This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. 68k Calculator Basic => TI-BASIC
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Mar 2006 08:14:10 pm    Post subject:

copy everything useful to ram, clear archive, delete folders.

or if it's not in archive, archive everything useful, clear ram, delete folders.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 28 Mar 2006 11:19:51 pm    Post subject:

It probably WOULD archive itself to maximize annoyance, as APPS would be deleted if you cleared the archive. Use PowerComPress to make backups of all your folders, move them somewhere safe (maybe a temp folder), delete all other folders, uncompress the backups. Having backups is always useful anyway.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Mar 2006 11:33:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
sexybear979

Posted: 30 Mar 2006 03:29:05 pm    Post subject:

DarkerLine wrote:
copy everything useful to ram, clear archive, delete folders.

or if it's not in archive, archive everything useful, clear ram, delete folders.
[post="73277"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

ummmm... in a program?

here's my code now for variable assignment:

Code:
char(rand(26)+96)&char(rand(26)+96)&char(rand(26)+96)->varname
"pwned"->#varname
Archive #varname
Delvar varname

the reason I delete varname at the end is because "#varname" is not the same as "varname". if I were to not delete "varname", it would mean that that variable could serve as a key to delete the other random file in the folder.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Mar 2006 03:52:13 pm    Post subject:

sexybear979 wrote:
ummmm... in a program?
No, that's instructions on how to "recover" from the program.

Quote:
here's my code now for variable assignment:

Code:
char(rand(26)+96)&char(rand(26)+96)&char(rand(26)+96)->varname
"pwned"->#varname
Archive #varname
Delvar varname

the reason I delete varname at the end is because "#varname" is not the same as "varname". if I were to not delete "varname", it would mean that that variable could serve as a key to delete the other random file in the folder.
[post="73473"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
You could also make varname a local variable.

Oh and to make matters worse, instead of using just the regular alphabetic characters, you could use all 133 that are valid for naming a variable. It would be slightly more complicated code, but also worse for fixing by writing a program.
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 31 Mar 2006 07:41:19 am    Post subject:

DarkerLine wrote:
You could also make varname a local variable.
[post="73477"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:ninja: Why bother? :ninja:

I took the liberty of writing a simple screensaver/virus. It's not very efficient, and it doesn't mess up all the mode settings, but it works. Make sure they're in MAIN. You'll have to slightly modify virus1 if you want to change them to more insidious names, but oh well. It only localizes one variable! :ninja:

What it does is it creates a completely random folder, and then stores and archives undef+undef*i to A-θ, after writing undef+undef*i to A-θ in the current folder too. It does this over, and over, and looks like a very slow and inefficient screensaver on the outside.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 Mar 2006 10:47:15 am    Post subject:

Because if you make it local you won't have to worry about DelVar.
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 31 Mar 2006 04:56:51 pm    Post subject:

I guess so, but I just decided not to so I could be obnoxious and leave extra variables lying around.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 Mar 2006 05:47:55 pm    Post subject:

But then, like sexybear979 said, you could write a program that would use that to automatically delete all the variables you created.

0->p
Loop
setFold(#("main"&string(p))
UnArchive #varname
DelVar #varname
DelVar varname
DelFold #("main"&string(p)
p+1->p
EndLoop
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 31 Mar 2006 07:19:23 pm    Post subject:

0->p
Loop
setFold(#("main"&string(p)) //Sets the folder to main0?
UnArchive #varname
DelVar #varname
DelVar varname
DelFold #("main"&string(p))
p+1->p //The next time around it will set the folder to main1, and then main2. I don't really get this, but there's probably something I'm missing.
EndLoop

The extra variables are mainly leftovers from for loops, nothing that could compromise the program's annoyance, AFAIK.

Last edited by Guest on 31 Mar 2006 07:24:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 Mar 2006 10:13:19 pm    Post subject:

It goes back to each of the folders the annoying program created. It then picks up the variable varname which you forgot to delete. This variable will contain the name of the archived and locked variable created in each folder. By unarchiving / unlocking / deleting #varname you will delete the annoying variable, after which you can go ahead and delete varname, then empty the folder. Essentially this reverses the annoying program's effects, something that must be done manually if you delete varname.
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 31 Mar 2006 10:44:08 pm    Post subject:

Varname doesn't exist in my annoying program, but yes, I can see the security issues that may be posed. The variables I don't delete simply contain random numbers.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 Mar 2006 10:48:54 pm    Post subject:

I see, I was referring back to http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?showtopi...indpost&p=73473
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 31 Mar 2006 10:50:22 pm    Post subject:

Oh, sorry. I was talking about my program. If his does make a list of all the variables, then yes, it should be localized. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
sexybear979

Posted: 01 Apr 2006 11:56:11 pm    Post subject:

Here's my almost final version:

Code:
//Why bother leaving a local var? let them clean up the mess
1⇒p
Loop
Newfold #("main"&string(p))
(char(rand(26)+96)&char(rand(26)+96)&char(rand(26)+96))⇒varname
"pwned"⇒#varname
Archive #varname
Delvar varname
Disp p
1+p⇒p
EndLoop
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement