This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
MaxVT103

Posted: 24 Aug 2003 02:23:28 pm    Post subject:

I am having trouble getting my routine to work at all. I know theirs got to be some major mistakes in it somewhere but it would be a big help if someone could help me fix it so that I can finish writing my hockey game. Here's the code and the idea behind it. Hopefully someone can help me with my shear stupidity on this.

;the idea behind this routine is to input the 2 points to create a box and then check and see of a variable such as a cursor is in the area to be checked by
;increasing the b and c valuse then multiplying them together and taking the h and l valus and comparing bc to hl.
;the registers are b,c,d,e
;to input these into the program please make sure they are in this order for it to work.
; top left point (b,c)
; I I
; I I
; d = width of box
; e = height of box
;
;For the selected input of what is to e in this area use the variable h(xcor) and l(ycor) = hl
;Output: Register A will either be on with a value of 1 or off with a value of 0
#ifdef cselect
checkselect:
jp checkselect_2
checkselect_1:
ld a,b
cp d+1 ;compares B to the width of the area checked, if it is equal to width+1 it checks the next line.
jp z,checkselect_newline
inc a ;increases to the next xcor checked.
ld b,a ;
jp checkselect_2
checkselect_newline:
sub d,b ;subtracts d from b to restore b to its origional place. If this does not work, try pushing b in the begining and pop b later.
ld a,c
inc a
ld c,a
ld a,c ;compares where the current line being checked is and makes sure it is not one line further than e.
cp e+1
jp z,endselectoff
jr checkselect_1
checkselect_2:
ld a,bc ;compares register bc to register hl.
cp hl
jp z,endselecton
jr checkselect_1
endselecton:
ld a,1 ;this ends the subroutine with leaving a as on.
ret
endselectoff:
ld a,0 ;this ends the subroutine with leaving a as off.
ret
#endif

I know theirs lots of mistakes in it but I'm just not a good enough programmer Sad to figure them out yet.

Donald Wacko
Tyler

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Aug 2003 06:26:59 am    Post subject:

I recommend going to MaxCoderz, and getting the 'fastmap' package. However you will need to edit the keys for 4-way or 8-way scrolling because currently it is made for things like mario, sonic, and such
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 25 Aug 2003 05:39:40 pm    Post subject:

um, i dont think u understand what he wants...
lets see if im right...
ok, u want a program that checks if the cursor is in a hotspot (rectangle)? is that right? or is a scrolling thing what u really wanted?
Tyler

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Aug 2003 07:20:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
; d = width of box
; e = height of box

Ahh, yes, I need to read more carefully! I'm not too good with this stuff though. Sorry!
MaxVT103

Posted: 29 Aug 2003 06:57:54 pm    Post subject:

yeah, I just want to see if it is in a box pretty much.
MaxVT103

Posted: 01 Sep 2003 11:53:18 am    Post subject:

So, if anyone knows of a routine already written or can help me write one, please contact me.

Donald
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement