This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 07 Oct 2008 08:58:47 am    Post subject:

The edit button is your friend. Triple posting is generally frowned upon on these forums.
SonicBoom95

Posted: 07 Oct 2008 11:39:41 am    Post subject:

With respect, I know where the edit button is, but I think that each of the ways I posted deserved a bump. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
axcho

Posted: 11 Oct 2008 06:27:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
nice! looks like this project is basically done.
Hehe, I wish! Razz But yeah, I'm glad that the core is in place.

Quote:
EDIT: Do you even need a Goto 0 in NLOAD?
Er, I don't remember, that might be a mistake. I'll have to check.

Quote:
This deserves a bump. The editor won't Sourcecoder.

EDIT: *facepalm* The code is right above your head, you idiot. Anyway, it won't work with Sourcecoder, and I don't know who made the blunder, but at least I still have the source.
That was my fault. I edited the program in Notepad to change the Goto E to a Goto 0, which probably messed up the rest of the file.

Quote:
Omglolyai. I finally got this stuff typed in, and while I had to change .6(K=26 and... to .8(K=26 and... (it just didn't feel right) now I can start on the levels. However, I thought I might point out that your level editor doesn't allow for easy one-pixel movement, so I modified it a little to better suit my level style.
The awkwardness of one-pixel movement is a problem with the editor, I agree. What was the exact modification you made? I'll try to fix the editor controls and re-upload in a future post.

Quote:
Levels soon.
Awesome.

In conclusion, I'll plan on fixing those programs and making sure everything is working, and then upload those updated programs. In the meantime, thanks for making levels, SonicBoom95!

Last edited by Guest on 11 Oct 2008 06:29:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
SonicBoom95

Posted: 11 Oct 2008 11:34:01 pm    Post subject:

Actually, the .8V thing is no longer valid... Why? Because I discovered just how I failed in typing in the engine.

The level editor mods essentially make the velocity vars U and V reset to 0 in every frame, and the maximum they can be is 1 or -1. Code soon.

Not only will there be levels, but there will be explanations of what is going on--so hold off on those updated programs until Thursday. I'll have them uploaded by then (finally got Ti Connect!).

EDIT: Removed entirely unnecessary quoteblock.

EDIT x2: Explained mods to level editor.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Oct 2008 11:36:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 21 Oct 2008 12:54:50 pm    Post subject:

I didn't realize this project was still being worked on. Awesome!
SonicBoom95

Posted: 23 Oct 2008 03:11:45 pm    Post subject:

Agh!

After a recent (1 week ago) memory clear after a failed OS update involving a puppy, I'm trying to recreate the levels I had for N, and the polished game. Sorry about the inconvinience, I haven't forgotten!
axcho

Posted: 24 Oct 2008 02:18:37 pm    Post subject:

Yikes, I'm sorry to hear about your memory clear. :(

Let me know if you want me to upload new versions of the files.
SonicBoom95

Posted: 25 Oct 2008 11:10:13 pm    Post subject:

New versions? You mean you've done some work on them? Sounds good!
SonicBoom95

Posted: 03 Nov 2008 12:24:45 am    Post subject:

Bump.

All right, I haven't abandoned my level creating duties. However, after a mem clear (again) and TI Connect completely breaking, I'm on hold for a while. Sorry.

I should be back soon...

Last edited by Guest on 03 Nov 2008 12:25:04 am; edited 1 time in total
axcho

Posted: 21 Nov 2008 04:13:59 am    Post subject:

Okay, here's the new files - they should actually work correctly this time.

I've also adjusted the level editor boundaries to include space for the time meter, and adjusted the cursor movement so you can go one pixel at a time (or two if you hold an arrow key long enough).

Anyway, thanks SonicBoom95, and I hope your calculator manages to not die any more. Smile
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 21 Nov 2008 07:24:31 am    Post subject:

There seems to be some error in the process. If you do not place a mine while editing a level it returns an error in the NGINE program on the line that says. L3(ANS->E

Looks like you have a solid engine and structure for creating levels running. I may try a stab at level creation, but I'm not much of a creative person.
SonicBoom95

Posted: 24 Nov 2008 09:37:06 am    Post subject:

In short, kthx. In long, KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

In all seriousness, though, I will get around to level creating...sometime. Sorry, but my calc and computer are still dying.
axcho

Posted: 28 Nov 2008 02:26:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
There seems to be some error in the process. If you do not place a mine while editing a level it returns an error in the NGINE program on the line that says. L3(ANS->E
Yeah, the code assumes that there's going to be a mine. I guess I should probably add some code to handle that case.

Quote:
Looks like you have a solid engine and structure for creating levels running. I may try a stab at level creation, but I'm not much of a creative person.
Yeah, that's pretty much the situation. I just need some inspiration in terms of level design. If you make any levels, I'd like to see them, just to get some idea of what different people try to create.

SonicBoom95, whenever you have some levels you'd like to share, let us know. Take your time. I'm in no hurry. Smile
SonicBoom95

Posted: 01 Dec 2008 09:16:09 am    Post subject:

YAI! CALC NOT CRASHING! LEVELS SOON! APOLOGIES FOR RAMPANT CAPS!

...really, sorry about that. I'll take a stab at some truly evil level design. Ever seen mines in the floor? Smile
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2008 11:03:22 am    Post subject:

why wouldn't they be IN the floor?

you can easly see them if they are ON the floor >_>
axcho

Posted: 27 Dec 2008 07:43:07 pm    Post subject:

Glad to hear it, SonicBoom95. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Very Happy
axcho

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 02:08:07 am    Post subject:

All right. Well, it looks like I probably won't be getting much assistance on the level design front with this game. :P

But maybe this article on procedural level design will help me. That could mean either writing a procedural level generator for the game, or more likely, using the process to help myself design levels more easily.

However, level design is not my strong point. Does anyone else want to help make levels for this game? I'd be so very grateful, as otherwise I'm not sure I'd ever get around to finishing this game... :|

By the way, as it's been a very long time since I last posted here, I've recently graduated and acquired my degree in Computer Science. Yay. Smile I worked on Foldit, the protein folding game, and wrote a paper on Designing and Evaluating Player Learning, based on my experiences with Foldit.

Now I'm working at a game startup. Secret for now! :ninja: And I got a Twitter acount this month, which I update more frequently than my blog. So yeah, you can check that out if you want to keep track of what I'm doing. :biggrin:

Anyway, hope things are going all right in the TI calculator world. Anything exciting happen that I should know about?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 10:32:32 am    Post subject:

Not too much action other than the release of the Game Boy emulator alpha. Indestructo tank and Metroid Pi are out, plus the latest Metroid 68k demo from Lachprog. Anyway, the protein folding this sounds pretty cool. Probably some biotech guys out there who might wanna get their forceps on that one.

I dunno. Level design is never too easy. I just start with something basic and revise at later times.

Last edited by Guest on 25 Jun 2009 10:34:11 am; edited 1 time in total
axcho

Posted: 26 Jun 2009 01:39:35 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the update, DigiTan. Smile The protein folding thing is pretty cool, though still rough around the edges. I'd guess that it will take another year or so for it really to take off. But it will be great when it does.

I will keep thinking about the level design. I just have to figure out a way to make it fun for me to do, and I'll do it. Wink
SonicBoom95

Posted: 29 Jun 2009 11:41:20 am    Post subject:

axcho wrote:
All right. Well, it looks like I probably won't be getting much assistance on the level design front with this game. Razz

And I apologize for that. I was recently infinibanned from the Internet, computers, calculators, and anything that has more than four blinking lights on the front, so It's been difficult to reach people. The Iron Regime (read: Mom and Dad) is truly evil. This infiniban is still in effect, and this post will probably be my only post for the next three months at the very least.

Anyway, my apologies for sucking so much at level creation.

Adios!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 9 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement