This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 04:18:39 pm    Post subject:

how do you like my signature? hit refresh a couple of times....look at the source if you have to :-0
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 04:40:03 pm    Post subject:

Any chance on sizing it down a smidgen? I thought it was part of your post. Very Happy
I wanted to do something like this for my avatar when I joined, but to no avail.
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 04:56:22 pm    Post subject:

I *think* IPB automatically detects such images and the requisite permissions must be set in AdminCP
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 05:10:04 pm    Post subject:

*I* think you could shorten the signature somehow... either that or it will mysteriously shorten itself :ninja:
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 06:10:26 pm    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
Any chance on sizing it down a smidgen? I thought it was part of your post. Very Happy
I wanted to do something like this for my avatar when I joined, but to no avail.

do you have a host that supports both .htaccess and php?
and Ill cut the size in half too.

Rezek wrote:
I *think* IPB automatically detects such images and the requisite permissions must be set in AdminCP

oh, my address is a perfectly legit one and doesn't get noticed by IPB at all. nothing funky happens till your computer tries to access it. Its a work around for the no php-in-img limitation to BBCode

DarkerLine wrote:
*I* think you could shorten the signature somehow... either that or it will mysteriously shorten itself :ninja:

sure I could do that
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 06:28:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
oh, my address is a perfectly legit one and doesn't get noticed by IPB at all. nothing funky happens till your computer tries to access it. Its a work around for the no php-in-img limitation to BBCode

I've got news for you, IPB detects that as well Wink
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 06:32:20 pm    Post subject:

well...its letting it through. and it doesn't let the raw php address through. hence my conclusion.

and there actually is a valid image file at http://rancidmoose.5gigs.com/signature/img.gif. Its just that when you try to actually view it, my htaccess redirects your browser here: http://rancidmoose.5gigs.com/signature.php...src=./&maxw=100
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 06:37:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
well...its letting it through. and it doesn't let the raw php address through. hence my conclusion.

Obviously, nobody disabled it. Hope that they don't, too :)

Quote:
and there actually is a valid image file at http://rancidmoose.5gigs.com/signature/img.gif. Its just that when you try to actually view it, my htaccess redirects your browser here: http://rancidmoose.5gigs.com/signature.php...src=./&maxw=100

Why don't you just set it so that it will interpret img.gif as a php file? That seems the easiest way. Is what you're doing now using mod_rewrite?
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 09:10:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Obviously, nobody disabled it. Hope that they don't, too smile.gif

It is disabled. Ive tried. observe:

Quote:
THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
Sorry, dynamic pages in the [IMG] tags are not allowed

try it for yourself :-p

No, I just use:

Code:

Redirect signature/img.gif [url="http://rancidmoose.5gigs.com/signature.php?gd=2&src=./&maxw=100"]http://rancidmoose.5gigs.com/signature.php...src=./&maxw=100[/url]

Last edited by Guest on 12 Mar 2006 09:12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 09:24:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
It is disabled. Ive tried. observe:

Quote:

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
Sorry, dynamic pages in the [IMG] tags are not allowed

try it for yourself :-p

Obviously it's not or your signature wouldn't work. I meant that they hadn't disabled dynamic images, such as gifs that are interpreted as php scripts.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 09:35:45 pm    Post subject:

except that my image isn't interpreted as a PHP script.... just redirected to one :D

basically, IPB just doesn't like the PHP extension. if it has an image ending, and it sends image data, there is no way to tell the difference Very Happy unless the server is smart enough to figure out the im not constantly uploading a different image.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Mar 2006 09:37:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 09:51:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
except that my image isn't interpreted as a PHP script.... just redirected to one

Right, and IPB detects that.

Quote:
basically, IPB just doesn't like the PHP extension. if it has an image ending, and it sends image data, there is no way to tell the difference

Uh, IPB doesn't just use the extension, that's what I'm trying to tell you. If somebody wanted to stop your signature, all they have to do is go into AdminCP and turn off dynamic images. Whammo, your sig doesn't display anymore (I think it'll just say 'user posted image').
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 09:56:19 pm    Post subject:

Hate to disappoint you, but the "dynamic images" option is already turned off.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 10:05:31 pm    Post subject:

DarkerLine wrote:

as I was saying..... :ninja:
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Mar 2006 12:13:16 am    Post subject:

UTI allows an .htaccess file? I thought not...
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Mar 2006 12:15:15 am    Post subject:

im using it on my 5gigs account. UTI doesn't.
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 13 Mar 2006 07:37:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:

You didn't disappoint me, just surprised the heck out of me. Are you sure there isn't another option like that?

Elfprince13: So is it just redirecting to another image that already exists on the server, or is the image itself made by the php script?

[EDIT]

Oohh, are some of those images hand drawn? I like the x-wing thing!

Last edited by Guest on 13 Mar 2006 07:42:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Mar 2006 07:58:11 am    Post subject:

IPB has no way of knowing that the image is somehow given by a php script due to the .htaccess file.

It doesn't check when such an URL is entered manually through the admin CP (edit user) though, which is how I once set up my random avatar thing because I didn't want to use .htaccess.

Your client reads http://rancidmoose.5gigs.com/signature/img.gif, opens that URL, the apache server runs a php script due to the .htaccess file, and returns image data. Your client can't even know how the server is getting that image data.

If dynamic images where turned off, then URL's for images that show that it's a server side script or anything of that sort won't be accepted. it does nothing advanced, simply checks the URL makeup.

*turns signatures off again*

Last edited by Guest on 13 Mar 2006 08:08:41 am; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Mar 2006 08:53:31 am    Post subject:

Rezek wrote:
Elfprince13: So is it just redirecting to another image that already exists on the server, or is the image itself made by the php script?

[EDIT]

Oohh, are some of those images hand drawn? I like the x-wing thing!

exactly. Instead of letting you read img.gif (a blank 96*64 picture), it pulls a random image out of my gallery.

Quite a few of them are hand drawn. Most of them are mine. The lighthouse was drawn by a friends brother, but Im hosting it for him. The x-wing thing is actually a Z-95 Headhunter which was the predecessor to the x-wing.

The 3-winged TIE Fighterish thing is a TIE defender. I drew both of those.

Arcane Wizard wrote:
Your client reads http://rancidmoose.5gigs.com/signature/img.gif, opens that URL, the apache server runs a php script due to the .htaccess file, and returns image data. Your client can't even know how the server is getting that image data.

If dynamic images where turned off, then URL's for images that show that it's a server side script or anything of that sort won't be accepted. it does nothing advanced, simply checks the URL makeup.

thats what I was trying to say.
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 13 Mar 2006 05:09:28 pm    Post subject:

I am 99.9% certain that IPB checks more than just the extension, but as I can't give a clear example I'll concede the point.

Quote:
Quite a few of them are hand drawn. Most of them are mine. The lighthouse was drawn by a friends brother, but Im hosting it for him. The x-wing thing is actually a Z-95 Headhunter which was the predecessor to the x-wing.

Nice. I like the handrawn ones the best I think, that and the odd swirls ones. Razz
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement