This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Feb 2006 06:31:20 am    Post subject:

This was going to be my entry for the basic contest, before i realised that it was a bit too big, because i was trying to port the whole pokémon TCG >_>. Now, i've rethought the idea, and it should be doable.

Basically, it's still the pokémon TCG, but i've changed a lot of things to make it work on the calc. All cards are basic pokémon, with attack, HP, type, weakness and a special technique that takes a bit of mana (like wizards). Every turn you can choose if you want to attack or use a special technique. Special techniques can be used for pokemon on the bench or your active one. Every turn you gain 1 mana.
The techniques are kinda like a cross of pokémon powers, special attacks and trainer cards.

I still have to think out a lot of things, like how the game ends and begins, but this is the basic idea. I will not use any ASM libs. Texinmon means Texas Instruments Monsters Razz .

I dont know yet if i'm going to use original pokemon names, slightly changed pokemon names or names that have nothing to do with pokemon.
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Feb 2006 01:43:13 pm    Post subject:

The whole thing? :ninja: There are around 3000 cards now!
But I'm glad we'll be getting card games on our calcs. Smile
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Feb 2006 02:47:56 pm    Post subject:

I wasnt planning to port all cards Razz . But the whole game as in all the functionality, like pokemon TCG for the GBC.

I soon realised that its kinda impossible :biggrin:

Last edited by Guest on 19 Feb 2006 02:52:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Feb 2006 02:57:12 pm    Post subject:

Smile
Back when pkmn tcg was "cool" I played it a little.
All I remember is energy=attack. Very Happy
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Feb 2006 10:18:34 pm    Post subject:

I would recommend only the original 151. I bet I could find an excel sheet with their stats and convert it into a list if you wanted Smile
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Feb 2006 04:19:02 am    Post subject:

I can easily find the stats of all the first cards in my pokemon TCG game for the gameboy, but that's useless, because my game is very different.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 20 Feb 2006 07:46:24 am    Post subject:

Well, you could have all the booster packs and starter packs be seperate files. You could also have it save only the cards you or other players are currently using. Of course, that would have way too much loading.

<offtopic>I don't really get this stuff about how everyone hates Pokémon. It was and still is one of the best-selling Game boy games of all time.</offtopic>

Last edited by Guest on 20 Feb 2006 07:46:36 am; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Feb 2006 10:54:32 am    Post subject:

IAmACalculator wrote:
Well, you could have all the booster packs and starter packs be seperate files. You could also have it save only the cards  you or other players are currently using. Of course, that would have way too much loading.

<offtopic>I don't really get this stuff about how everyone hates Pokémon. It was and still is one of the best-selling Game boy games of all time.</offtopic>
[post="70356"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think they just "grow" out of it when something new comes along...which is said because I now dont have a chance at ever beating Blue version since nobody has their Red version cartridges anymore and Im as far as it is posible to get without trading....:(

Are you planning on using Pokemon from the Gameboy TCG or the real TCG?
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Feb 2006 11:06:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Are you planning on using Pokemon from the Gameboy TCG or the real TCG?
I really dont know yet. BTW, the pokemon from the GB TCG were the same as the first set of cards.
But i dont know if i will even use pokemon at all.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Feb 2006 05:00:18 am    Post subject:

Here's a little screenie. It shows the title screen being drawn, and one card (the game has 3 at the moment, and i plan on adding 50). There's not much more now, thats because i'm going to redo everything.

DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 25 Feb 2006 08:41:32 am    Post subject:

I like the japanneese hars on the title screen, are you planning to add some pokemon pics on the cards as well?
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Feb 2006 09:08:32 am    Post subject:

I wanted to do that at first, but it's already difficult to fit all the data on the calcs tiny screen.
And pictures are pretty big, i want to keep the game small Wink. They also make the cards slower to load. That are the main arguments for not having pics.

Last edited by Guest on 25 Feb 2006 09:09:13 am; edited 1 time in total
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 25 Feb 2006 09:09:31 am    Post subject:

Very cool, leofox!! :D

I haven't played the tcg for quite a while now...
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 25 Feb 2006 11:07:18 am    Post subject:

TCG for calculator... good idea... how does the AI work?
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Feb 2006 11:11:55 am    Post subject:

AI.. well..

umm..

Havent thought about that yet. Probably having an opponent with way more HP and Attack than you, but no techniques. So you have to use your leet techniques to beat it. Advanced AI in basic doesnt work right anyway...
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 25 Feb 2006 05:17:12 pm    Post subject:

Lol... i suppose you could do it with ratios. Whichever has a higher chance of being effective he uses.
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Feb 2006 05:42:16 pm    Post subject:

I like the name leofox, and I hope you are planning on some type of compression method Very Happy. That will be alot of data! Good luck!
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Feb 2006 07:14:53 am    Post subject:

Meh, the cards will be 10K max, the engine somewhere like that too. Don't worry! I'll make it fit in RAM Razz
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Mar 2006 12:03:31 am    Post subject:

Try to make original rules... if you need help with that contact me. I designed at least ten CCG's that only me and my freinds played and if you need help I'd be a good person to ask.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement