This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Plague

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 12:17:31 am    Post subject:

hey, anyone working on a program like tigcc for the 83+ (if its possible) becuase although i have an 89, im the only one in my school, so i cant share any programs i make with it, and 83+ Basic is to slow. ASM i have no clue, i tried learning it, to complicated, C++ i could handle.

Or is there any other simple way to write ASM speed programs in a more...ummm...basic launguage. Neutral
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 10:16:34 am    Post subject:

If I remember correctly, I believe AlienCC was working on something like this...

You could always try things like TI-Power Gold, but I don't recommend it. If you're gonna learn ASM, do it the hardcore way!

Last edited by Guest on 29 Mar 2006 10:17:35 am; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 10:28:38 am    Post subject:

there is the TISDCC and a couple others for programming C on the 83+ series. also Kllrnohj on Cemetech wrote a bunch of routines for it.
Madskillz

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 01:29:59 pm    Post subject:

Goto ticalc.org, I know there is at least one c-asm file there, dont know how good it is, but they would be the place to go to find one.

ticalc.org link to file: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/380/38061.html

Last edited by Guest on 29 Mar 2006 01:30:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 02:09:44 pm    Post subject:

yah...thats TISDCC. its pretty good.
CoBB

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 02:23:35 pm    Post subject:

It produces terrible code.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 03:57:17 pm    Post subject:

it works on any platform (unlike tasm or the latenite/brass/earlymorning suite). it makes games that are faster than basic.

Its easier to program than Asm.
CoBB

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 05:02:46 pm    Post subject:

If someone can really program in C, they can also program in assembly. Just because something is written in C, it's still not platform independent, if the libraries it relies on aren't.

As for the development platform, it's hard to believe there are no useful Z80 assemblers for your Mac... If you can compile C programs, you can compile one of the free assemblers (e. g. tpasm) and there you go...
Plague

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 08:16:52 pm    Post subject:

my problem isnt that i cant compile asm, its that i dont undertsand a lot of teh launguage, liek teh memory registers and stuff. in c++ (not C) its much easier and i undertsand it enough i can make some decent programs (for windows atm)

i tried learning asm many times, but i cant find a tutorial that explaisn the launguage in "english" "english". They try linking it to thing si dont understand.

I can program in ti basic, c++, php, html, that sort of thing. I guess maybe im just stupid.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 08:44:00 pm    Post subject:

don't feel bad. there are people in this forum who can't program, but just like helping others with ideas. (like myself Very Happy)
Tiberious726

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 08:50:09 pm    Post subject:

C++ is a dirivation of C, it is similar tho they use many different libraries, C++ was basically an Object Orented "improvement" thrown ontop of C, i prefer C but sentaxically there is little difference

assembly is a 2nd generation computer language and is therefore a little harder to understand at first for humans link on wikipedia

i believe one of the most reputable guides to learning asm for 83 series calcuators is the learn ASM in 28 days one, (cant find link now....)
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 09:03:56 pm    Post subject:

you mean ASM was created after C? Isn't there also objective-C, an OOP version?
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 09:08:07 pm    Post subject:

CoBB wrote:
If someone can really program in C, they can also program in assembly. Just because something is written in C, it's still not platform independent, if the libraries it relies on aren't.

As for the development platform, it's hard to believe there are no useful Z80 assemblers for your Mac... If you can compile C programs, you can compile one of the free assemblers (e. g. tpasm) and there you go...
[post="73343"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

if its POSIX based command line tool, you should be able to make it run on anything with a little work. (cygwin ^-^ on windows. normal libraries on almost everything else.)

tpasm and zasm are both poorly documented and dont work well. caz is just crap. wla dx is hard to setup and not really designed for writing games on a TI calculator.

and btw....I never specified I was using a Mac. I said it was multiplatform. I was use both Macs and Windows on a regular basis and being able to use the same tools on both is a plus. actually as Ive complained before, finding an assembler that works on a Mac is a plus.

2nd, even if I could get tpasm or zasm working, the syntax is not tasm compatible and thus anyone using tasm (read 99% of the TI community) would either be out in the cold or stuck converting the syntax manually if they wanted to do something with it

Last edited by Guest on 29 Mar 2006 09:14:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 09:10:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
you mean ASM was created after C?

C's 3rd generation.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 09:14:12 pm    Post subject:

No, C is built from asm.

First generation is ones and zeroes. The very first computer programs were in straight binary. Programmers had to know exactly what a processor would do given 10100011 as input. Binary can be run directly on a processor; it is the lowest level possible.
Second generation (asm) is a step up from binary. Early coders created human-readable structures that were translated into binary. "add" and "sbc" make a lot more sense than 00101010 and 11100010 or whatever. asm is compiled - translated into ones and zeroes - before run.
Third generation (basic, c, c++) is built on top of asm. Since asm, although better than binary, is still hard for the average user, people developed even more human-like code. Line(X1,Y1,X2,Y2) is much easier to use than whatever asm it gets changed to. These languages must be translated twice: first to assembly, then to binary.
Fourth generation (?) - I assume this would be interpreted languages. Like the syntax of using real( with Omnicalc.

I've probably butchered the technical details, but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 09:31:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
No, C is built from asm.

I'm going to assume because of this:

Quote:
Third generation (basic, c, c++)

That 'No' wasn't directed at me.

Quote:
Fourth generation (?) - I assume this would be interpreted languages.

Don't forget that BASIC is an interpreted language and it's still 3rd generation. But yeah, fourth generation is something like SQL: "SELECT * FROM USERS WHERE ID='3451';". Other 4GL's include a report generator.

Fifth generation is commonly held (although some say it's AI, etc) to be RAD's like Visual Basic.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Mar 2006 09:34:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Plague

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 10:24:21 pm    Post subject:

this is more what im talking about:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/384/38444.html

this seems very simple to use, maybe i can figure it out.

also, i can learn c++, but i cant understand c. i know c++ is an addon of sorts to c but it adds enuff to make it easy enuff for stupid peoiple liek me to understand it.

order of launguages: binary (010101)> ASM > C > Basic/C++/etc... > other new laungueages, most of which only a few have even heard of that basicaly compile it into c, then into asm, then to binary....
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 10:26:24 pm    Post subject:

Plague wrote:
this is more what im talking about:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/384/38444.html

this seems very simple to use, maybe i can figure it out.

please let me know if you do....Ill have to give it another shot.
Plague

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 10:28:22 pm    Post subject:

what problems you have with it? everything i have tried works just fine
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 10:31:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
order of launguages: binary (010101)> ASM > C > Basic/C++/etc... > other new laungueages, most of which only a few have even heard of that basicaly compile it into c, then into asm, then to binary....

Uh, not at all. If you're trying to put them in chronilogical order you're still wrong. C is FAR from the third language ever made. And most compilers do NOT compile to C at all, they go straight to assembly and then binary Neutral

Last edited by Guest on 29 Mar 2006 10:32:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement