and I had tasm running under DOSBox but that tok 15 minutes to assemble Hello World....

What about this or this? Might not be the best options, since I only used about one minute of googling, but still...

elfprince13 wrote:
multi-platformness is a nice attribute no matter what you say.

Normally it is indeed, but it is of minuscule significance in the case of a cross-assembler for a widespread target platform.
lolje

Posted: 30 Mar 2006 10:33:58 am    Post subject:

Sad seems as if we'll get stuck with the mem limit again...
Great idea,though
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement