This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 24 Mar 2006 09:32:41 am    Post subject:

File Name :: Pathways (basic contest winner)
Author :: alexrudd
Category :: Ti-83plus Basic Games
Description ::
Pathways is an original strategy game written for the TI-83+ family in TI-BASIC with an assembly library. (Zsprite) It was the winner of the first ever United-TI TI-BASIC Programming Contest. The objective is to score points by creating pathways with arrows placed on a playing board. Gameplay is completely original and unique.

Features:
Only one subroutine required for operation, no additional files needed.
Options menu for customizable gameplay. Change background color, arrow type, and more.
4 different original arrow designs
Automated save/restore using a single list stored in archive.
Fully functioning AI with customizable intelligence for one player gameplay
On-calc explanation of rules for easier play
Full commented source and documentation included
Scoring with commentary and a prize for the winner

Thanks to bukwirm for finding a typo in the original version. I will post a screenshot as soon as I get one.

View File
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Mar 2006 01:19:28 pm    Post subject:

very sweet. I like it.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Mar 2006 03:44:39 pm    Post subject:

Sounds very good. How big is it on-calc? I might try it if it fits...
bukwirm

Posted: 24 Mar 2006 04:55:19 pm    Post subject:

It appears to take a total of 4458 bytes - 4107 for the main program, and 351 for the subroutine.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 25 Mar 2006 04:49:28 pm    Post subject:

Actual execution takes a bit more RAM since it uses a matrix, etc. Unfortunately I don't remember exactly how much.
bukwirm

Posted: 25 Mar 2006 11:13:13 pm    Post subject:

GBD9 - 119, Pic9 - 767, [A] - 704; total 1590 + 4458 from programs = 6048 bytes.

Pretty small, really.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement