This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Raphi91

Posted: 24 Apr 2006 06:13:08 am    Post subject:

the sreenshots are great...
are there little houses ????

cu
Raphi91
Feanor

Posted: 26 Apr 2006 08:40:09 am    Post subject:

You should add a little encryption mechanism for the save-games and also the cheats within the game, so users can't cheat just like that. I know they can still look up the mechanism in the source code and then cheat anyway but that requires more work than most would invest.
But that's up to you; maybe you just want to give the user all the freedom he likes Wink.

Also, don't add anymore objects to the environment; otherwise it becomes unclear.
As of right now, it looks really good.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 26 Apr 2006 08:07:34 pm    Post subject:

Adding encryption just takes up more program space and users can still bypass it anyways. If a person wants to make the game incredibly easy he can change it around, it's not like there are national high scores or anything.
The more complicated the enviroment the more different strategies there are. Where it used to be, only one or two items could be built and the strategy didn't change that much, with outposts different items can be bought and more different ways to play abound.

Another idea for the game is to have it when you attack that you don't know how many opponents are defending. I can't remember if the latest version was like this or not, but I know the earlier ones weren't.
Feanor

Posted: 27 Apr 2006 10:08:33 am    Post subject:

bananaman wrote:
Adding encryption just takes up more program space (...)

lol, I agree^^, was a bad idea.
bananaman wrote:
The more complicated the enviroment the more different strategies there are.

Confused strategies? In the current version, it seems to me like the objects (stones, trees) are just randomly placed in the environment to make it look better... they certainly do the trick but adding more would be not recommendable.. but thats just my opinion. :)

Overall, the game looks really good so far!

Last edited by Guest on 27 Apr 2006 10:12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 Apr 2006 04:31:02 pm    Post subject:

Feanor wrote:
bananaman wrote:
The more complicated the enviroment the more different strategies there are.

Confused strategies? In the current version, it seems to me like the objects (stones, trees) are just randomly placed in the environment to make it look better... they certainly do the trick but adding more would be not recommendable.. but thats just my opinion. :)

Overall, the game looks really good so far!
[post="77253"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ha, Ha. Misunderstanding. I thought you were talking about the different buildings you could purchase. I agree with limited enviroment on the screen unless the different items on screen effect how much of items you can produce.
This just got me thinking. What if items on screen were stuff like trees, bushes, and rocks. Each rock would contain a certain amount of gold, trees-wood, and bushes could be a new element-food.
Food purchases workers, and food plus gold and wood does soldiers. Gold and wood together does buildings(mainly wood though) and gold and wood would do upgrades (mainly gold though). Then at intervals more enviroment could be added. And maybe one type of upgrade would be a research of fertilizers to make more trees and bushes grow. I don't think rock should be rejuvinateable (then you have to choose which upgrades to buy). Ideas are for a later version. Don't feel like you have to incorporate them right away. I want the next version with outposts soon:) Keep up the good work.
Feanor

Posted: 28 Apr 2006 10:31:20 am    Post subject:

Yea, that's a cool idea, but then the bushes/stones/trees would also have to disappear once they're used up. So, he would have to store this data in a list/matr. and save position/type and amount of resources for every object, and if you compare this overall performance slow-down to the increase in the game's quality... Cool

If he would use ASM he could certainly do that^^ Razz but in BASIC you just have to keep your game simple and well-optimized, otherwise it doesnt work at acceptable speed.

Also, adding a whole new resource type (food) would require JE to redo much of the graphical interface and the game's core.. (lol but he would probably do that anyway as long as it improves the game Smile )

Outposts are very good though.. among other excellent ideas, that I've read throughout the topic. But I think, JE should consider seriously which ones to take in and which ones to leave out because of the risk to lower the performance to an extent, to where the game is not playable anymore.
lolje

Posted: 29 Apr 2006 01:02:38 pm    Post subject:

:biggrin: So here you are: :biggrin:

[attachment=726:attachment]

Features:
-outposts
-revized engine
-new skirmish mode (random)
-Lots of cheats (->Readme)

hope it rockz,
lolje

EDIT: readme fixed

Last edited by Guest on 29 Apr 2006 01:26:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Apr 2006 01:13:25 pm    Post subject:

Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea Neutral :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Cool 8)

[edit

fix your readme. the file name is wrong.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Apr 2006 01:17:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
lolje

Posted: 29 Apr 2006 01:27:10 pm    Post subject:

ya i fixed it

The file name is right now Neutral

Last edited by Guest on 04 May 2006 09:45:41 am; edited 1 time in total
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 May 2006 08:39:50 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure b/c I didn't bother to check through all the code, but I think your game might have a memory leek in it. After playing for a while I always get an ERR: MEMORY and I started with 8K free for it to use in variables, and I don't think it takes up that much space.
lolje

Posted: 07 May 2006 04:45:49 am    Post subject:

Did you know, that the RAM decreases while running a basic program?
And Aoc also creates some very big Matrices.

I already said - OPEN WITH MIRAGE OS! This shouldn't be a problem - should it?
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 May 2006 06:32:09 am    Post subject:

lolje wrote:
Did you know, that the RAM decreases while running a basic program?
[post="78428"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Confused Did you use a single label or goto?
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 May 2006 10:02:12 am    Post subject:

Yes he did, but I don't think he has memory leak's.
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 May 2006 05:59:20 pm    Post subject:

Well that normally isn't a true statement about ram and programs. (Excluding a program that stores to every variable possible without archiving them Wink)
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 May 2006 06:27:27 pm    Post subject:

For proof that running a program drains memory (untill the program is ended) run this and tell me what happens:

PrgrmILIKECHEESE
:prgmILIKECHEESE

ERR: Memory

So programs do drain a minor ammount of memory for running.
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 07 May 2006 06:43:25 pm    Post subject:

No, Super Speler, it's:

Code:
prgmILKCHESE
:prgmILKCHESE

Tsk tsk... you should know by now that >8 char. filenames are not good.
If you're a pacifist, why are you starting a war? Isn't that like Bart Simpson deciding to follow rules?
Radical Pi

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 May 2006 06:57:47 pm    Post subject:

Super Speler wrote:
PrgrmILIKECHEESE
:prgmILIKECHEESE
[post="78477"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

*cough* recursion *cough* Rolling Eyes
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 May 2006 07:09:08 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure it's that each program takes a small ammount of memory to run storing what program is running, if it's being used as a sub-ruitine etc.

P.S.
Quote:
If you're a pacifist, why are you starting a war?

In serious life I'm a pacifist, in jokes such as "I'm gonna create an army to take over the world" I'm not. Seriously though, I did it to show, the in my opinion, obsurtities of what people call "war" which is in my oppinion different nations killing each other to get the other to listen to them. I feel there are just wars, but there are no wars fought justly.

Last edited by Guest on 07 May 2006 07:09:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 07 May 2006 07:22:23 pm    Post subject:

*turns off sirens*

Whew...BTW, Pink Floyd is amazing.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 May 2006 07:26:31 pm    Post subject:

true for calling programs, since you have to store the program and line to return to.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 8 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement